Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Wilson on the other bloody side of Hyde Park?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, but they do shed loads of events, and the walk doesn't really take that long. Plus there's more of a all-in-it-together vibe, know the faces of pretty much everyone in the hall, which I would guess is different from halls like beit and southside, but I couldn't really say! All I know is Wilson is awesome, but I guess you enjoy whichever all you end up in

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough! I know a few people there and they are pretty down to earth, even if they do keep themselves to themselves.

I can never drag them to Eastside for a drink, for instance!

ReputationRep:
    That's probably because Hyde Park closes at some point and it takes ages to walk back then

ReputationRep:
    I second that Wilson is awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackPearson)
    I second that Wilson is awesome.
    Ennit Jack! Besides with wilson theres a chicken stop 5 minute walk away. £2.50 for 6 spicy wings and fries... Deal!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am going to put imperial down as my firm choice so am looking at accomodation ideas.
    When you apply do you put down 5 choices? and also do you select what type of room you would like?
    Also can anyone tell me what the different accomodation is like? I am looking at a single standard room and like the look of beit, and weeks and possibly pembridge.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzymac)
    Also can anyone tell me what the different accomodation is like? I am looking at a single standard room and like the look of beit, and weeks and possibly pembridge.
    Thanks
    Eastside and Southside are newer and just as close to the College. Unless you like Beit for the "party" atmosphere.

I can't really remember how you select your preferences. I think it was by price, because obviously it would be wrong to give someone a deluxe room at £200+ per week if they couldn't afford it.

I remember playing my selections so as to avoid Beit, and avoid sharing. I'm in a Premium room at Eastside, which is jolly nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)
    Eastside and Southside are newer and just as close to the College. Unless you like Beit for the "party" atmosphere.

I can't really remember how you select your preferences. I think it was by price, because obviously it would be wrong to give someone a deluxe room at £200+ per week if they couldn't afford it.

I remember playing my selections so as to avoid Beit, and avoid sharing. I'm in a Premium room at Eastside, which is jolly nice.
    Disappointed... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Yeah beit is boss. Except when I got woken up at 5:30 this morning by a large crowd of people in the quad, I have no idea what they were doing there.

Hey crazylemon were you by any chance among the large group of last year's beit who came into the games room last night? They threw a party and neil mcintyre's not happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaqZigWINNER64)
    Yeah beit is boss. Except when I got woken up at 5:30 this morning by a large crowd of people in the quad, I have no idea what they were doing there.

Hey crazylemon were you by any chance among the large group of last year's beit who came into the games room last night? They threw a party and neil mcintyre's not happy
    I heard that was due to mountaineering, he was fuming in the email he sent to the mountaineers anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShaqZigWINNER64)

Nope, I was out elsewhere last night. I am a good boy, I as one of my re ap friends before I come over :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Awwww....you really do love eastside! (spesh cos it has me and ABC in it :P)

you know, i STILL haven't started working yet! i just watched a few episodes of glee after you left, no hangover though

ReputationRep:
    As I live a few miles away from Imperial, I can tell you recommended places to stay:
    , but then again, you have a year to search whilst you live in halls. The area circled in red is where i'd recommend, not because I live there, but it's lively, safe and fairly cheap. Note that Imperial is in South Kensington.

I know that the house next to mine is a 3 bedroom accomodation and rent is £1200 per month. That's fairly cheap for London. Gas, Electricity and water is usually £150 pcm. So if there are 3 people living there, it'll cost £450 pp per month which is around £110 a week, and you'll have that accomodation for everyday of the year. That's how much Imperial charge for their accomodation for 39 weeks. It takes about 45 minutes to get from where I live to Imperial by public transport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimssins)
    Awwww....you really do love eastside! (spesh cos it has me and ABC in it :P)

you know, i STILL haven't started working yet! i just watched a few episodes of glee after you left, no hangover though
    I have read some of a book and eaten 9 chicken nuggets. Tres productive.

(Original post by chaz1992)
    As I live a few miles away from Imperial, I can tell you recommended places to stay:
    , but then again, you have a year to search whilst you live in halls. The area circled in red is where i'd recommend, not because I live there, but it's lively, safe and fairly cheap. Note that Imperial is in South Kensington.

I know that the house next to mine is a 3 bedroom accomodation and rent is £1200 per month. That's fairly cheap for London. Gas, Electricity and water is usually £150 pcm. So if there are 3 people living there, it'll cost £450 pp per month which is around £110 a week, and you'll have that accomodation for everyday of the year. That's how much Imperial charge for their accomodation for 39 weeks. It takes about 45 minutes to get from where I live to Imperial by public transport.
    Personally I like that I live in Hammersmith. Being in walking distance is nice.
    As for safety I have walked around on my own at night/early morning and not problems. I am hardly an imposing individual either.

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth paying for the premium/deluxe rooms? Im trying to persuade my dad that the expense is justified and he should pay for it.

Anyone got any tips as to how to do this? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnythingButChardonnay)

are all the rooms in the diff halls of eastside the same? and
    do you mind posting a picture of your room? i cant seem to find any for the premium room at eastside! thanks

ReputationRep:
    Fisherrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what Eastside and Southside are like party environment wise? Is it loud all the time (like I imagine Beit to be) or are there times when it's loud and other times when it's just chill or is it permanently quiet ? Thankee

ReputationRep:
    Are there any oppurtunities to look round halls before I choose my options? Or should I just attend the open day again but spend the whole time going round halls? Can I just phone up on a random day and look round some halls?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.