Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i heard that there r shuttle buses from varley and falmer to central brighton and moulsecoomb.
    i just applied for accommodation aswell! put Falmer as my 1st and Phoenix as my second even tho both of them are far from my actual campus which is moulscoomb.
    cant help it tho cuz moulscoomb is waaaay to expensive for me plus i really want an en-suite!
    so there better be shuttle buses!!

btw anyone else going to brighton for aeronautical engineering??

ReputationRep:
    There are certainly frequent buses between all sites, that is normal public buses (£2.50 day tickets at present). The phrase "shuttle bus" relates to a University provided bus between Varley Halls and Falmer campus, but it seems that is now replaced by the Big Lemon bus number 44.
    This page:
    http://staffcentral.brighton.ac.uk/e...te-travel.html
    is full of mistakes, must have been written by a car driver, but makes no mention of the shuttle bus. But Falmer or Phoenix (St Peter's Church) to Moulsecoomb is easy by regular bus, day and night!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently brighton admissions have processed my application despite the fact i can't see any decision on the ucas track thingy, so if everything goes to plan i'll be going straight into second year maths, add me if you'll be in 2nd year maths

Also i'm officially searching for accomodation now as well! I doubt there'd be any room left at this time to apply to halls... I'm looking for people who'r a half way mark between social (like their nights out) and quiet.. i dont want housemates who'll be partying day in & day out but neither do i want housemates who don't know what a good party is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cuckoo91)
    Aren't the shuttle busses they run from Falmer to the uni buildings free?
    nope, they aren't owned by the uni they are normal N25 buses that just happen to go through falmer campus so are predominantly used by students.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm a second year student at Brighton so if you have any questions, fire away!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Racist Dragon)
    Apparently brighton admissions have processed my application despite the fact i can't see any decision on the ucas track thingy, so if everything goes to plan i'll be going straight into second year maths, add me if you'll be in 2nd year maths

Also i'm officially searching for accomodation now as well! I doubt there'd be any room left at this time to apply to halls... I'm looking for people who'r a half way mark between social (like their nights out) and quiet.. i dont want housemates who'll be partying day in & day out but neither do i want housemates who don't know what a good party is
    I've seen on all the Brighton freshers groups on Facebook 2nd/3rd years - still looking for roomys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marlon.brando)
    Got an offer from Brighton for English Literature and Media
    that's what i'm doing too

ReputationRep:
    Got an unconditional to study history of decorative arts and crafts on grand parade campus

still awaiting accommodation offer and soooo excited

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional for English Lit and Lang too! Hopefully I'll get the grades!

ReputationRep:
    guys i would like some help it's urgent and i realy hope someone of you knows sth!it's been a month now i applied to brighton they accepted me immediately with a conditional offer.the thing is i applied in some other universities as well that to tell u the truth are of more interest to me.unfortunately,the others have not yet replied to me,the moment bighton requires firmly accepting the offer and the accomodation application by june!well,what i did is to apply within the deadline for the halls but i did not accept the offer firmly!what happens in such a case?should i email them and say that i accept it even if i am late?and if i accept it,will i have concequences denying later on if i see other universities accept me???

ReputationRep:
    Any other prospective child nurses out there who have been given a base of Eastbourne (for placements)? They've advised that we live at our base yet our lectures are at Falmer. That's about 30 miles isn't it? What are you doing about accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    Humanities: Politics, Philosophy, Cultural Histories BA(Hons)

ReputationRep:
    Firmed: Interior Architecture

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, got a spare room available in a 4 bed house, 3 guys at the moment looking for someone who's up for a laugh in a sociable house, doesn't matter what year you are in. It's available from August 17th. The rooms a good size fully furnished single, very cheap only £82 a week. The house is in a great location, just minutes off of Lewes road with bus services to all Brighton and Sussex campuses. The house has a massive lounge and kitchen, plus a decent size garden. Photos are available, feel free to contact me for further details, we need to know soon as the move in date is coming up quick! cheers, joe. email: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    Hi) I'm gonna do BA photography at Brighton university and got a place in Phoenix halls... very excited) anyone in this course or halls may be??) i'd would be glad to talk a bit as i live outside the uk and don't know much about the place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daria_Prokofyeva)
    Hi) I'm gonna do BA photography at Brighton university and got a place in Phoenix halls... very excited) anyone in this course or halls may be??) i'd would be glad to talk a bit as i live outside the uk and don't know much about the place
    Hi, I'm studying Film & Screen Studies this year at Brighton, and I'm also in Phoenix Brewery halls, flat 6E. How about you? I was originally at Grand Parade campus, but they suddenly changed it to falmer, so annoying. Anyway, maybe see you around halls.

ReputationRep:
    hi)) i'm in 10B) so far i've found only 1 person from this flat, so i wonder where the other peolpe are hiding??
    really annoying that they've changed the campus - falmer is a bit far from the halls=(
    anyway, i heard phoenix is itself really good..hmmm..lots of fun and close to everything worthy in the town)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.