Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is wrong with finding the thought of two men bumming each other disgusting? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph90)
    I think the OP is a troll/idiot, but believing that gay couple should not be allowed to adopt children is a legitimate point of view and in my opinion does not equate to homophobia.

Is there any reason you think it makes a person a homophobe? I've spoke to loads of people who agree with that view point but have no irrational objections to homosexuality whatsoever. Infact, one person that comes to mind is a homosexual himself, but thinks that he should not be allowed to adopt as part of a gay couple because it would not be a 'normal' upbringing for the child and it would lack one of the vital elements.
    It may be a legitimate point of view, but in my opinion slightly unjustified.

Firstly lets identify the inequalities
    Lets use a Custody case as an example. Statistically speaking 80% of of cases (in USA) result in the mother being awarded custody. When looking at divorcees involving a "recently exposed/come out lesbian" the mother is only awarded custody in >10% of the cases. why?

Why is it that more than 40% of private IVF clinics refuse treatment on females who declare themselves as lesbians/ who don't have a male to sign off as the proposed father?

As we can see from earlier posts, if we take action in the 'best interest of the child'- there should be no reason why homosexuals should be denied the opportunity.

'normal' family? What is a normal family? The closest thing to a nuclear family i assume? What exactly is this vital element? You mean a parent of the opposite sex?- So surely by the premise of your argument, single heterosexuals should also be denied the right to bring up a child- i assume because they still lack this 'vital element'.

We have to look past the simplistic ideas of social learning. We simply do not become the product of our surroundings. Its a lot more complex than that, and recent studies into the role of hormones (biological influence) in sexual development seem to supersede traditional theories. (congenital adrenal hyperplasia, Klinefelters syndrome etc.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinbad23)
    According to some people this is "homophobic" instantly and now Im a bad person.

An ignorant, vile human being.

Yet that is my opinion.

Men who act like feminine *****es and queens are ****ing irritating.

Men who bum other men, and perve on other men irritate me.

I dont think gay men should adopt kids.

Now I must be "homophobic" right?:rolleyes:

And no I dont neccessarily think they should all be slaughtered either
    My opinion is that you are a flaming tosser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProdigy2k9)
    if you're gay, that's fine.
    go and bum now/get bummed
    What i was thinking!

ReputationRep:
    I think straight men should be happy in a way, that gay men exist. If there are men interested in other men, it means more women available for the straight men, right? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    What are you talking about?! They are amazing! You popped out of one! Oh wait, you are gay. Hmmm, i see your problem. Im trying to think of good advice, but i dont have any. I dont know any gay people so this situation is alien to me. Hmmmmmm.... hmmm.... ive got nothing. Good luck on your adventures
    I was actually born via caesarean section :fyi: ... I guess I was destined to dislike lady bits from the start :dontknow:.

As for the adventures...

I'll be havin' many of those matey.

Spoiler:
    Show
    ... I should really stop taking the piss out of myself :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    If you pop your "John Thomas" up either John or Thomas, you're generally considered gay. And there's nothing wrong with that.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing wrong with it at all. I find brussel sprouts digsuting, but the difference being, I don't make threads about it on TSR.

No one cares about your opinion. Keep it to yourself and no one gets offended. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    Well if these two men are hot I find the thought quite a turn on :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    I was actually born via caesarean section :fyi: ... I guess I was destined to dislike lady bits from the start :dontknow:.

As for the adventures...

Spoiler:
    Show
    So, have you told anyone you're gay irl?
    My friend has done it recently, and people don't really think of him differently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)

As for the adventures...

Spoiler:
    Show
    you could be one of those annoying gay comedians, like that gay guy on bbc.
    Just make sure you dont have sex in public toilets and everything should be ok.

I like taking the piss (Hey people, dont neg me, hes taking the piss out of himself as well, so we are all cool here, ok? Its just.... *whats that word everyone on TSR likes to use*...Its just banter)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rational Paradox)
    Not really...can you give an actual argument against gay adoption?

and what proof do you have that parents of the same gender cannot be good parents?

(Original post by antta101)
    It may be a legitimate point of view, but in my opinion slightly unjustified.

Firstly lets identify the inequalities
    Lets use a Custody case as an example. Statistically speaking 80% of of cases (in USA) result in the mother being awarded custody. When looking at divorcees involving a "recently exposed/come out lesbian" the mother is only awarded custody in >10% of the cases. why?

Why is it that more than 40% of private IVF clinics refuse treatment on females who declare themselves as lesbians/ who don't have a male to sign off as the proposed father?

As we can see from earlier posts, if we take action in the 'best interest of the child'- there should be no reason why homosexuals should be denied the opportunity.

'normal' family? What is a normal family? The closest thing to a nuclear family i assume? What exactly is this vital element? You mean a parent of the opposite sex?- So surely by the premise of your argument, single heterosexuals should also be denied the right to bring up a child- i assume because they still lack this 'vital element'.

We have to look past the simplistic ideas of social learning. We simply do not become the product of our surroundings. Its a lot more complex than that, and recent studies into the role of hormones (biological influence) in sexual development seem to supersede traditional theories. (congenital adrenal hyperplasia, Klinefelters syndrome etc.)
    I didn't say that I personally held that view point, I was merely stating my opinion that it did not make someone a homophobe for holding such a view.

People cite many reasons for holding such views, the integrity of their arguments is highly questionable in a lot of instances but I don't think it is because they hate gays or have some irrational fear of gay people. Therefore, they are not by definition, homophobic. Also, I don't think it is only a question of being 'worse parents' or 'bad parents'.

