Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

World Darts Championship 2011 Watch

(Original post by Phil_Waite)
      Looking ahead, I think the semi final lineup will be Taylor vs Whitlock and Jenkins vs Anderson. With James Wade going out, Jenkins does have a very good chance of having a good run in the tournament and making the semi final for the first time in his career.
      That wouldnt surprise me, Barney's diabetes can cause problems, especially when it goes seven or eight sets. - The funny thing is though from all of those semi-finalists. Anderson played Taylor in a final over best of 13 sets (as the final of this event is) and beat Taylor 7-3 - he's the only one with beating Taylor in a match of that length. Whitlock lost last year 7-3 but onto Jenkins - he'd lose 7-0.

ReputationRep:
      Whitlock will definitely be able to challenge Taylor if he meets him in the semi final. Last year he pushed him very hard and could easily have won a couple more sets than he did, and was very impressive in his second round demolition of Denis Ovens this year. And with Taylor not quite at the level he was at this time last year, Whitlock has a very good chance.

Whitlock will definitely be able to challenge Taylor if he meets him in the semi final. Last year he pushed him very hard and could easily have won a couple more sets than he did, and was very impressive in his second round demolition of Denis Ovens this year. And with Taylor not quite at the level he was at this time last year, Whitlock has a very good chance.
        Taylor I think was surprised by Whitlock last year, Whitlock was an unexpected finalist and normally Taylor needs to get used to the style of play. For the 4th-8th set Taylor picked the key legs as he went into a 6-2 lead. - Since then, Taylor has grown used to Whitlock handing out some poundings, - the Semi of the World Matchplay (best of 33 legs - which with a requirement of 17 legs - similar to 18 legs minimum in a semi) resulted in Phil beating Simon 17-4, calculated into the set format over the match, Taylor would be 5-0 in sets and 2-0 in legs. Whitlock for me would need to keep on top throughout, just as John Part did in the 2003 final

Well done Wright for getting that set. Deserved that,

Taylor wins 4-1 but I think he'll NOT win it now
            • TSR Support Team

Robert Thornton has gone, but Adrian Lewis was very impressive in that match. Now we got the Pie man against the flying Scotsman Gary Anderson.
            • TSR Support Team

And now Simon Whitlock has gone, what a performance from Van Der Voort. Fellow Dutchman Barney is next against Colin Osbourne.

Looking ahead, I think the semi final lineup will be Taylor vs Whitlock and Jenkins vs Anderson. With James Wade going out, Jenkins does have a very good chance of having a good run in the tournament and making the semi final for the first time in his career.
              Well that held up well didnt it.

Anyway I said the same thing, well done vd Voort. Only worry about him now is the format. He has never ever won a set in a best of nine set match

ReputationRep:
              Gutted Whitlock is gone.
              • TSR Support Team

Barney unconvincingly won the first set but he's struggling in this one against Osbourne, loving the Barney army chants.

2-1 to Osborne

ReputationRep:
                (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
                Well that held up well didnt it.

Anyway I said the same thing, well done vd Voort. Only worry about him now is the format. He has never ever won a set in a best of nine set match
                I didn't say it would hold up
                • TSR Support Team

Barney just doesn't seem himself, he changed his flights on the darts during the break as well. Having said that I guess he's feeling better since the police smashed that blackmailing gang.

EDIT: Somehow Barney battles through to face Gary Anderson, last match coming up Suljovic and Wes Newton next, it is going to be a late finish tonight.

ReputationRep:
                I was there this afternoon. Great game between Terry Jenkins and Wes Newton, sadly Vincent van der Voort seemed to let nerves get to him and was easily beaten by Adrian Lewis, missed some doubles he'd normally have got.

The dressing up by some of the fans had to be seen to be believed. A much younger audience that I expected.

ReputationRep:
                That Jenkins Newton game was a classic. I wish I'd been there!

Anderson is looking unstoppable against Barney. After that first set, Anderson has exploded.

ReputationRep:
                Destroyed him!

ReputationRep:
                The Power creeping back in.

ReputationRep:
                Well Taylor is out but not much of a surprise. Has not been on form for the last few months, but well played Webster.

Anderson the favourite now.

Can I refer the good folk to my post on 29th December

Phil played lower but it still took Webby to play the game of his life to beat him - which is a testament to how good Taylor is on red hot form - but 5-2 is a scoreline no-one expected and huge kudos to Webster for the way he played.

Anyone of the four could win it now. Experience will be key. - Anderson, Webster and Jenkins each have experience of the 13 set format - Lewis doesnt. My tip for the final is Webster v Anderson

ReputationRep:
                  (Original post by Matthew_Lowson)
                  Taylor wins 4-1 but I think he'll NOT win it now
                  What are next week's lottery numbers?

Submit reply
                TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 7, 2011
              • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                What newspaper do you read/prefer?
                Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
              • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.