Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harry Potter actress beaten after not dating Muslim Watch

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if anyone read the part which says: 'they were not found guilty'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fist of the south star)
    Nah, I was reading the part which says "Her brother pleaded guilty to one count of assault and will be sentenced in January."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SolarElephant)
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...an-Muslim.html

I know it's the Daily Mail but still. Your thoughts? I guess she should have dated a pure blood...

EDIT: neg rep? really??
    OP you racist ***** of a whore

ReputationRep:
    Ughhh its the 'daily mail'? That says it all. :

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeowKittenMeow)
    Wow so they only attacked her for dating a Hindu they must be really good people.
    I can't even pretend to understand how that's related to my post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Appearing in a film.. abused for a relationship with a non-Muslim (whether it was as friends or dating I dunno)... Appearing in a film... abused for a relationship with a non-Muslim.

Somehow I don't think you can place both of them in the same boat, even if Islam doesn't allow females to become actresses.
    Islam, technically, doesn't allow ANYONE to become an actor/actress because it violates 'purdah'. I'm saying that families that don't have a problem with this are usually what you would call 'modern', westernized, whatever, but you don't expect those same families to flip out this badly over someone having a gf/bf. I wasn't placing them in the same boat, if you're not a muslim you wouldn't understand this obviously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasman)
    Islam, technically, doesn't allow ANYONE to become an actor/actress because it violates 'purdah'. I'm saying that families that don't have a problem with this are usually what you would call 'modern', westernized, whatever, but you don't expect those same families to flip out this badly over someone having a gf/bf. I wasn't placing them in the same boat, if you're not a muslim you wouldn't understand this obviously.
    Islam does'nt allow you to draw people or objects, it does'nt allow you to make or listen to music, or act in a play or film ?

What a great culture. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I already know it doesn't allow that, but I think that things like that are probably less of a concern to a religious family (by religious I don't mean practising, just those who actually believe in the religion) than their daughter going out with someone, and that someone being of a totally different religion to add to it. Having a bf/gf is something which a family might be like 'omg what about the community we live in what will they think' blah blah (espesh when it comes to daughters) but with acting well.. it's easier to justify - :dontknow: and less of a 'taboo'. I still think they're two very quite different issues and just because a westernized, 'modern' family allows one doesn't mean they are they same kind of family that allows the other. And there's also the fact that a lot of this is to do with cultures as well as religion.

Islam does'nt allow you to draw people or objects, it does'nt allow you to make or listen to music, or act in a play or film ?

Eh? And please sort out your apostrophes, mate

ReputationRep:

(Original post by FyreFight)
    Nah, I was reading the part which says "Her brother pleaded guilty to one count of assault and will be sentenced in January."
    Owned.

ReputationRep:

Don't know where you got that from mate, nice to know you've got a good knowledge of the religion you're trying to insult. Do your own research instead of listening to a lot of muslims who know very little about their own religion anyway. Acting in a play is fine, but a film is something that can be viewed by anyone at anytime and therefore violates 'purdah'. I've said this to death on here, but people in this country love to think that whatever they do, whatever their culture is, that's the benchmark for everyone else, if you don't follow our culture then you're "backward, barbaric, medieval, savages"... So what if we can't act in a film? Just because Islam has different viewpoints than a lot of western ideologies and social norms, you get really arrogant and think that just because of that it is an old religion which doesn't keep up with the times. Get your head out of the clouds, the western culture isn't that great itself you know.

ReputationRep:
    once again, Islam has absouletly nothing to do with this mumbo jumbo...it could have been easily any person from any religon...some muslims are just plain stupid dumb f.u.c.k.s (ahem,example the father and brother)...

Anyway, this situation is so hypocrital that it's too ridiculous...I mean come on, the father and brother supposedly "beat up" the HP actress because she wasn't dating a non-Muslim? o_0

First of LOL at the stupidity of the father and son, secondly, in Islam, it is not even permitted for one to have a bf/gf...so this simply shows how religous NOT the father and brother are....

ReputationRep:
    Don't know where you got that from mate, nice to know you've got a good knowledge of the religion you're trying to insult. Do your own research instead of listening to a lot of muslims who know very little about their own religion anyway. Acting in a play is fine, but a film is something that can be viewed by anyone at anytime and therefore violates 'purdah'. I've said this to death on here, but people in this country love to think that whatever they do, whatever their culture is, that's the benchmark for everyone else, if you don't follow our culture then you're "backward, barbaric, medieval, savages"... So what if we can't act in a film? Just because Islam has different viewpoints than a lot of western ideologies and social norms, you get really arrogant and think that just because of that it is an old religion which doesn't keep up with the times. Get your head out of the clouds, the western culture isn't that great itself you know.
    I don't even have to dignify that with a response. I can let immigration do the talking. It is every Muslims dream to leave their barbaric Muslim homelands and come to the free, Christian/secular west. Muslims are utterly, utterly desperate to come and live in the west in europe, in our society and civilisation. They will literally cut their right arm off to comere here. They cling to trucks to come here illegally, they beg on their knees for asylum, they queue in their hundreds of thousands for visas to come here.