As for the injustices and inequalities against gays applying for custody of their own children, I think that is a disgusting application of the law. However, that was in the USA, which as I'm sure you will be aware is a lot more 'traditional' as a country. I also think the media image of gay people doesn't help. They are often portrayed as camp, care-free, wierd (if thats the right word?) etc. - Obvoiously a judge should be able to see past that, but as your stats show it rarely happens. On top of that an often cited reason for refusing custody is that they do not think the child should be exposed to such a lifestyle.

I don't know a lot gay people - but the few that I do, you could never tell they were homosexual from their attire, appearance etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 741852963)
    How very true! +Repped!

One think
    *thing

I hate about sodomites is when they attempt to rationale
    *rationalise. 'Rationale' is a noun, you quasi-literate gibbering ****wit.

their 'deed', by saying oh well animals have gay sex, so its natural. Well animals (e.g. pigs) also eat their own waste and have sex with their Mums and sibligs, so by that logic....
    Almost invariably cited as a rejoinder to the kind of fantastic cretin whose denigration of homosexuals relies upon the notion that anything 'unnatural' can be considered ipso facto morally indefensible; since few gays would deem it necessary to proffer a 'justification' for behaviour which causes no harm to anyone, and rightly so.

Now watch this and learn some goddamned humility, you tedious imbecile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steph90)
    I didn't say that I personally held that view point, I was merely stating my opinion that it did not make someone a homophobe for holding such a view.

People cite many reasons for holding such views, the integrity of their arguments is highly questionable in a lot of instances but I don't think it is because they hate gays or have some irrational fear of gay people. Therefore, they are not by definition, homophobic. Also, I don't think it is only a question of being 'worse parents' or 'bad parents'.

As for the injustices and inequalities against gays applying for custody of their own children, I think that is a disgusting application of the law. However, that was in the USA, which as I'm sure you will be aware is a lot more 'traditional' as a country. I also think the media image of gay people doesn't help. They are often portrayed as camp, care-free, wierd (if thats the right word?) etc. - Obvoiously a judge should be able to see past that, but as your stats show it rarely happens. On top of that an often cited reason for refusing custody is that they do not think the child should be exposed to such a lifestyle.

I don't know a lot gay people - but the few that I do, you could never tell they were homosexual from their attire, appearance etc.
    Yes, i do see your point. I Agree with you a little on that stand point. Many have the view 'in good faith' as it were. You don't have to be a homo-phobe to think its a unsuitable environment...

I know, but that is how common law works. I only used USA, as these were the statistics which were available to me. In reality i have no idea what it's like in the Uk. I can't imagine it was overly different however. Earlier this month, i read in the news paper about a custody case involving lesbians. It was slightly outrageous. Two lesbians with very respectable jobs (Dentist and accountant i believe) wanted to have a child. They acquired a donor, where the sperm was used to artifically inseminate one of them. After the child was born, the biological donor sought full parental rights over the child.

And his case was actually being heard in a senior civil court. I have no clue of the outcome but to think it even got to a senior civil court is quite saddening. .
    If it was simply a contract issue involving heterosexual parents, things would have been very different.

ReputationRep:
    Not wanting to personally be involved with an act is not an valid reason to find it offensive.

I don't want to have sex with a lion, but I don't find the idea that lions have sex to be disgusting. Why would I feel any differently about homosexuals, unless I had some kind of deep seated psychological issues with the idea?

All you are doing OP is inadvertantly revealing your own underlying psychological problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinbad23)
    According to some people this is "homophobic" instantly and now Im a bad person.

An ignorant, vile human being.

Yet that is my opinion.

Men who act like feminine *****es and queens are ****ing irritating.

Men who bum other men, and perve on other men irritate me.

I dont think gay men should adopt kids.

Now I must be "homophobic" right?:rolleyes:

And no I dont neccessarily think they should all be slaughtered either
    OMG YOU CAN'T SAY THAT

LOL JK, say what you want.

As long as I don't have to know about it or see it, I'm fine with homosexuality. Camp people are very annoying. Men who parade their homosexuality are annoying. It's as if they just want attention for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    So, have you told anyone you're gay irl?
    My friend has done it recently, and people don't really think of him differently.
    Nope. Haven't told anyone. I think my sister knows, just because she's my sister, not because I've actually told her. I know that there are cases of some people coming out and nothing changing, but I don't really want to risk it tbh.

I get the feeling that some of the people in my year know, but they either don't care, or don't want to bring it up because I make them laugh and they don't want to ruin it, if you get what I mean. :dontknow:

A few people (1 or 2) have asked me before to my face and I've always denied it.

ReputationRep:
    You are entitled to an opinion, and gay men are entitled to be gay.

Complaining that people do not respect your opinion and then not respecting someone's sexuality is hypocritical.

Don't like gay sex? Then don't have it.

Worry about things that are actually affecting you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    I think straight men should be happy in a way, that gay men exist. If there are men interested in other men, it means more women available for the straight men, right? :beard:
    Lesbians, awesome as they are, cancel this effect out surely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    you could be one of those annoying gay comedians, like that gay guy on bbc.
    Just make sure you dont have sex in public toilets and everything should be ok.

I like taking the piss (Hey people, dont neg me, hes taking the piss out of himself as well, so we are all cool here, ok? Its just.... *whats that word everyone on TSR likes to use*...Its just banter)
    Yeah, I don't think I'm good enough to be a gay comedian, I'm annoying enough... just not funny enough

(can't believe i'm "bantering" :zomg: *feels so special*)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Lesbians, awesome as they are, cancel this effect out surely
    Hmmm, you got me there. I suppose they do in a way tbh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.