Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there anything your parents don't know about you that they really ought to? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm batman.

ReputationRep:
    I've had sex, done weed/cocaine/ecstasy.
    I didn't go to Munich by myself, I went with a guy I met at a festival.
    Someone didn't reverse into my car, I reversed into someone.
    I currently have no money in the bank at all, they think I have at least £500.
    I smoke.

I should probably stop lying so much but then they'd just throw me out.

ReputationRep:
    I rather they don't know because I might have to kill them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeogFan28)
    My parents don't know that I'm gay, that I've self-harmed in the past and that I've been diagnosed with OCD and depression.
    OCD is a tough mother***er to live with

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katyness)
    I dont think my mum really knows me, we're just not that close
    same as this, when i occasionally see my mother, she talks to me as if im still the 13 year old she left me as...

ReputationRep:
    going out, drinking, smoking , bfs....

i wish they werrent so strict and i could be more open about my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serentonin)
    I've had sex, done weed/cocaine/ecstasy.
    I didn't go to Munich by myself, I went with a guy I met at a festival.
    I didn't go on a girly holiday to the isle of wight, I went to Download festie with a bunch of guys I didn't know that well.
    Someone didn't reverse into my car, I reversed into someone.
    I currently have no money in the bank at all, they think I have at least £500.
    I smoke.

I should probably stop lying so much but then they'd just throw me out.

Niceeee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CalB92)
    My parents don't know that im gay.
    Neither do mine
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    They don't know multiple past boyfriends I've had.

They don't know about the guy I'm in love with.

And no-one knows one of the most important things of my life...but I'm not about to share that over the internet...never told anyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    They don't know multiple past boyfriends I've had.

They don't know about the guy I'm in love with.

And no-one knows one of the most important things of my life...but I'm not about to share that over the internet...never told anyone!
    You must tell us! Or else we will just keep guessing until we get it right!

Any of these? -

Your first sexual experience was with another female,
    You've had bad/good experiences with drugs,
    You have both male and female genitalia,
    You're a pyromaniac,
    You're a necrophiliac,
    You're hydrophobic,
    You've been in an intimate relationship with a pickled vegetable,
    You are an enthusiastic used condom collector,
    You can speak Arabic,
    You work at Argos,
    Your eyes are not actually green,
    You've aborted a foetus,
    You're a midget, within a larger midget, within a mexican, disguised as a teenage girl....

Am i at least getting close?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    You must tell us! Or else we will just keep guessing until we get it right!

Any of these? -

Your first sexual experience was with another female,
    You've had bad/good experiences with drugs,
    You have both male and female genitalia,
    You're a pyromaniac,
    You're a necrophiliac,
    You're hydrophobic,
    You've been in an intimate relationship with a pickled vegetable,
    You are an enthusiastic used condom collector,
    You can speak Arabic,
    You work at Argos,
    Your eyes are not actually green,
    You've aborted a foetus,
    You're a midget, within a larger midget, within a mexican, disguised as a teenage girl....

Am i at least getting close?
    God, you must be really curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    About 3 months.
    Are you planning to keep it?

ReputationRep:
    I've maxed out my overdraft :sad: and I slept with a woman that works in the same police station as my dad (don't know if it's the same floor/office etc, I hope not).....at my dad's wedding reception!! :eek3:

edit: actually that's something they should never know!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tropical-twist3)
    I've maxed out my overdraft :sad: and I slept with a woman that works in the same police station as my dad (don't know if it's the same floor/office etc, I hope not).....at my dad's wedding reception!! :eek3:

edit: actually that's something they should never know!
    oh and that I've tried coke, I'm so glad I didn't buy it because it wouldn't have been worth £40, it was good but not worth raving about or paying more than a fiver for if I'm honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c0nfus3d)
    Are you planning to keep it?
    I'm not sure.

ReputationRep:
    Just the general sad feelings I've had all my life, my feeling lonely for the past few years and one other thing that my parents can never know or else they will kill me. Nothing much else really.

Oh there was the thing that happened when I was in infant school, which only a couple of people know about

ReputationRep:
    My sibling is older and has never got along with me, never looked out for me or nothing. It toughened me up, aswell as her violence put up with a lot of bullying and ****. My mum has always been violent with me too though.

Yet there is nothing I would ever tell my sister, we don't talk at all. If anything, I prefer to tell parents and talk to them but hide a lot of stuff because they won't be able to ever deal with how serious things have got with me. They would flip out and want to report things, never trust me to be out or with anyone, outcasted for things which aren't normal in culture yet raising me in a really rough area and on purpose a horrible education doesn't help.

I don't tell my sister nothing no matter how serious or if I really need to talk to someone as she would never understand, no matter how bad it is she wouls somehow fully blame anything on me and hate me for whatever she can pile more on. So there's stuff I would mention to my parents that I have to, that I wasn't OK, leave out a lot of it that they don't need to know, as I feel bad that they're older obviously and won't know how to manage me. With my sister though there is no point in me even mentioning at all that I wasn't OK, just don't talk about anything. It hurts but there's nothing I can do, would rather hopefully have a nice at the least decent friend to tell something too but even then I can't say all, as it would cause concern.

ReputationRep:
    I'm adopted.

ReputationRep:
    I have a pretty open relationship with my parents, so there's nothing really that big. I mostly keep things from my dad, because I'm his little girl and I know he favours me at least a bit...he doesn't know I've tried smoking a couple of times and I don't tell him about guys. My mum told him about my last boyfriend and he was cool with it though...
    The only thing I haven't told either of them is that my depression's gotten worse recently and I've been missing quite a lot of class again. I even missed a test last week because I was getting so panicky over it :erm: I don't want to tell them because I know they'll worry and lecture me about it, and I feel bad for putting them through this stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Having a FwB kind of thing....and a one night stand.... - both have become an excellent joke material for the flat discussion though : D
    Student life...*sighs*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.