Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blutarsky)
    If you were given £1500 and you weren't going to university, what would you do with it?

For the purposes of this, we'll pretend that charities have stopped asking for donations

EDIT: Assume also that you don't need to save any money
    save it, use it wisely. don't go on a spending spree as it wouldn't last long

ReputationRep:
    If you were given £1500 and you weren't going to university, what would you do with it?

For the purposes of this, we'll pretend that charities have stopped asking for donations

EDIT: Assume also that you don't need to save any money
    £1500
    Take my friends to a nice meal at a restaurant -- £2000

£1300
    Buy some nice shoes and clothes -- £500

£800
    Donate some money to charity -- £100

£700
    Buy a new phone -- £450

£250
    Buy a bike -- £150

£100
    Use the rest + already existing money to buy a new laptop -- £100 (+ ~ £600)

£0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    Explain the failure?
    Being pedantic. Not funny, just terribly uncool and will stand only to make you unpopular.

Being pedantic. Not funny, just terribly uncool and will stand only to make you unpopular.
    Hah hah, you're the one being pedantic. I just apply logic wherever I am. You asked a question, and I gave an answer that represented the reasoning that I was capable of. Why is that a problem for you? How many others' answers have you said are pedantic 'smart ass fails?'

ReputationRep:
    Treat myself to a ipod / iphone on contract,
    Buy a bow
    Spend a bit of time travelling
    Save it.

ReputationRep:
    I'd buy a proper double bass to play in the jazz band, the ones they have at school are awful and falling apart
    Plus I could actually practise at home

ReputationRep:
    On your own?
    Yeah, alot of travellers do and meet people on their journeys. My friend is doing it at the moment. I'd consider going in a pair though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.