Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

why does everyone have these headphones? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalysto)
    Quoted for truth.

Seeing a lot of mention of skullcandy headphones, and it makes me giggle inside. Stop throwing your money away on these ****ty, budget, low sound-quality headphones, and get a pair of lower-model AKGs or Audio Technicas omething instead. And more importantly, stop buying your ****ing headphones from Topman and Republic.

At the OP, it's because they're cheap and have "Sony" on them. And no, they don't look expensive. Anyone that thinks they do, is fooling themselves. Sennheiser, Sony headphones above the mdr v500 range, AKG, Audio Technica, Denon, Pioneer and Allen & Heath; the headphone brands that produce quality, instead of fashion accessories. Get a clue please, folks, if you want headphones as a fashion accessory, stick to earmuffs. They're warm, and look just as cheap as your wesc/skullcandys.

This.

I have some Denon C260's which you can get for around £30. Much much better than every skullcandy out there. If you have money to burn then buy some Grado's. A few Klipsch headphones are pretty decent too.

ReputationRep:
    What ****ty cans are you guys using that you can hear people around you with IEMs and not full size cans?

Any *decent* full size headphones will be open. Therefore anyone will be able to hear your music and you'll be able to hear noise around you.

Any *decent* IEMs will block most, if not all background noise.

I'll never understand people who spend £250 on a player then £12 on headphones. Don't even get me started on shightcandy.

ReputationRep:
    Whoever buys these for fashion reasons are idiots. **** skullcandy and wesc.

ReputationRep:
    Beats. Nothing else will do

ReputationRep:
    Good headphones are better in most ways, but essentially better sound quality. They are also more reliable and more comfortable. Obviously the cheap/ skullcandy ones are rubbish and like anything, wearing/ buying them to look cool is lame. tbh i'd prefer to be labelled as such then to go back to the crappy in-ear phones i had previously. I was self concious when i first wore them out because its clear that most people though i was a pretentious ****, but really i dont care anymore ha

ReputationRep:
    Earphones hurt my ears (cos I wear a headscarf) headphones are easier tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Because they look like BOSE headphones which is very expensive and they think people will find them cool when they're really not.
    I prefer earphones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by W.H.T)
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...7C14419648.htm

I see them everywhere I go

whats so good about them?

EDIT - Also do people think that these sort of headphones are less likely to damage your hearing than those small 'in-ear' headphones?
    Sony MDRV150 DJ Headphones?

Arent they for poor people?

ReputationRep:
    why does everyone have these headphones?
    I haven't seen anybody with them.

I've just bought a pair of sennheiser 595 headphones, I am loving them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rusty360)
    Beats. Nothing else will do
    Fo sho.

ReputationRep:
    I've got them!

Guess I'm a ******* then.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.