Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stirlo)
    Don't remember my answer, I know I got a=9, so that may help you :P If you remember the rest

For the tan questions i got something like 221/1768 or something like that :/
    NINE?

Lmao, I had a feeling the 3/4th root of [(13) - 4]/2 was wrong :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    That was the hardest exam I've ever done in 17 years of existing.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gildartz)
    for the tan question, did anyone get 15/16?
    I got that within the question but not as the final answer.

That question was just odd though

ReputationRep:
    I definitely didnt get that denominator, got the numerator though. Ah well I probably messed up a calculation near to the end. Got the 12pi ln(25) though
    With That Tan Question You Can Just Substitute A Value In And It Comes To 225/322 So Pretty Sure Thats Right

ReputationRep:
    I definitely didnt get that denominator, got the numerator though. Ah well I probably messed up a calculation near to the end. Got the 12pi ln(25) though
    same i got 225 over something like 386

ReputationRep:
    Not being funny but I thought that this C3 paper was as hard as a further maths one. :mad:

If the grade boundary for an A is like 45, the world will be a much happier place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma987)
    same i got 225 over something like 386
    Same, 225 over some other 3-digit number. Some people at my school got 1/2 though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    100% sure it said to 2 sig fig. xxxx
    damn..

I think I got 161/240 for the tan question
    coz tan? was 1/4

probably wrong

ReputationRep:
    Went kind of dreadful towards the end, I just started doing everything I knew to try and scrape a few marks.

Made a stupid error on the quotient rule question; copied the equation down wrong (changed a positive into a negative) which ****ed things up a bit, will hopfeully get method marks.

However I loved the 9 mark solids of revolution one, did anyone else get a=9 and the final answer as something like 12 \pi ln(25) (or equivalent, could have simplified it more)

ReputationRep:
    Hi chris

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Munchy5793)
    With That Tan Question You Can Just Substitute A Value In And It Comes To 225/322 So Pretty Sure Thats Right
    Sweet I got that but for some reason had a negative sign infront. :/

Edit: Plus I did a lot more working out than that. O_O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sundarii)
    damn..

I think I got 161/240 for the tan question
    coz tan? was 1/4

probably wrong
    The tan question was horrific, I got something like 75/128. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    Really? sigh . I made the tan4O into tan(2o+2O) expanded it then stuck the 1/4 into the values of tanO... I did think I was doing a ridiculous amount of working for 6 marks.

Note: O is phi

ReputationRep:
    For 6 marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackWoot)
    However I loved the 9 mark solids of revolution one, did anyone else get a=9 and the final answer as something like 12 \pi ln(25) (or equivalent, could have simplified it more)

a=9? :mmm: I thought that 6root6-2/3 was a bit odd...

Ahhwelll, Resit here I come!

ReputationRep:
    Sweet I got that but for some reason had a negative sign infront. :/
    Same here, I would be very surprised if the marker can work out all my scribbles for that question.

ReputationRep:
    Went kind of dreadful towards the end, I just started doing everything I knew to try and scrape a few marks.

Made a stupid error on the quotient rule question; copied the equation down wrong (changed a positive into a negative) which ****ed things up a bit, will hopfeully get method marks.

Just about everyone in my school got the right answer for that question. Yeah you're right ;-).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    For 6 marks?
    No To Check The Answer Your Ment To Get

Then Go Crazy With Expanding Brackets And Subsitution To Get To That Answer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikita_atikin)
    Would someone like to verify my answers?

Volumes of revolution 12pi[ln25]

Weird tan question 225/322 (don't even ask)

Last question, range of g(x) > 2(k^0.5)

Simpsons rule 20.3

And can someone tell me the answers to the 1st modulus questions. I think I got it wrong along with pretty much the rest of the paper.
    i got the same as you for them all apart from the range question, because i can't remember my answer for it :s

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ravi and Will

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.