Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Argument with girlfriend - she slapped me. Watch

ReputationRep:
    1.why is she choosing her friend over you+ doing last minute cancelling?
    2.why could you not be patient?
    3.why did she slap you?
    4.why are you exaggerating it so much?

maybe you should consider how frim and secure your relationship is.
    it's just a slap done with anger..get over it and speak to eachother.talk about it.
    unfortunatley thats rules guys.deal with it.if a guys slaps a girl it's a HUGE issue.
    it a girl slap,it could be talked about and research the reasons behind it.

ReputationRep:
    http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2...low-motion.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryouga)
    So why is it a misconception, now I know many feminists arent like that stereotype but there is a sizeable percentage that are, or at least have a massive chip on their shoulders.

Just like I know girls who throw the feminst word around to justify anything, or girls who say they are feminists in the sense its just about equal rights, then have more male friends than female, and say to a male friend about why doesnt he ask out the girl at the bar as she is hot, or has drinking games with the men.

Theres no smoke without fire as they say.
    I don't know. The very word itself has been destroyed. It's now throw around like a curse word. There is a lot of ignorance about it all. I'm a feminist in the equal right sense, and I don't have any male friends etc.
    Don't see why that has anything to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    Theres a lot to forgive her for, if you're willing to do so.

Turning down a TRIP TO PARIS (!!) for a birthday party (?!), hurting your feelings, wasting your money, making an argument out of it and of course slapping you. All I can say is, Good Luck! (And you deserve better)

ReputationRep:
    i think the only way for her to make it back up to u is for her to arrange that same trip to Paris, all from her purse. assuming whatever op said were true, a simple apology from his gf wouldnt suffice. good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    I think the word is Eirophile. (sorry to be pedantic!)
    Really? I'm not even sure if Irelandphile is a word, I've never used it before. lol. Couldn't find anything on google about 'Eirophile' though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthi-SH)
    ill swap places with you any day you can live in my home in ireland/uni in bath and ill take your norwegian home just need to learn the language...
    Lovely :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    you should have raped her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    I don't think it's okay at all, as I've mentioned. Stop generalising.
    Forgive me for not specifying the billions of people to whom my statement applied to and the thousands it did not. But it would have taken too long. You know, sometimes one has to generalise to make their point. And what I said it true, because it IS socially acceptable for a woman to hit a guy (at least, much more so than if a man hits a woman). If a guy hits a girl in a club, no matter what the reason, ****s not gonna go down well. If a girl hits a guy, we've seen it all before, no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    Well she is completely in the wrong, but I would take a day or two or however long t takes to cool down, then meet up and tell each other calmly how you feel about it all etc, and see how it goes from there x
    Good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Tehe. No problem... That's nice . I love Britain (if you're from Britain,lol). Huge Anglophile/Britainphile/Irelandphile.
    Yeah, we have awesome teeth

ReputationRep:
    Well she is guilty of being a *****, not caring about you at all, and probably cheating on you (a friends birthday party? get real). But the slap is really irrelevant. Unless your gf is a female body builder, a slap wouldn't hurt, its no worse than a dirty look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayK)
    Yeah, we have awesome teeth
    Tehe, yet another stereotype. But yes, Britain and Ireland :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Menakshelatte)
    1.why is she choosing her friend over you+ doing last minute cancelling?
    2.why could you not be patient?
    3.why did she slap you?
    4.why are you exaggerating it so much?

maybe you should consider how frim and secure your relationship is.
    it's just a slap done with anger..get over it and speak to eachother.talk about it.
    unfortunatley thats rules guys.deal with it.if a guys slaps a girl it's a HUGE issue.
    it a girl slap
    ,it could be talked about and research the reasons behind it.
    Why does the gender of the person administering the slap come into it? Have you not heard of gender equality?

ReputationRep:
    The relationship is like Manchester City's title hopes....................OVER!

She has disrespected you has a man, and a human being by raising her hand to you. If she had any respect for you one second before the slap, she doesn't have any now.

If you stay with her you may as well buy her a strap-on so she can go Potsma on your ass....................

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    Forgive me for not specifying the billions of people to whom my statement applied to and the thousands it did not. But it would have taken too long. You know, sometimes one has to generalise to make their point. And what I said it true, because it IS socially acceptable for a woman to hit a guy (at least, much more so than if a man hits a woman). If a guy hits a girl in a club, no matter what the reason, ****s not gonna go down well. If a girl hits a guy, we've seen it all before, no one cares.
    Thousands? More than that. Yes, I know. But you come across as overly harsh. Calling everyone "*****es". Yes, I'm fully aware of this nasty double standard. Which both women and men are guilty of.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that! You invited her to Paris and she's flaking for a friends birthday? Why is the birthday so important all of a sudden? Didn't you have this booked in advance? What an ungrateful *****, I'd dump her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!)
    I think you guys have issues.
    Yeah well girls are smelly!

ReputationRep:
    I always think of friends' birthday parties as pretty important, so when you said the thing about having a nice day in together I was ready to defend her (as it didn't sound like your plans were that important). But a trip to Paris that is booked and paid for is WAY beyond a friend's birthday party. And the slap was inexcusable.

I think you deserve one hell of an apology. I don't suppose you could switch the hotel room to a twin and take a mate instead? Take some time to think about what you want to do about your girlfriend - wait until the anger fades before deciding if you want to be in the relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Well done for not hitting her back. You are not overreacting- of course you would be fuming! Not only did she cancel your plans, she even slapped you! She's really inconsiderate and ungrateful for cancelling your plans like that. If I were you I'd break up with her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.