Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I wonder if we have at least one person on TSR from each city/town in the UK? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I shotgun Sale, Manchester

ReputationRep:
    Right, OK.

Here's a new map: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...8f47d906449995

To add your location:
    1. Click edit in the top-right corner of the results/control bar in the left of the screen
    2. Navigate to where you live (to see the map as well as the search results, use the checklist at the bottom of the screen)
    3. Click the "Add a placemark" button in the top-left of the map view
    4. Put the placemark where you live. Click on it to rename it to your TSR username.
    5. Click "Save" in the results/control bar.

You are now on the big TSR map

You need to be logged in to a google account to be able to edit the map. If you don't have one (why!?) then you'll have to make one to pin yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    Ive been to Coventry, anything at all like that, cos there's almost no one there

Half of my mates are there now, I had an offer last year for Pharmacy and lost it and have got another one for 2011
    Erm, yeah, sorta... only smaller, a lot smaller.

Oh yeah, good for you. :] No doubt you'll have an awesome time once you're there, are you gonna be living in halls or staying at home seeing as you live so close?

ReputationRep:
    I was just getting all angry then because someone was tagged at Doncaster, then I realised someone had done it for me... ah, so is there an actual point to this? Can I be TSR-Doncaster representative?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Right, OK.

To add your location:
    1. Click edit in the top-right corner of the results/control bar in the left of the screen
    2. Navigate to where you live (to see the map as well as the search results, use the checklist at the bottom of the screen)
    4. Put the placemark where you live. Click on it to rename it to your TSR username.

I see no 'edit'!

And I would claim my village but it's so small that stalkers could track me done, so instead I'm gonna claim GLASGOW (Uni City) which means I have AWESOME night life, great music scene and more cheap alcohol then you can throw a stick at!

EDIT: I've found the edit and am now on map =D
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beechams)
    I think a survey is needed.

PIN YOURSELF ON THE MAP

Remember: only ONE user per place. If your city/town/village is taken, either pick another one or GTFO hehe.

Instructions on how to pin: (coming soon)
    OP, get this in the original post as this map allows you to place pins on and there are instructions!

(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    Right, OK.

To add your location:

ReputationRep:
    I steal Hackney -Coz Mumsie lives there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Amour Toujours)
    Erm, yeah, sorta... only smaller, a lot smaller.

Oh yeah, good for you. :] No doubt you'll have an awesome time once you're there, are you gonna be living in halls or staying at home seeing as you live so close?
    Ive been around the place enough times so I sort of know what its like, no ill be living at home, but Ive seen all the new halls you lot have, theres more halls buildings than the uni itself

ReputationRep:
    I claim Bradford. Someone has to...

ReputationRep:
    Oxford reporting in... (My home town)

ReputationRep:
    I can't see "edit"?

ReputationRep:
    St Austell, Cornwall reporting in.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been around the place enough times so I sort of know what its like, no ill be living at home, but Ive seen all the new halls you lot have, theres more halls buildings than the uni itself
    I'm living at home as well, but I've been into the halls and New Build has some nice flats... I haven't been into some of the older blocks though, so goodness knows what they're like inside, considering how unappealing they look from the outside.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potiron)
    I can't see "edit"?
    Click on the >> button on the far left of blue bar, this thing pops out, edit is top right of this thing =D

ReputationRep:
    Representin' Worcester!
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Is it really sad that on the map I put my placemarker not only as Glasgow, but I infact zoomed in on Glasgow and put it over my favourite club as it is a homeland to me?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Amour Toujours)
    I'm living at home as well, but I've been into the halls and New Build has some nice flats... I haven't been into some of the older blocks though, so goodness knows what they're like inside, considering how unappealing they look from the outside.
    You guys have got that new astro turf, with.... a car park underneath? :lolwut:

:yep: the dark brown ones right? ::facepalm: why have they kept them

ReputationRep:
    In the top right it says save to my maps do you need a google account?

ReputationRep:
    You guys have got that new astro turf, with.... a car park underneath? :lolwut:

:yep: the dark brown ones right? ::facepalm: why have they kept them
    Yeah, we've got an astro turf with a car park underneath it... it's pretty random, but I guess it saves on space? Lol, it's Stafford Tower that looks so ugly... I guess they kept those because the rooms are so damn cheap. Still, I've only met one girl that was staying there, everyone else seems to be living in the New Build.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gallant92)
    In the top right it says save to my maps do you need a google account?
    Yeah you do, I didn't realise either

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.