Western culture is far greater than violent, primitive, barbaric Muslim culture. You are LUCKY enough to have been born and brought up in Western culture, many Muslims are not, many muslims will do anything to come here. Muslims born in the west would never EVER dream of moving back to the Islamic hellholes where their parents come from, because they know that our culture is far more tolerant, respecting and socially advanced than their native culture. The fact is that we treat Muslims better than your own so called Muslim brothers treat you, we are better people than your so called Muslim brothers which is why you choose to live with us. It why you choose to turn your back on sharia run states.

And you know it

ReputationRep:
    I don't even have to dignify that with a response. I can let immigration do the talking. It is every Muslims dream to leave their barbaric Muslim homelands and come to the free, Christian/secular west. Muslims are utterly, utterly desperate to come and live in the west in europe, in our society and civilisation. They will literally cut their right arm off to comere here. They cling to trucks to come here illegally, they beg on their knees for asylum, they queue in their hundreds of thousands for visas to come here.

Western culture is far greater than violent, primitive, barbaric Muslim culture. You are LUCKY enough to have been born and brought up in Western culture, many Muslims are not, many musli will do anything to come here. Muslims born in the west would never EVER dream of moving back to the Islamic hellholes where their parents come from, because they know that our culture is far more tolerant, respecting and socialy advanced than their native culture. The fact is that we treat Muslim sbetter than your own so called Muslim brothers, we are better people than your so called Muslim brothers which is why you choose to live with us. It why you choose to turn your back on sharia run states.

And you know it
    This x10

Islamic countries are pretty much the worse countries that you could imagine to live in. Islam is pretty much anti-civilisation, its why Muslims are pouring into the west to escape the islamic nightmare that is their countries. What I do not understand is that after they have escaped to here they refuse to leave Islam and still follow the culture and religion that has degraded their countries so badly.

ReputationRep:
    Oh **** they're Bengali :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I read the part where she refused to testify for fear of her life.

ReputationRep:
    that's RIDICULOUS.
    and some people still claim that islam is a religion of tolerance and peace? yeah, sure.

ReputationRep:

Western culture is far greater than violent, primitive, barbaric Muslim culture. You are LUCKY enough to have been born and brought up in Western culture, many Muslims are not, many muslims will do anything to come here. Muslims born in the west would never EVER dream of moving back to the Islamic hellholes where their parents come from, because they know that our culture is far more tolerant, respecting and socially advanced than their native culture. The fact is that we treat Muslims better than your own so called Muslim brothers treat you, we are better people than your so called Muslim brothers which is why you choose to live with us. It why you choose to turn your back on sharia run states.

And you know it
    Funny isn't it, that you've just proven my point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALZ-93)
    OP you racist ***** of a whore
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreenEyedGal)
    This x10

Islamic countries are pretty much the worse countries that you could imagine to live in. Islam is pretty much anti-civilisation, its why Muslims are pouring into the west to escape the islamic nightmare that is their countries. What I do not understand is that after they have escaped to here they refuse to leave Islam and still follow the culture and religion that has degraded their countries so badly.
    Of course you must have lived there to know this, right? A lot of 'immigrants' come to the UK or any Western country so that they have a better opportunity to earn money and provide for their families. Many who come over earn money and send it back to their families in their own country so their family can actually live comfortably. They don't come here, as bad as it may sound, because they love the idea of Western society. Your post is so badly biased and intolerant that it's ironic that you're suggesting that these other countries are intolerant. How about a bit of open-mindedness to realise that your views are only the way they are because of how you've been brought up, and because of your society, the same way their's are because of their's. And finally, your post deserves a :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    The culture here is different. Whether it is advanced or not is a matter of subjectivity, so stating your opinions as if they are solid facts won't help :rolleyes:. You hardly set a great example whilst claiming 'we are better people than your so called Muslim brothers', and as far as crime statistics are concerned, the top countries with the most assault victims seems to be Western countries, with the UK right up there great non-violence eh. And even for the most assaults it seems to be the same :yy:

And if you don't really believe that source then here's another.

And another, perhaps more 'credible' source: http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/data-a...crimedata.html which shows:

Assault rate per 100,000:
    UK: 769,
    US: 267,
    Other countries in Europe include: 696, 303, 482, 247.

Turkey (arguably the most 'Western' of the Islamic countries): 208,
    UAE: probably about 18.0 or something seeing as the two years before have about 17.6 or something.

Basically, you should stfu. You live in a country more violent than the ones you're claiming are violent. And if you really want to dig deeper have a look at the sexual assaults/rape and see that the Western countries generally have a higher rate than half the Eastern/Islamic countries. Or at the other statistics on the website and you'll see that Western culture isn't AS great as you blindly think it is

This girl being beaten or verbally abused or whatever is more to do with CULTURE than RELIGION. I can't believe you're stupid enough to go on such a rant. The situation isn't even as clearcut as you're making out that it is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.