Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Translation: I haven't tried using it for more than 2.3 seconds.
    actually my mum has one...so i have used it for significantly longer.....

and i still have the multiple key mash problem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Did I touch a nerve there?

You've had to buy an app to get a useful keyboard? Well done.

Not much point in a smartphone if you don't have internet access.

Does everything have to look flashy to be good in your world?

No? So why is your Android so much better if you don't play games?
    Whats wrong with buying apps to improve your phone? Is that bad?

I do have internet access........ but as everyone knows using data will eat the battery, no matter what phone you have.

Flashy? If i wanted flashy i would have bought the DHD, HD7 or BB torch

My android suffices my needs/wants, as does the blackberry for you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I bet with swype on my desire HD I'm quicker than most people on their blackberries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I bet with swype on my desire HD I'm quicker than most people on their blackberries
    :cheers: my compact keyboard will own your swype

ReputationRep:
    BBM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mny355)
    BBM.
    Unlimited texts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Gosh what an app that is, never realized it was that effective when it was previewed on YouTube but when I got my hands on it... Pure sex, just utter pure sex. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?!master?!mini?!)
    :cheers: my compact keyboard will own your swype
    I doubt it buddy boy

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
      Unlimited texts?
      Group chat?

ReputationRep:
      Blackberrys are very poor/mediocre phones which are lagging far behind Android and iPhone in terms of apps.

It has a cool name and is very well marketed which is why people see it as the alternative to the iPhone instead of Android which is seen to be less cool and more 'geeky'. Anyone who has any knowledge of technology will not buy a Blackberry over Android (unless it has a specific feature they need) but a lot of young people are buying them due to their marketing and 'cool factor'.

ReputationRep:
      why are people arguing iphone and andriod vs blackberry

if you use blackberrys fundamental unique selling point, is that its the luxary end of the QWERTY keyboard market, then it completely blows touchsceens out the water, since they are targetted at different people. some people dont like touchscreens or find them a hassle, or just personal preference, myslef included i would rather keys on my phone than a touchscreen, however i do love my ipod touch but thankfully i dont need to type on that, my next phone is possibly a high chance of being a blackberry, as i fancy a smartphone and not many good smartphones have proper keys anymore (ignore BB storm for this lol its not that popular anyway)

and those who tell me oh but andriod phones do have QWERTY boards on some models, then i can tell you they arent to the standard of blackberry, not to mention the whole OS is designed for touchscreen phones, so it doesnt match up nicely as BBOS
      • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by teshnit)
      why are people arguing iphone and andriod vs blackberry

if you use blackberrys fundamental unique selling point, is that its the luxary end of the QWERTY keyboard market, then it completely blows touchsceens out the water, since they are targetted at different people. some people dont like touchscreens or find them a hassle, or just personal preference, myslef included i would rather keys on my phone than a touchscreen, however i do love my ipod touch but thankfully i dont need to type on that, my next phone is possibly a high chance of being a blackberry, as i fancy a smartphone and not many good smartphones have proper keys anymore (ignore BB storm for this lol its not that popular anyway)

and those who tell me oh but andriod phones do have QWERTY boards on some models, then i can tell you they arent to the standard of blackberry, not to mention the whole OS is designed for touchscreen phones, so it doesnt match up nicely as BBOS
      'Aren't to the standard of BB's', you mean the plastic rubbish on the every other BB phone apart from the 9700. Sorry this is a non sense statement. I bet you'll be saying even PC keyboards aren't up to that standard of BB ones :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      we're the coolkidz. cant go a day without my berrybaby and having bbm has given me a superiority complex so i really couldnt be without itt.

ReputationRep:
      9700 9780 Torch 9000 All have nice keyboards not just the 9700

Admiteddly the low end curve and pearl arent so great, but those are made so the consumer can access BBs other selling points without the cost. Even then the Curve 3G and 8900 are still quality keyboards, and the Pearl 3G for a old style key layout is high quality

ReputationRep:
      I like mine, I did get it because I wanted a smartphone and at the time I got my contract (mid 2009) HTCs weren't as good and pretty much unheard of and iPhones are too expensive. I might invest in a HTC next time, but I do actually like my blackberry because I like some aspects of its usability that aren't in the HTC/iPhone.

I didn't get it to join a trend, mainly because I had no idea it was a trend to have one. I didn't know about BBM either. It just has a good tariff and was free, and the phone itself had all the things I wanted like applications (not bothered much about apps being limited, I had an ipod touch before I got the blackberry so I can do most things anyway- ipod was a christmas present) and the internet and a nice keyboard that was easy to text on (I have small fingers so find it easy).

Different things for different people I guess, maybe it's not as good as HTC or iPhone but I genuinely like mine and didn't get it for fashion.

ReputationRep:
      If you don't have any game get BBM and you will get pussy

ReputationRep:
      Add my BB Pin! x

14macun7x0

¬_¬ So ****ing annoying!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Gazmatron)
      Blackberrys are very poor/mediocre phones which are lagging far behind Android and iPhone in terms of apps.

It has a cool name and is very well marketed which is why people see it as the alternative to the iPhone instead of Android which is seen to be less cool and more 'geeky'. Anyone who has any knowledge of technology will not buy a Blackberry over Android (unless it has a specific feature they need) but a lot of young people are buying them due to their marketing and 'cool factor'.
      Maybe the're not to the standard of android and iphone in terms of apps, but calling a blackberry a poor phone is pretty ridiculous- I'd think so even as a non-blackberry user. I accidentally lost my battery for my Blackberry (long story) so until my replacement arrives in the shambles that is the royal mail at christmas, I'm using a terrible brick phone. THAT, is a poor phone. A smartphone, which works and works pretty well generally (never really had any problems with mine) can't really be regarded as a poor phone.

And yeah, it's a business phone. They're pretty damn good for people in business who don't really give a crap about applications (my brother has a higher end one than me that he was given when he started his new job, along with his own personal one just because he decided he liked the blackberry, he did have a HTC). He's got a good knowledge of technology, but he prefers the blackberry. Different strokes for different folks.

ReputationRep:
      Most people seem to get it because of BBM, it's odd, recently when I have met people they have asked for my BBM instead of my phone number/facebook, massive blackberry hype. I don't have a blackberry though, iPhones are much better, I hear so many people complaining about their blackberrys breaking

ReputationRep:
      Because most people cant think for themselves?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.