This is more of a grammatical error which p*sses me off so, so much! :angry:

YOUR
YOU'RE*
GET IT RIGHT FFS.

Yep, "your" cool.
Facebook talk! I hate it
Hey - Hay .
Original post by RNBen
Idiots who write 'board' instead of 'bored'. Others too, that one just really gets to me.

Original post by Roobsa
The worst is when people spell 'definitely' as 'defiantly'.

I know! God, I want to stab myself when people make these mistakes!

Also, when they say 'Please bare with me.' I mean, really?
Reply 103
People generally confuse their with there. :unimpressed:
Original post by ilyking
it is alcohol, faggot

are you actually ****ing retarded? read what i wrote you dickhead
Today i saw one of the receptionist on my work and she gave me a note saying 'Mr. blabla is going out tommorow' and i was like :shock:

Literally the first thing that got my eye was that misspelled word that i saw.
Reply 106
Original post by kristinaalovesu
Today i saw one of the receptionist on my work and she gave me a note saying 'Mr. blabla is going out tommorow' and i was like :shock:

Literally the first thing that got my eye was that misspelled word that i saw.

she didn't capitalise the first b in blabla :shock:
Reply 107
"Pronunciation" as "pronounciation".
Original post by beecher

Original post by beecher
she didn't capitalise the first b in blabla :shock:

hahahahahha Very funny Mr. Beecher!
People who misspell "Tory" as "bastard", and those who spell "Nick" as "dick".
Reply 110
LASER

It's a ****ing ACRONYM. It CANNOT be LAZER!!!!!!!!
'Yer' instead of 'yes'. (this is slang I know but :angry:)

'Off' instead of 'of'.

'Too' instead of 'to'.

Someone I know even adds in '0's instead of 'o's and talks like this: Co0l Ill meet u at da canteen... ma bus ws lyk so late... did u fnsh de projct? I ws gona buh fel asleep lol...

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
Reply 112
It's

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious

NOT

Supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus

******* pisses me off :mad:
Reply 113
I've got a mate who's a total headcase. Watching him use facebook is just comedy value! He makes clangers out of the most obvious of words. Meen instead of mean. Acsent instead of accent. There are so many more, but I find it hard to retain his utter ignorance of the English language. While his spelling may be funny, his total lack of understanding of basic grammar is just plain annoying!
Reply 114
Loser
Reply 115
The spelling of 'alright' meaning adequate/good, which has gained acceptance in British English and now widely used, should actually be 'all right.'
Paedophile, not 'pedophile' or 'peadophile'... :rolleyes:
Reply 117
Original post by Superstar6318
I've never understood why others just can't spell, I've never had a problem with it. I dunno, maybe these people never read many books from a young age? I just don't get it.
Huh? Did you just separate two independent causes with a comma?! WTF?! What on earth were you thinking? Didn't you go to school? Didn't you read books when you were younger? Or were you just reading the young books -- did you never make it past The Hunger Caterpillar? Most people learn how to use commas in primary school. If there's any common sense in this world then you would have failed your GCSE in English. Your mistake makes me physically nauseous. Learn proper English or GTFO of the country.

Einheri
What do you think "orthographic" refers to? I'm talking about the written language. Who defines what is proper? The dictionaries? They can't agree among themselves and there is no Grand Council of the English Language to say which is right, therefore any written standard which is representative of the spoken language is just as viable as any other.
Finally: some common sense. There's surely a book to be written about why people like the OP get so worked-up over those who break unofficial orthographic conventions by accident (if it hasn't been written already!).
(edited 13 years ago)
:cigarrate::vacuum::rolleyes:
Reply 119
What annoys me more is when people say 'pacific' or 'pacifically', when they mean specific.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending