Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you proud to go to your University Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I'm grateful, though, massively.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm proud of Cambridge...and I think that's perfectly fine as long as you aren't one of those people who is arrogantly proud about it!
    I think I'd be proud to go to any of the unis I got into though - I was really fortunate in where I managed to get places!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am proud to go there. Im proud of myself for getting through my A levels & getting into uni in the first place.

Keele may not be one of the top unis but I love it all the same & couldn't imagine being anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workforce)
    I'm not proud personally and know that if I went to a better University I could increase performance and output but internally and externally.

Do you think that if you're at a University that is below your academic potential this effects your performance and output?

I am looking for a transfer ASAP.
    What uni are you at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    I go to Edinburgh Uni, so yeah, obviously I'm gonna be proud.
    Is there a reason I'm missing here why this guy got so much neg rep for saying he's proud to go to Edinburgh?

And errrm unsure what I would be proud of with my choices. I was at Liverpool and no, wasn't really proud to go there. Applied to slightly better ones this time though.
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, because I worked hard to get here and feel quite lucky I got to go to a pretty good university to study English when I only got a B in it (not an exam person!)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.