Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you like your teeth? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Nah...

ReputationRep:
    After three years of wearing braces, I think it's reasonable to say I like them now - certainly a huge improvement from what they used to be like!

ReputationRep:
    I love my teeth! I always have a really wide grin in photos hehe. I've got a wonky tooth at the front but I think it suits me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by impossible!)
    Ive got stupid fangs, so no I dont like them :/
    I like them

ReputationRep:
    I like my teeth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I really hate my teeth- I have a gap between my two front teeth so I never smile, and often cover my mouth whn I laugh..
    I really want to get braces but my mum says it's not 'necessary', and I don't know how to persuade her to let me get them (I'm fifteen so it would free).

Does it turn you off when a girl has a gap between her teeth?
    Any advice? Do you like your teeth?

there is something called Gillicks competence. If someone under 16 is perfectly able to understand everything thats happening then don't let your mum stop you going to the dentist and asking.

ReputationRep:
    I've got really long canines and one rider but otherwise yeah i love my teeth

you should get braces though......... persuade moms, give her the doe/puppy eyes

ReputationRep:
    I hate my teeth! I have a gap inbetween my middle two front teeth and gaps between those and the teeth next to them, it's so annoying! I'm also 19 so would have to pay, plus I only want an invisible brace at this age tbh.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I guess you really need braces.

I have my younger sis who always complains about her teeth. Her first 2 upper teeth come out and she cant give out a perfect smile with them. She has been doing her treatment and her teeth are really improving.

A friend of mine had baad teeth. They were totally messed up from within and crooked. She had them coming out from every empty space in her jaws. She got braces and now looks really awesome. Her face structure has completely changed and she looks much much better than before and is now currently going out with her 4th boyfriend.

I would definitely suggest you braces. Try to persuade your mom anyhow because it is really worth the bucks, years and efforts on it.

One more thing...if your mom agrees and you guys go to the dentist...the dentist will advise you on breaking a few tooth/teeth...allow him. My mom got a little shaky on her decision for my sisters' braces at that time but I somehow got that "yes" out of her. And if I can do it..I am sure you can. Maybe your mom could even get shaky for the teeth removal thingy.

ReputationRep:
    Oh btw...I love my teeth. Unlike my sisters teeth..mine are straight and perfect ! They give out the really perfect smile and makes me look beautiful !

Remember, your smile is something people are going to notice first. Try making it the best because that is how you leave your very first impression.

ReputationRep:
    I also have a gap inbetween my front teeth but I don't really mind it. People always compliment me on my smile so it can't be much of a bad thing. I have thought about it before but now I don't think I will ever get it 'fixed'.

ReputationRep:
    yeeeh I like my teeth

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    My teeth are a bit goofy, my dentists told me when I was younger that I didn't need braces, however looking back I wished I just ignored their advice. If I get them now it would cost a bomb and would look pretty ugly for a year or two!

Get braces if you want to get them, wish I did.
    Invisalign?

(Sorry if someone has already suggested this, I couldn't be bothered to look through 6 odd pages)

ReputationRep:
    i had braces when i was like 12 and had them till i was 15 or something. cant remember how they looked and didn't wear the retainers and they started moving back to how they were before. obviously this was an issue for me as it felt like i wasted all that time going to the dentist etc. however, doing some research there was no way i was going to get them fixed without paying a price as i was 18 last year and the NHS wouldn't do it. so in last June i put in braces, and they are almost straight and my ortho said they're going to have one more look in Jan and probably take them off 2 weeks after that. this time i will look a\ after them! especially after the money i've bloody spent on them!

ReputationRep:
    My teeth were fine until I got braces and the dentists just ruined it completely. I brush twice a day. Because of the braces my teeth are now straight except for one tooth which has separated from the others and now there's a hole. Who do I blame? The Dentists :/

ReputationRep:
    I daresay I do, although it did cost about 5000 overall.. they are as close as it gets to perfect now

ReputationRep:
    I like my teeth a lot, they are nice and straight and have a nice shape to them. Unfortunately I have an overbite which is going to be corrected, but my teeth themselves I love

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MovingOn)
    I like my teeth a lot, they are nice and straight and have a nice shape to them. Unfortunately I have an overbite which is going to be corrected, but my teeth themselves I love
    I think an overbite is attractive, my cousin used to have one but she wore braces for it. Some models have it as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX)
    I think an overbite is attractive, my cousin used to have one but she wore braces for it. Some models have it as well.
    Thanks, I guess?

I know it's not rare, but I've heard it can cause problems in later life so just trying to be preventative.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.