muse - Absolution
    System of A Down - Toxicity :^_^:
    Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine :gthumb:
    I can't choose between them

ReputationRep:
    It really is the ultimate fffuuuuu! album

ReputationRep:

AND

Both extremely different but cannot choose between them! I feel like I am cheating on my other favourites...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Excellent choices. BIABH is a fantastic album I hate how most people go with H61R or BOB as his best album when its clearly BIABH. What's your fav song? Mine is Gates of Eden, which is one of his most underrated songs.
    What about Blood on the Tracks? Buckets of Rain is so poignantly beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    True, but I still prefer Priv Press even if that one song is awesome

Nor does it have either What does your Soul look like? tracks, or Midnight in a Perfect World, nor Mutual Slump. Blood on the Motorway and Fixed Income just don't make up for it, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Planar)
    Nor does it have either What does your Soul look like? tracks, or Midnight in a Perfect World, nor Mutual Slump. Blood on the Motorway and Fixed Income just don't make up for it, in my opinion.
    Mashin' on the motorway, Giving up the ghost, You can't go home again and un autre introduction are all great.

Still don't agree wi' ya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    Mashin' on the motorway, Giving up the ghost, You can't go home again and un autre introduction are all great.

Still don't agree wi' ya
    I agree with you on the first two - they're great, particularly the latter of the two, but I cared little for un autre introduction, and the other track. Your taste is great anyway, so I don't really care that you don't agree with me

ReputationRep:
    Loads of good albums in here. Particular all time favourites of mine:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Not entirely sure but I got this for Christmas and am really enjoying it:

ReputationRep:

Or (can't choose, don't make me )

ReputationRep:
    Can't choose... either A Beautiful Lie by 30 Seconds To Mars or The Royal Albert Hall Concert by Ludovico Einaudi <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rotten Apple)
    I was going to say Hounds of Love and/or Dark Side of the Moon

I'll admit I don't know what your first album is though

It's so hard to pick a best album, which was why I was relunctant at first to post in this thread. Top 10 or 5 would of been more reasonable!

EDIT: I was also thinking of putting Joni Mitchell - Blue to my list of favourite albums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyRodent)
    Not entirely sure but I got this for Christmas and am really enjoying it:

Lucky you, that's probably in my top 5, some cracking tunes in there

And not just because of cover

or

ReputationRep:
    Good thread for recs, but I can't choose just one.

ReputationRep:
    lol at the good music comment. more like bland generic and boring music with crappy and meaningless lyrics. you dont know what real music is.
    The **** is wrong with you. The killers first album was utterly ****ing brilliant pop. Crappy meaningless lyrics? You Obnoxious ****er. Just because it is isn't deep and touching and therefore doesn't scratch that pretentious itch you're yet to grow out of, doesn't mean it's not ****ing brilliant music.

Prententious loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66CC99)
    The **** is wrong with you. The killers first album was utterly ****ing brilliant pop. Crappy meaningless lyrics? You Obnoxious ****er. Just because it is isn't deep and touching and therefore doesn't scratch that pretentious itch you're yet to grow out of, doesn't mean it's not ****ing brilliant music.

Prententious loser.
    LOL looks like a hit a nerve. Didn't say a song had to have deep lyrics for it to be good. I just said the killers are boring and generic so get over it. Also just because somethings popular doesn't mean you have to jump on the bandwagon and act like its amazing. It's obviously not if you look at all the reviews.

ReputationRep:
    LOL looks like a hit a nerve. Didn't say a song had to have deep lyrics for it to be good. I just said the killers are boring and generic so get over it. Also just because somethings popular doesn't mean you have to jump on the bandwagon and act like its amazing. It's obviously not if you look at all the reviews.
    Boring and generic? Sure they drew influences from the 80s new wave but when the first album was released they were new and fresh and changed the face of music, along with Interpol they led the way for the indie surge. It's like saying the kinks are boring because they're unoriginal because they've been copied over and over again.

The killers band wagon had come and gone boyo. The fact that they are still just as popular is a testament to the quality of their pop. I'm nit giving them lots of credit because they are at times tedious and one dimensional and thy couldn't capitalise on their potential but their first album will be remembered as a modern day masterpiece.

You seem to dislike them just because they're popular and it's a really dickish attitude to take.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66CC99)
    Boring and generic? Sure they drew influences from 80s new wave but when the first album was released they were new and fresh and changed the face of music, along with Interpol they led the way way for the indie surge. At the time they were new and fresh. It's like saying the kinks are boring because they're unoriginal because they've been copied over and over again.

The killers band wagon had come and gone boyo. The fact that they are still just as popular is a testament to the quality of their pop. I'm nit giving them lots of credit because they are at times tedious and one dimensional and thy couldn't capitalise on their potential but their first album will be remembered as a modern day masterpiece, much like their predecessors joy division and new order.

You seem to dislike them just because they're popular and it's a really dickish attitude to take.
    Haha changed the face of music stop embarassing yourself. The Beatles changed the face of music, the Sex Pistols changed the face of music, the Killers did not change the face of music. Oh and because they have stayed popular over the whole course of 6 years isn't a testament to the quality so you can come back with that statement if they are still popular in 20 years time. And I don't dislike them because they're popular, in fact I like a lot of popular music but just find the Killers boring. Sorry 'boyo'...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.