Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summerdays)
    What do you mean by 'finish' lol? Do you mean doing all the questions and reading up about everything or just covering the topics?
    Topics,isn't module three based on ecosystem ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ibysaiyan)
    Topics,isn't module three based on ecosystem ?

Yeah it is but it isn't bad at all

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is but it isn't bad at all
    Yea it's just that feeling of having everything done early.Oh well :P I will have 3 days to grind through everything.So how is your revision going ?

ReputationRep:
    Yea it's just that feeling of having everything done early.Oh well :P I will have 3 days to grind through everything.So how is your revision going ?
    I have covered everything (apart for gorilla relationships and dopamine in the brain because to be honest it really is just MEMORISING.) After my F214 resit I plan to go through all of it again and this time do the past paper questions and end of spread quetions in the Heinmann book. After that then I will basically do the june 2010 paper and specimen.

ReputationRep:
    I have covered everything (apart for gorilla relationships and dopamine in the brain because to be honest it really is just MEMORISING.) After my F214 resit I plan to go through all of it again and this time do the past paper questions and end of spread quetions in the Heinmann book. After that then I will basically do the june 2010 paper and specimen.
    Good and good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Heres my guess on the topics that are most likely to come up ^^
    genomes
    genetic engineering
    apoptosis
    behaviour
    muscles
    brain and nervous system
    lac operon
    variation
    artifical selection, natural selection
    cloning
    gene therapy
    succession
    sampling
    nitrogen cycle
    meiosis
    and of course some form of punnett square lol

ReputationRep:
    :s
    (Original post by mathsclown)
    genomes
    genetic engineering
    apoptosis
    behaviour
    muscles
    brain and nervous system
    lac operon
    variation
    cloning
    gene therapy
    succession
    sampling
    nitrogen cycle
    meiosis
    F U C K!!!
    arghhh had unit 4 today so have 2 days to revise im so so screwed on so many levels
    hopefully will get better than a D
    well techinally an E cos i got it remarked and it went down 9 BLOODY MARKS!
    bloody ocr grrrr

ReputationRep:
    Am revising for this exam as we speak. Second time taking it.

Might pull all nighter woooh :rock::rock::rock::rock:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwordStream)
    Am revising for this exam as we speak. Second time taking it.

Might pull all nighter woooh :rock::rock::rock::rock:
    Good! I JUST WOKE UP... I got module three and 4 to finish .Which I hope to do it in few hours.. and a skim through promoter,regulator stuff and off to QP :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathsclown)
    genomes
    genetic engineering
    apoptosis
    behaviour
    muscles
    brain and nervous system
    lac operon
    variation
    cloning
    gene therapy
    succession
    sampling
    nitrogen cycle
    meiosis
    and of course some form of punnett square lol
    We had chi sqaure last time.Nothing on muscles,there was a little bit on genetic engineering,homeobox genes. No animal behavior either,so there's a chance of it coming up...
    oh I have a feeing that the paper will be variable :P in terms of topics... hopefully

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemjem999)
    :s

F U C K!!!
    arghhh had unit 4 today so have 2 days to revise im so so screwed on so many levels
    hopefully will get better than a D
    well techinally an E cos i got it remarked and it went down 9 BLOODY MARKS!
    bloody ocr grrrr
    Ah last summer I ended up with 95% on unit 4 but a D on this <_<.My weak point was genetics.Not any more =P

ReputationRep:
    Good! I JUST WOKE UP... I got module three and 4 to finish .Which I hope to do it in few hours.. and a skim through promoter,regulator stuff and off to QP :P
    Just woke up lol??

Im jumping all over the place. Just revising everything and anything. Soo tired, must stay awake lol

ReputationRep:
    Just woke up lol??

Im jumping all over the place. Just revises everything and anything. Soo tired, must stay awake lol
    Yea.. I had C4 exam in the morning... My sleeping pattern is seriously screwed.
    What topic you on now ?:P if it's anything to do with genetics minus (module 3 and 4) ask meh! :P

ReputationRep:
    Just trying to write down everything about the Nitrogen cycle from memory then guna test it against the book.

Im pretty much confident with everything but the genetics part lol. Im going to do some hardcore genetic based stuff tmoro and wednesday.

ReputationRep:
    From the spec:
    describe one example of primary
    succession resulting in a climax community;

In the mary jone's book two examples are given:Glaciers and sand dunes.. do we need to know both or just one ?
    I find glacier easy to understand.

ReputationRep:
    Right let me put down stuff on succession....

Succession is the gradual,directional change in a community over a period of time.Every successive interval of colonization by different organism's is called seral stage(too much wordy).
    Primary succession is where an area get's colonized which was previously devoid of life,soil.Secondary succession happens when an area has soil and changes in the distribution of species occurs.
    Example of Primary succession :Glaciers
    Glaciers when retreat leave debris of rocks of different sizes called moraine.Moraine first gets colonized by mosses,dwarf willows and mountain avens.These first batch of organisms are called pioneer organisms.Pioneer organisms are suitable to this rigid environment.Their roots easily penetrate through rocks and their dispersal of seeds makes them easy to colonise.Over the period of time as these shed flowers and leaves hummus starts to build up.This causes the soil to become stable and hold more water content.This lures shrubs as a result shrubs over take pioneer organisms.Pioneer organisms can't compete in terms of getting enough sun light since shrubs are taller.Later conifer trees over take shrubs.Conifer trees can't produce nitrate ions so their survival depends on how much nitrate content the soil had.This content was built up by mountain avens which have nitrogen producing bacteria in their roots.
    Ph at the begging is at 8 which decreases as more nitrate begin to be introduced in the soil.The soil becomes acidic which kills pioneer organisms. The climax community is conifer trees/spruce which are stable as long as the soil drains.

Abiotic factors affect in the beginning of succession such as soil PH,water availably,sunlight.As successive seral stages are found biotic factors take role (competition)

ReputationRep:
    Explain what's meant by carrying capacity?
    It's the max. population size achieved by the environment over a period of time.
    Is this correct ?

ReputationRep:
    Almost done with module 3 YAY!! GETTING THERE.. ROFL.. I will write down notes on nitro cycle,bit on Galapagos stuff and conservation (meh i hate wordy modules.. )
    I guess it should be all obvious to you people that I pulled another all nighter.

ReputationRep:
    Almost done with module 3 YAY!! GETTING THERE.. ROFL.. I will write down notes on nitro cycle,bit on Galapagos stuff and conservation (meh i hate wordy modules.. )
    I guess it should be all obvious to you people that I pulled another all nighter.
    Jesus, you animal lol. I couldn't take it, fell asleep :/

Carrying capacity sounds fine. The environment is supporting the maximum stable population size it can.

ReputationRep:
    Jesus, you animal lol. I couldn't take it, fell asleep :/

Carrying capacity sounds fine. The environment is supporting the maximum stable population size it can.
    I see ;P
    Ah and guess what.... I have to go to work now <_< bah... I will be back in 3 hours ish.. but I will probably sleep for sometime :/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.