Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I whip my hair back and forth. Watch

ReputationRep:
    LOL! XD

ReputationRep:

this should be the music video, apologies if already posted, i cba to go through the thread

ReputationRep:
    I hated it the first time but since then everytime I hear the song it grows on me a little...pretty sure if it was playing in the clubs I go to every weekend I would be wanting to kill her by now though!

ReputationRep:
    It's been in my head for an entire week. Just the chorus on a loop. It's driving me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Awful song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HighestKungFu)
    She's Will Smith's daughter lol so they are connected in the business! To be fair for someone her age she is pretty talented (some kids that age can barely tie a shoelace lol).
    Yeah, she just looks like she put all the shoelaces on her head.

ReputationRep:
    I saw her performance onEllen and she's a actually an amazing performer. It's worrying that she's only 10 years old though, couldn't Will and Jayda had waited until she was at least 13 to launch her career? Makes me lose respect for them- just because you lobe your child doesn't mean they should get everything they want. She might be a very emotionally mature 10 year old but even the most mature child probably can't handle the pressure . Say Whip my hair had flopped, wouldn't Willow feel like a failure? Regardless of how talented she is, really people are only interested in her because of who her parents are. She may not know that now but she'll probably start questioning things when she's older. I just feel sorry for her, she's TEN years old! It might be fun wearing cool clothes and performing and wearing make-up and being adored but sometime she might want to... I don't know... be in school and hang out with her friends and not be able to. She's just a child.

That said, Whip my hair has been in my head for days and I want to kill myself now! So annoying and it's growing on me... someone should tell Willow it does matter if your hair is long or short! I feel like I've been lied to, I can't whip my hair! :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I find this song cute in a Disney Channel sort of way. Something for preteens to listen to during their first school dance or something. Not high quality music, in my opinion, but I listened to some silly stuff when I was younger.

I'd rather hear a seven year old sing along to "Whip My Hair" than say, "Poker Face"

ReputationRep:
    yehh its a gud tune lol the only bit i don't like is the chorus..

ReputationRep:
    It's actually okay apart from...well, the whipping the hair back and forth part.

ReputationRep:
    As someone who's utterly ****ing pretentious, I love this tune.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sonny_J_D)
    It's better than when they used to get pre-teen singers to sing cringable love songs...

Personally I prefer Jimmy Fallon and Bruce Springsteen's version...

Should I be worried that that version is on my walkman-and one of the most listened tunes ? :c

ReputationRep:
    best song ever
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    The worst sight I've seen is in a club seeing women 'whipping' their hair back and forth to the song. I was like just :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Martian)
    I do but she's like 10 and should be studying. She said once in an interview that she doesn't know her timetables. :/ It's her parents fault.
    So.....?
    I am 20 and still don't know my times tables other than 10 and 2 :no:. Still got a B at maths and still got into uni, so times tables are not everything :no:

I don't like the song. She has a great voice though, she reminds me of rhianna. The lyrics were just weird.

ReputationRep:
    Has the "I whip my hair back and forth" bit not been used in another song? Im sure I recognise it from years ago? Maybe not...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.