Nice beaches in the UK? (no pebbles!) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Porthcawl

Bornemouth

Tenby

My favorite beaches to go to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk)
    I'm a local to the Dorset area, and I can safely say without a doubt that you will get no better beach here then Sandbanks - it is my favourite beach in the region and you can get a ferry across from there to some of our other nice beaches such as Shell Bay . Bournemouth is good, but i prefer Sandbanks as it can get extremely busy at Bournemouth in peak season . Boscombe is also a lovely beach I'd also recommend Swanage. It's lovely there, but it's quite a way from any major town.
    This.
    I used to go to Shell Bay all the time when I was little - reminds me of childhood You have to get there early though cos it gets very busy and be careful you don't go too far round the corner into the nudist beach!

Also there is a place called Naish beach - look up Hoburne Naish, that is a nice sandy beach, but you have to be careful as on the cliffs there is clay and you can get stuck, but the actual beach is lovely! Again gets very busy in the summer holidays though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nick Longjohnson)
    Probably the south :dontknow:

The UK isnt particularly well known for good beaches...
    You have got to be kidding me!

Most of Scotland, Wales and the south west are surrounded by beautiful coast and beaches, lots round the rest of the UK too. There are plenty in designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Miles and miles and miles of sand.

Weather, no, but beaches, we got 'em!

Wondering what your idea of a good beach is? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizms)
    You have got to be kidding me!

Most of Scotland, Wales and the south west are surrounded by beautiful coast and beaches, lots round the rest of the UK too. There are plenty in designated Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Miles and miles and miles of sand.

Weather, no, but beaches, we got 'em!

Wondering what your idea of a good beach is? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Where is that?

ReputationRep:
    St andrews

ReputationRep:
    Probably the south :dontknow:

The UK isnt particularly well known for good beaches...
    Formby beach :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessica.thomas)
    Lowestoft & Southwold are both nice, near where I live Also Hemsby & Caister.. there are a lot of holiday homes around there and some hotels
    But but... why would anyone voluntarily spend time in Lowestoft?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.