Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anyone like the Hollister shops? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I bloody hate Hollister. That is not fashion!!! Writing hollister on a plain t-shirt. What is that????? Its not fashion.
    With designers that do that, theyve built their name. Hollister is a sh***y american idea of fashion.
    'American fashion' doesnt even exist, what is american fashion?? Hollister and abercrombie cus thats all they wear. (sorry this does sound rather general. Las Vegas, New York and LA are great. But Im talking majority)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kbountra)
    I really like Hollister clothing too....experience is a bit quirky and loud but completely original. What I find intriguing is how so many people buy from Abercrombie- there is only one store in the country so do you just buy online? The postage costs are expensive, as are some of their clothes which appear to be of similar quality to Hollister but double the price. Still nice stuff.
    I think it's just the fact that there is only one abercrombie store which makes it more exclusive, so more people are after the stuff others are less likely to get their hand on! Even though I go into london everyday for uni, I hate carrying bags around so also shop online (once I ended up spending 960 pounds D'OH!!)

ReputationRep:
    I've been into the shop once or twice and I didn't particularly enjoy the experience. It's so dark in there and it reeks. It also made me feel really self-conscious because you just felt like the staff were judging you the whole time. I also thought it was weird how the staff say "Welcome to Hollister" in this really fake American accent.

ReputationRep:
    FAR TOO DARK :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I have shopped in Hollister a few times. I like the atmosphere of the shop as it gives a unique shopping experience. I just don't like the exclusivitly feel of the shop, that you have to be a certain type of person to be able to shop in the store and from the moment you enter the shop and are greeted with "Hey, what's up?" the staff are judging you.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.