ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CapsLocke)
    x
    Haha I got those values too!
    The only one I couldn't do was the prove question on 6a :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Lolly Pop Guy)
    Does anyone have the solutions?
    I have to say most of the past papers were easy to complete, this paper however was in a different league.
    It was tough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    OK here's from what I can remember:

Centre of mass Q : 12.3 and 12.9 and the angle was 28
    Last Q: the velocity you got was 2/9 which was in the positive direction and hence it hit the wall again.
    For the vlocity question where the particle was 10 m above the cliff I was 2.03s and 0.2 seconds for the time Q's and got 3root2 as the value of v (Obviously wrote that as decimals which was 4. something)
    For the other projectile Q I got t as root4 and root2 (Again wrote these as decimal)
    For the Q where the box was dragged from A to B I remember putting down 8400 or something like that and the speed as 10 ms-1 (Rounded to 2 sf) when it passed b.
    I think I got the KE energy one wrong though as I got 3 J but I worked out KE lost which you weren't meant to :facepalm:
    For the moments one and the lowest value of u I got 0.51.
    pretty sure COM is 11, 11, as it was symmetrical therefore distance from both sides is the same

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure COM is 11, 11, as it was symmetrical there distance from both sides is the same
    :doh:

ReputationRep:
    This paper was mental, and I think got the ten marker wrong! ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    Question 4.

For the work done question I got something like 8084J (something like that)

For the speed down that slope I got 10.24ms-1

Question 5. For centre of mass I got 11cm from AB and 11cm from BC...it was symmetrical lamina so pretty straight forward.

For the vertical angle with AB, I did tanx = 11/25 and solved for x giving ~23.7 degrees = 24 (rounded to nearest degree)

Question 7. I got µ = 0.514

Question 8. Speed of ball P = + 2/9, where + velocity is in the direction towards wall therefore it will collide.

That's all I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the velocity vector, question 6c,

ReputationRep:
    yeah COM is 11 for x and y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Vinnie)
    Question 4.

For the work done question I got something like 8084J (something like that)

For the speed down that slope I got 10.24ms-1

Question 5. For centre of mass I got 11cm from AB and 11cm from BC...it was symmetrical lamina so pretty straight forward.

For the vertical angle with AB, I did tanx = 11/25 and solved for x giving ~23.7 degrees.

Question 7. I got µ = 0.514

Question 8. Speed of ball P = + 2/9, where + velocity is in the direction towards wall therefore it will collide.

That's all I can remember.
    did you round your angle up to 24, asked to the nearest degree

ReputationRep:
    Okay here are my answers to M2, I'm not entirely sure on these answers so don't take my word for it.

1. a) v = 12
    b) a = 4/45 = 0.0889

2. a) 29 J

3. a) t^4 - 6t^2 + 8
    b)1/5 t^5 - 2t3 + 8t
    c) t = 2, t = 1.41 = root 2

4 a) couldn't do it
    b) 10.24

5 a) 11, 11
    b) 24

Not sure about question 6, could someone confirm if this is right?
    6 a) .. prove
    b) 2.03
    c) v = 3i + (5+9.8)t
    d) 0.204
    e) 3root2

7. mew = 0.514

8 a) prove m = 4
    b) v = 2/9 therefore moving towards the wall.
    Do you (or anyone else) remember the marks for each question? I got the same for 6 btw, except I'm not sure exactly on the proof part. Did you do it by integration? I tried to but couldn't get it so showed it using suvat equations.
    I think it was a fair paper, though I messed it up pretty badly. Lost 10 marks for the coefficient of friction question because I took the cosine of the angle wrong (and as a result got a ridiculous answer and changed my entire method which would have been right, so goodbye method marks) :dry:
    Somehow managed to get 1b wrong as well by the looks of it. hmm, not happy.

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure COM is 11, 11, as it was symmetrical therefore distance from both sides is the same
    Did anyone get meuw as 0.157 ??
    On the root questions I put +/- root 2 and +/- 2 would I lose a mark for the negative?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    How did people work out the my? Mine came out with some evil simultaneous equations. I think I got 0.477 or something.

I got 11,11 and 23 degrees for centre of mass.
    Everyone's right with 2v/9 for last question.

Difficulty of paper: moderate - challenging

ReputationRep:
    what did you guys get for the velocity vector, question 6c,
    3i + (5-gt)j I think?

Maybe +gt actually. I've completely forgotten my answers now I'm all paranoid >.>

ReputationRep:
    did you round your angle up to 24, asked to the nearest degree
    Yeah I did :yep: I remember reading 'to the nearest degree' at the VERY last minute when checking my paper! Close call!

ReputationRep:
    meh I got the centre of mass wrong and Qu 2. Should hopefully be 90, if not I've still got my 87 from last time. :teehee:

Didn't really revise for this paper though so meh.

ReputationRep:
    So what did everyoen think of this paper copmpared to the past papers? Difficult? Moderate? Easy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anradu)
    Did anyone get meuw as 0.157 ??
    On the root questions I put +/- root 2 and +/- 2 would I lose a mark for the negative?
    You might get the marks I think...but logically, time can't be negative and the question gave the inequality 0 <= t <= T

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_hate_teeth)
    So what did everyoen think of this paper copmpared to the past papers? Difficult? Moderate? Easy?
    I personally thought it was quite challenging. I'd reckon the grade boundaries to be at about ~58

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy Ftw)
    3i + (5-gt)j I think?
    you sure it was -gt? i got +gt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ultimate1)
    I personally thought it was quite challenging. I'd reckon the grade boundaries to be at about ~58
    I recon they will be similar to Jan 2004
    Jan-04 64 57 50 43 37 31 25

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.