Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Biochemistry (...Molecular and Cellular)
    College: Trinity
    Offer: AAA including A in Chemistry
    How you found out: Dad phoned up saying he had a letter for me at the sorting office, brought it home, I opened it!
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: SO HAPPY!!! sat on the sofa smiling like a fool for a good 20 minutes phoning people and staring at the letter, wondering if it was a dream... still can't believe it!!!!?

ReputationRep:
    Name (optional): Chris Phillips-Hart
    Subject: Law
    College: Worcester College
    Offer: AAA
    How you found out: managed to get letter off my mum
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: I had to read the letter ALOT and I had to endure my mother's screams. But etc

ReputationRep:
    Subject: English Lit
    College: St Annes
    Offer: 38 points with 766 in higher subjects
    How you found out: Couldn't take the tension after hearing people were getting letters and no post for three days, sent an extremely melodramatic email and got my acceptance letter scanned to me the actual letter then arrived in the evening.
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: I was literally dancing around my house the ENTIRE day.

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Law
    College: Christ Church
    How you found out: After being sick with worry since Friday and not being able to enjoy the run up to Christmas, I finally got the letter yesterday morning. It was possibly the crappiest-most-rejectionesque letter I've ever seen. Folded into three, one sheet of paper but I still tore it open, read it and then...
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: I cried! And my dad cried! And we jumped up and down and did a dance and then I rang my mum and yes, you guessed it, she cried (we're an emotional family, okay?!) So yeah, absolutely over the moon - still can't believe it. Never thought I would post in this thread and the offer's just been the best Christmas present ever

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Medicine
    College: Queen's
    Offer: Unconditional
    How you found out: Phone call
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Smileys can't describe how happy I am right now

ReputationRep:
    Subject: English
    College: Keble
    How you found out: Tutor emailed me early on, and I was greeted by a letter on the door mat when I got back from holiday yesterday.
    Response: Extremely gratified and grateful that reapplying has paid off. After being rejected for PPE last year, people were reluctant to support my decision to try again and 2010 has been turbulent. Anyone in my situation this year, if Oxford really is your dream university, please give yourself another chance.

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Chemistry
    College: St Catherine's
    Offer: AAA including Mathematics and Chemistry
    How you found out: Email
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Oh...My...God! How
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Name: Ashleigh
    Subject: Geography
    College: St Catherines
    Offer: AAA including an A in Geography
    How you found out: Checking my email as soon as i woke up
    Reaction: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:borat::borat: oh gosh ive got to get the grades now :yikes:

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Classics 1A
    College: somerville
    Offer: conditional AAA including latin and greek
    How you found out: letter on monday

so so so so happy and crazily shocked thought my interviews sucked, but yey!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Matt
    Subject: English
    College: St Catz
    Offer: AAA including A in English Literature
    How I found out: Checking my emails early in the morning (well, 11AM) in a bleary-eyed fashion.

Pretty chuffed =)

ReputationRep:
    Name: Max McGenity
    Subject: PPE
    College: Wadham
    Offer: AAA (in any of EngLit, Maths, Hist or Pol)
    How I Found Out: By letter, after sitting by the door for the postie for three hours - the acceptance was visible through the window in the envelope!
    Reaction: A lot of jumping, crying and hugging followed by a whole lot of bacon

Absolutely over the moon - best Christmas present EVER!

ReputationRep:
    Subject: Engineering Science
    College: Open offer
    Offer: AAA with As in Phys, Maths and Chem
    How you found out: Postman arrived this morning with two letters from Oxford, one to say I'd been rejected from Worcester but was likely to be given an offer elsewhere, and one from St Hugh's saying I'd got an Open Offer.
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: :eek: Rang my mum, who was like, "That's excellent. I'll buy you a chest of drawers." ... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Course: Biochemistry
    College: Originally Exeter but pooled to Pembroke
    Offer: AAA with an A in chemistry.
    How I found out: Letter
    Reaction: Started screaming

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I lurk, thought I'd come out of hiding to post this!

Subject -- Physics
    College -- Open offer (Brasenose)
    Offer -- AAA in Maths, Physics and Further Maths

I found out this morning via post. Saw the big Brasenose-branded envelope and knew I must have gotten some kind of alternate offer (I didn't interview there). The letter from Worcester informing me that I was getting an offer from another college came at the same time.

Really pleased, I wasn't expecting an offer at all as I thought neither the PAT nor the interviews went particularly well. In fact I thought the interviews were terrible! I guess it just goes to show that you can't second-guess admissions tutors. Now I've got to try and scrape an A in Further Maths!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Phillipe
    Subject: Human Sciences
    College: St Catherine's
    Offer: AAA Maths, Psychology, English Literature
    Reaction: Delirious laughter!

ReputationRep:
    name: Faiz
    subject: Biochemistry
    college: University
    offer:conditional AAA
    How you found out: by email
    reaction: AHHHH! at first I was rejected then they email me again saying it was a mistake. Wuuu! Im going to oxford baby

ReputationRep:
    Name: Paddy
    Subject: Economics and Management
    College: St Anne's
    How I found out: Letter on Saturday

ReputationRep:
    Name: Chelsea
    Subject: Human Sciences
    College: St Hugh's
    How you found out: Emailed the admissions officer as the post would take weeks to get to my house. Got the scanned letter in return.
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: When I told my parents, there was a lot of screaming involved, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all. I'm going to Oxford next year. O.O

ReputationRep:
    Name: Kate
    Subject: French and Linguistics
    College: Hertford
    How you found out: Letter in the post yesterday.
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: 'What the hell?' Aha, my mum burst out laughing at me. Incredibly surprised considering how awful the interviews were. It's not really sunk in, but yeah, cool beans!

ReputationRep:
    Name: Mike
    Subject: Physics
    College: LMH
    Offer: Conditional
    How you found out: email
    [Insert gushy, smiley-riddled response here]: Great! Can I go back to sleep now?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.