Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kerny)
    Seriously, today, I was going to the bar and this girl just stared at me constantly. Her eyes were completely fixed on my wallet. She kept staring so I decided to stare back.
    And then I was like "what you looking at?" because it started to get a bit pervy and she was just like "buy me a drink you man pig *******." And then she just went off on this massive swear fest and I was like :shock: I thought she was nearly going to punch me! :shock: Why the hell did she insult me when she was clearly in the wrong?

Women nowadays have no respect for us men. They just treat us like some kind of money dispenser! She was clearly wrong in this situation, I did absolutely nothing and that is how she treated me!!!!!! Wtf?
    lol

But seriously some of these posts are insensitive. OP, the guy was out of order for making you feel uncomfortable in the first place to the point where you felt like you needed to say something (this is what I believe to have happened, and not that the OP is equally as mouthy as the fella).

He had many choices, the best one being to apologize showing some courtesy, but he opted for the ignorant, egotistical choice to swear in a means of defense when being confronted and then embarrassed.

ReputationRep:
    Why are women such douche****s?

See, not nice when other people generalise about you is it?

Note: to the poster who came up with douche****, you sir are a legend.

ReputationRep:
    Quick glance at OPs profile

Interests
    I love food! Chinese is my favourite! I really love a good curry, because my mum is from Birmingham so I've got used to having a hearty curry! I enjoy cooking and I work in a wedding cakes shop.

I love music, mostly I listen to hip hop. A bit of Fiddy and Eminem (M&M - :sogood: - my favourite snack actually!)
    I also love Hot Chip and Food Fighters, the Black Eyed Peas, Vanilla Ice, the Sugababes, the Spice Girls and Aerosmith. Big love for Meat Loaf, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Bowling for Soup

ReputationRep:
    Why is it wrong to look at a woman's boobs? You should take it as a compliment!

Also.. I like how you are implying girls don't look at good looking guys.

By saying "oi what are you looking at?" did you honestly think he wouldn't respond back. Keep yourself to yourself and other people will do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M1F2R3)
    The camera man makes money and gets his/her name on the bottom of the photo. The camera crew get money, the make up artist gets money and the model of course gets money, status and publicity.

If a magazine wants to publish the photos they benefit as well.
    Oh right, so you meant everyone profits financially, not everyone benefits. I was thinking of other aspects of the industry rather than just money earned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becomingbindy)
    Oh right, so you meant everyone profits financially, not everyone benefits. I was thinking of other aspects of the industry rather than just money earned.
    :lolwut: profit is derived from "benefit".

Yes, the model benefits in other ways which I have previously explained...

ReputationRep:
    It is wrong of women to think that all men act like this.
    this ^

you're just unfortunate that you are around ********s

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: profit is derived from "benefit".

Yes, the model benefits in other ways which I have previously explained...
    What about the negative aspects of the industry on society?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becomingbindy)
    What about the negative aspects of the industry on society?
    Exposure and defamation? Sure, this happens but the industry generally has many positives. If you want to be cynical that is your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redkicker)
    I hate all men and I think they are such horrible and violent people. The overwhelming majority of them are rapists, child molestors and wife beaters.
    try harder at trolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spamking)
    Quick glance at OPs profile

Interests
    I love food! Chinese is my favourite! I really love a good curry, because my mum is from Birmingham so I've got used to having a hearty curry! I enjoy cooking and I work in a wedding cakes shop.

I love music, mostly I listen to hip hop. A bit of Fiddy and Eminem (M&M - :sogood: - my favourite snack actually!)
    I also love Hot Chip and Food Fighters, the Black Eyed Peas, Vanilla Ice, the Sugababes, the Spice Girls and Aerosmith. Big love for Meat Loaf, Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Bowling for Soup
    I don't get it. :confused: They are really good musicians/artists so what if I like them?

And yes, I like food, get over it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaroom)
    Seriously, today, I was going to work and this guy just stared at me constantly. His eyes were completely fixed on my chest. He kept staring so I decided to stare back.
    And then I was like "Oi mate, what you looking at?" because it started to get a bit pervy and he was just like "F*** off you fat ****." And then he just went off on this massive swear fest and I was like :shock:. I thought he was nearly going to punch me! :shock: Why the hell did he insult me when he was clearly in the wrong?

Men nowadays have no respect for us women. They just treat us like some kind of object! He was clearly wrong in this situation, I did absolutely nothing and that is how he treated me!!!!!! Wtf?!
    Yeah, thats pretty much my everyday but thats harsh, its not all guys, just a pervy minority.

You might struggle to get a guy (if your straight) if thats your opinion but everyone to their own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Empire08)
    Seriously wtf?
    No, all us girls dont love guys perving. feel free once shes your gf but u might struggle to get one if you perve on every girl you look at!

Sorry u got the full blast of my rant but not every girl likes it.

ReputationRep:

Also.. I like how you are implying girls don't look at good looking guys.

By saying "oi what are you looking at?" did you honestly think he wouldn't respond back. Keep yourself to yourself and other people will do the same.
    Sorry its me AGAIN. Yeah, feel free to look at our faces. There positioned slightly higher than our boobs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roodootoo)
    Seriously wtf?
    No, all us girls dont love guys perving. feel free once shes your gf but u might struggle to get one if you perve on every girl you look at!

Sorry u got the full blast of my rant but not every girl likes it.
    So? Your in public, people can look at you all they want. Don't like it? Cover yourself up. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    try harder at trolling.
    try harder at not being stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see not finding a joke funny is stupidity. More like relative humour, not lacking intelligence.

ReputationRep:
    So? Your in public, people can look at you all they want. Don't like it? Cover yourself up. Simple.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    I hardly walk around in a f***in bikini!
    I wear jeans, a t shirt (not even a tight one) and a hoodie and guys still perv. I am covered up!

And yes they can look. Its a free country.

All I'm saying is...

That just makes them a PERV considering I'm only 16 and half these guys are 40+

ReputationRep:
    See the person, not the gender. Idiot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.