Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are your parents still in love with one another? Watch

• View Poll Results: Are your parents still in love?
    Yes.
    30.53%
    No.
    38.17%
    I don't know.
    11.45%
    I hope so.
    8.02%
    My parents were never in love.
    11.83%

ReputationRep:
    They split when I was like 3, lolz.

They're still friends tho so all good.

ReputationRep:
    They've been separated for about 15 years, so I'm going to say no.

ReputationRep:
    my parents got married 3 hours after they got engaged haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anita B. Studin)
    my parents got married 3 hours after they got engaged haha
    Drunk in Vegas? I'm guessing you got conceived the same night

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not. Amazed how they're still married.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah too much. :awesome: Its been 23 years. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    the last time i saw them in the same room was my Niece's Christening.

ReputationRep:
    No, but 15 years after a horrible divorce (I thought it was horrible at the age of 3, I don't want to know what they went through) they're friends.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they do, but my dad is Catholic and my mam is financially dependent on my dad, so they're basically stuck with each other. They argue all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, they've just recently split after hating each other for years. Now my Dad is begging for her back every chance he gets despite telling our whole family how much he hates us and abusing us for years - stupid, lonely man.
    To be honest though, I don't think they every were actually in love - my mum was on the rebound and my dad took anything he could get, so I think they just ended up letting it get too far and thought they couldn't end it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesssty)
    Drunk in Vegas? I'm guessing you got conceived the same night
    Well no it was in the hospital.. my parents are crazy docs and ew I hope I didn't get conceived the same night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hash007)
    My Dad makes life hell for my mum, I'm surprised she still stays with him. She probably does it so that she doesn't ruin the 'reputation' of the family. I don't know anyone that could stand to live with my Dad, I'm pretty sure no-one loves him.

Same as my mom. However, they are just getting divorced. My father isn't a bad man I mean he didn't touch my mom or anything like that, but he is very domineering and selfish. My mom wasn't happy, her life was awful, but despite everything she was still in love with him and she didn't wanna ruin "the reputation of my family" too. I talk to her many times, I gave her advice of what she should do and after two years she take my advice and was brave enough to make the right decision. Now even my father is happier despite of the fact the divorce was the end of the world for him, not because he loved her, just because as you say he wolud ruin the family's reputation. He is still very traditional. So, good luck! You should try to help your mom.

ReputationRep:
    My parents divorced over 15 years ago, so I'm guessing they aren't. Plus I haven't seen my mother since I was four and the whole family hate her, including my father.

ReputationRep:
    My parents despise one another.
    Regardless, they have been seemingly happily married for 25 some odd years.

ReputationRep:
    If I ask them that question I'll get a slap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat2pult)
    My parents have been divorced for a decade, and yet oddly this year we'll be having Christmas dinner together as a family, for the second year in a row.
    That's so nice.. I haven't seen my dad for about 10 years.. Wish I could have that happen even once..

ReputationRep:
    I voted no, but I think maybe in their own twisted way they are a bit sometimes. Spilt up now though due to dad going mad like clockwork every 7 or so years and going off with someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktlaurenroe)
    My parents are divorced and hate each other.
    They both ***** about the other to me, which can be quite amusing.
    They do that to me too.... except they're not divorced

yeh my parents are also divorced and ***** to me about each other. so no, they don't love each other.
      also my mum and stepdad only seem to be together for my younger brothers. but it's fine with me cos i just ignore all of it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Andrea8)
      Same as my mom. However, they are just getting divorced. My father isn't a bad man I mean he didn't touch my mom or anything like that, but he is very domineering and selfish. My mom wasn't happy, her life was awful, but despite everything she was still in love with him and she didn't wanna ruin "the reputation of my family" too. I talk to her many times, I gave her advice of what she should do and after two years she take my advice and was brave enough to make the right decision. Now even my father is happier despite of the fact the divorce was the end of the world for him, not because he loved her, just because as you say he wolud ruin the family's reputation. He is still very traditional. So, good luck! You should try to help your mom.
      Ahh good for them. I don't think my Mom would ever get a divorce though.

I see you're applying for aeronautical engineering! Any advice or tips as I'm thinking of applying for that also

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.