Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, what do you want to see? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see a multilayer system, not like an MMO, but more of an 'invite to server' kind of thing. It would be great if me and 2-3 other buddys could roam around the same world, do the same quests and such. But having it like warcraft would ruin it, which is why i'd stick to private servers.

More types of destructive magic would be nice, they could make so much more than 3 elements with little effort.

A new 'guard' system should be in place, where the victim of a crime would have to be in a certain distance of a guard to call them. It was always so annoying trying to murder someone in their sleep in their own house, then as soon as they wake up, Bam, 'STOP! pay the court a fine or serve your sentence'

ReputationRep:
    I must say I'm pleased with the activity of this thread nice to see I'm not the only Elder scrolls fan :yep: - Maybe an elder scrolls soc is in order?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiguy)
    Ability to take their underwear off? :P

I jest.

However, i agree with all of the above. AND PLEASE USE A NEW ENGINE!!!!
    guess what?

you can remove undies off in oblivion with a certain mod i heard, not that i use the mod

secondly

they are using a brand new engine!

thats two good news for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Serious gamers don't limit themselves solely to computers.
    They limit the types of games they play on consoles though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingrudding)
    It very much depends on what kind of game you like. FPS aspect games are one of the few that generally work better with a controller. With regards to TES games, I would say that a keyboard is so much better to play it on, it makes it so much easier to control.
    You're saying first person games work better with a controller instead of mouse and keyboard?:confused:

That's an unusual opinion. I don't think I've ever heard someone say that.

I don't know whether to get a new PC for this, or just get it on console. Or just get it for PC and run it in low detail. My PC is a few years old now, so I don't suppose it will run it particularly well.

ReputationRep:
    For this whole console V computer thing. I got Fallout NV on PC after having oblivion/Fallout 3 on console and after the first day(3 hours playtime or so) i gave up with the mouse/keyboard approach...

Grabbed my wireless 360 controller and hooked that up.

Although i do have HUNDREDS of hours playing oblivon/fallout 3 with the controller so am probably just used to it.

Thinking of getting this for PC atm, then i can get all the cool mods but my PC would only comfortably run it at med spec. Probably could run it at max but would i wanna risk cooking my pc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hylean)
    Serious gamers don't limit themselves solely to computers.
    I'm not denying some kinds of games are better suited to consoles. But this, more complex, type of game considerably benefits from the mouse and keyboard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MHorman)
    For this whole console V computer thing. I got Fallout NV on PC after having oblivion/Fallout 3 on console and after the first day(3 hours playtime or so) i gave up with the mouse/keyboard approach...

Grabbed my wireless 360 controller and hooked that up.

Although i do have HUNDREDS of hours playing oblivon/fallout 3 with the controller so am probably just used to it.

Thinking of getting this for PC atm, then i can get all the cool mods but my PC would only comfortably run it at med spec. Probably could run it at max but would i wanna risk cooking my pc?
    Simpleton. How often do you see pro gamers waggling retarded analogue sticks around in terrible attempts to aim.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-the-wall.aspx

A lot of good information here about the wall that was seen in the teaser trailer, sounds like it is going to be fantastic.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by TranceEnergy1989)
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...-the-wall.aspx

A lot of good information here about the wall that was seen in the teaser trailer, sounds like it is going to be fantastic.
    That's really cool. Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexAquifolium)
    That's really cool. Thank you!
    No problem, according to the wall the game is set 200 years after Oblivion with Skyrim on the brink of civil war, can't wait for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammydemon)
    Simpleton. How often do you see pro gamers waggling retarded analogue sticks around in terrible attempts to aim.
    Well, at every single pro console event I have ever seen...

ReputationRep:
    Well, at every single pro console event I have ever seen...
    Never heard of such a thing. It would be like professional rally racing in a Sinclair C5.

Who in their right mind would rather use a controller pad for FPS than the flexibilty of mouse and keyboard. Unless of course you are so incompetent you can't actually use a computer.

ReputationRep:
    I was hoping that they would make one set in Skyrim back when I bought Morrowind 9 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with fast travel. It is silly and kills the exploration. Bring back siltstriders!

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of such a thing. It would be like professional rally racing in a Sinclair C5.

Who in their right mind would rather use a controller pad for FPS than the flexibilty of mouse and keyboard. Unless of course you are so incompetent you can't actually use a computer.
    Who in their right mind is unable to aim with an analog stick? Well, those without thumbs I guess, but apart from them, who?

ReputationRep:

Clearly you have never seen footage of any halo tournaments. And before you say that they are not serious gamers, they are professional gamers and recieve a lot of money for winning.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you have never seen footage of any halo tournaments. And before you say that they are not serious gamers, they are professional gamers and recieve a lot of money for winning.
    Presumably they don't have the option of using a mouse and keyboard.

It's hard to deny that mouse and keyboard is the superior control scheme for FPS games, in the sense that it's easier to be faster and more accurate. If they allowed mouse and keyboard in those Halo tournaments, everyone would have to use it because there's no other way they could keep up with the other players.

The advantage of controllers is that they are more convenient. A mouse and keyboard need a flat, stable surface at an appropriate height to be useful, where as you don't need anything for a controller.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Presumably they don't have the option of using a mouse and keyboard.

It's hard to deny that mouse and keyboard is the superior control scheme for FPS games, in the sense that it's easier to be faster and more accurate. If they allowed mouse and keyboard in those Halo tournaments, everyone would have to use it because there's no other way they could keep up with the other players.

The advantage of controllers is that they are more convenient. A mouse and keyboard need a flat, stable surface at an appropriate height to be useful, where as you don't need anything for a controller.
    That is true, a mouse and keyboard does require more space. Games like Halo have been optomised for controllers. I have had this argument with someone before, saying that a mouse and keyboard was more superior and they made a valid point. If you are used to using a mouse and keyboard, a controller can seem slow and clumsy, but in the hands of someone who is skilled using a controller, they know and can use the lag movement lage to their advantage and fine tune the interface to maximum effect.

ReputationRep:
    That is true, a mouse and keyboard does require more space. Games like Halo have been optomised for controllers. I have had this argument with someone before, saying that a mouse and keyboard was more superior and they made a valid point. If you are used to using a mouse and keyboard, a controller can seem slow and clumsy, but in the hands of someone who is skilled using a controller, they know and can use the lag movement lage to their advantage and fine tune the interface to maximum effect.
    But they would still be at a big disadvantage if they played against someone using a mouse and keyboard. I guess you could compare it to Formula 1 and Formula 3. With a capable driver a Formula 1 car would easily beat a Formula 3 car, even if the Formula 3 car was driven by the best driver in the world. That's why they don't compete together. For the same reason it doesn't make much sense for controller players and mouse and keyboard players to compete against each other.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 14, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.