Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    In our house we have a history of strange this happening, for the fifteen years we have lived there, all six of us (three now living in their own houses), have experienced and "seen" many "things".
    Now I won't go into every story, for the sake of looking idiotic or like a drama queen.

Nothing has been heard or seen for a couple of years now, we used to hear the computer keyboard being smashed around for hours at night and when we'd open the door, it would stop. Bearing in mind, this would happen in front of five or six of us, including visitors.

That has since stopped.

TONIGHT: Me, my step Dad and my Mother are sitting watching some film,- Die Hard I think.
    All of a sudden the main light of the room comes on,- it is switched off at the wall, and the cords are.
    The light stays on for a few minutes, I **** myself, and then it turns back off again.
    We hear no clicking sound, or anything.

Now loads of thing happened as I and my Sisters were growing up,- banging in rooms, chairs scraping when everyone is in bed, tv's turning on randomly, people apparently seeing things on the stairs (including my mother), doors being thrown wide open by thin air and most often the computer keyboard sounding like it's being typed on really harshly with the room empty. But nothing for a good few years.

What would you do about the above? Are we just paranoid?
    I mean, I am 100% not trolling here, I really don't think it's paranormal even with everything else which i've experienced here,- but what could have caused that?
    Honestly it all sounds a bit creepy, but even if you could explain none of it it the answer would be 'I don't know what is causing it'. Nothing you have descibed sounds very hard to explain with more normal theories.

What would I do? I would investigate each occurence and try to locate the actual cause. If you are thinking ghost that is paranoid but it isnt paranoid to think something is wrong because if all those things are happening something IS wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    When there's something strange,
    In the neighbourhood,
    Who you gonna call?
    118?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secret_smile)
    Get a priest to perform an exorcism on the house.
    This.
    Even if you're not particularly religious get it blessed or something, I know a couple of people who did this and it did help things calm down.
    May I ask what sort of thing exactly you saw on the stairs though?
    There may be a particular presense which attracts this activity (if you've heard of the enfield poltergeist case, thats an example of what I mean) - were these event common when a particular one of your family was aronud the house? Have they rceently returned?
    But yeah basically, get an exorcism done and don't mess about with ouija boards and shiz until things calm down again. Don't blame you for being freaked out op...

ReputationRep:
    In our house we have a history of strange this happening, for the fifteen years we have lived there, all six of us (three now living in their own houses), have experienced and "seen" many "things".
    Now I won't go into every story, for the sake of looking idiotic or like a drama queen.

Nothing has been heard or seen for a couple of years now, we used to hear the computer keyboard being smashed around for hours at night and when we'd open the door, it would stop. Bearing in mind, this would happen in front of five or six of us, including visitors.

That has since stopped.

TONIGHT: Me, my step Dad and my Mother are sitting watching some film,- Die Hard I think.
    All of a sudden the main light of the room comes on,- it is switched off at the wall, and the cords are.
    The light stays on for a few minutes, I **** myself, and then it turns back off again.

Now loads of thing happened as I and my Sisters were growing up,- banging in rooms, chairs scraping when everyone is in bed, tv's turning on randomly, people apparently seeing things on the stairs (including my mother), doors being thrown wide open by thin air and most often the computer keyboard sounding like it's being typed on really harshly with the room empty. But nothing for a good few years.

I mean, I am 100% not trolling here, I really don't think it's paranormal even with everything else which i've experienced here,- but what could have caused that?
    Creepy! I, being the freak I am would always have the voice saying 'ghosts' in the back of my head, overriding all logic. Ooh. it's just too scary for my liking. I'm sorry, but after all that I would really not be comfortable there. I'll give you a hug though, *hug, because you must be brave to live there.

ReputationRep:

That has since stopped.

I personally don't believe in ghosts or the vashta nerada or anything like that. However, if they did exist surely that, presuming they are spirits of people they should be half decent, most people are quite nice after all.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

That has since stopped.

I have this problem too, I'm 18, and I've lived in the same house all my life. We've always heard creaking, banging etc, but these are all things that can be explained.

However, our house was built on the leylines of an old monastry, and there was a burial site underneath our house. All of the people on our street have commented on seeing hooded figures walking past the houses, and once, I even experience someone tucking me into bed, no one was there...spooky eh.

ReputationRep:
    Hah I thought I was being attacked by a Paranormal Activity style ghost the other night. There was a loud bang on the wall which is shared with my sisters room, and I thought she was at a sleepover. Turns out she just kicked it as usual, but when you dont know she's there, and you're a little drunk, it's rather scary haha.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.