Khan
    86.67%
    Maidana
    4.44%
    Dont know, will have to see
    8.89%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Looking forward to Khan getting badly hurt in this one, despicable little rat.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/7058736.stm

You're a little late :facepalm:
    and sound bitter about something. Get a life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    One or two losses is always better imo. It shows a fighter can come back. A zero record suggests they dodged opponents too, whether that is the case or not. Muhammed Ali famously didn't have a zero record and made a phenomenal comeback.

I'm downloading this fight right now.
    Where are you downloading it from?

ReputationRep:
    Was not going to stay up till 4am to watch it on a **** stream. Downloaded the fight

Good fight. Khan outclassed him most of the fight. Khan didnt really recover from the 10th round. Khan got what he wanted out the fight. He picked the strongest fighter in his weight diversion to prove a point. He proved his point. But...
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    Seriously, please do not post, you know tush about boxing. Think you're a badman because youv'e done some sparring in a boxing gym.
    Yeah I don't know **** do I? http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/62123.html Idiot

(Original post by pothead1)
    Obviously just a hater.
    lol I'll admit to this

ReputationRep:
    Good on Amir, though it's too premature to presume that he'd be able to take on Floyd Mayweather

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Yeah I don't know **** do I? http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/62123.html Idiot
    I wasn't referring to that post specifically, just quoted it randomly because couldn't be asked to search. It was in regards to the BS you was rambling on about previously about Khan's jaw.

ReputationRep:
    He proved to the world he can take a punch. I am curious what crap haters are gonna mumble now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uer23)
    I wasn't referring to that post specifically, just quoted it randomly because couldn't be asked to search. It was in regards to the BS you was rambling on about previously about Khan's jaw.
    Going on previous form Khan didn't have much of a jaw, its a bit churlish to argue with that, obviously today he proved he otherwise, and well done to him, still don't like him though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Going on previous form Khan didn't have much of a jaw, its a bit churlish to argue with that, obviously today he proved he otherwise, and well done to him, still don't like him though
    Yeah I thought so! He proved all the doubters wrong, so any form of jealousy or hatred is irrational, which seems to be the case with most of his haters. He doesn't seem to be doing any trash talking or any of that nonsense, so it can't be any of that. Credit is due where it is deserved.

For instance, I dislike Floyd as a person but as a boxer you gotta give it to him, he really knows he's stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Khan fought well and deserved the win, but he still got a bit hot headed in there and went toe to toe. He barely jabbed, stopped throwing body shots (even though he floored Maidana with one, odd that) and should've stuck to his punch and move game. If he did that he would've won much more easily because Maidana was struggling to land punches.

As usual, the Americans aren't giving him credit. Even though he just beat the hardest punching boxer in the division -- a fighter people said he wouldn't have the balls to face -- he's not given credit.

ReputationRep:
    Not taking anything away from Khan, he was good but not great. I'm a great believer in Khan myself, but to be able to fight the big names out there you really cannot be sloppy like he was towards the end there with Maidana where he nearly gave it away, it was going all according to plan until the 10th round, you really have to concentrate from the start to finish. Nonetheless he showed great courage and stayed in there. Well done to Amir, overall he deserved it but could've been very close.

Floyd's not even in the question, atm. He's got a long way to go if he wants that fight to happen.
    Poll
    Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.