Bernard Hopkins
    Mike Tyson
    Danny Williams
    Chris Eubanks

Rappers

Rakim
    Nearly all of the Wu-tang Clan
    Mos Def
    Lupe (I think he was born into it though)
    Ice Cube
    Q-Tip
    Bone Thugs
    Beanie Siegel
    Scarface
    The Roots
    Ghost Face Killer

and so so many more LEGENDS in both fields, why do barely any of them convert to Judaism or Hinduism or Christianity? Why Boxing and Hip Hop in particular - how come there are barely any Muslim actors - or of other professions in the Entertainment industry?

Oh and

islam is a religion which unites people together

are you a muslim by any chance ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingofSpades)
    because they're black, hence they feel it a religion of acceptance, and stupid, hence they overlook Islamic evilness.
    If you open your eyes a little and see the beauty of it maybe you'd understand it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mia_14)
    islam is a religion which unites people together

are you a muslim by any chance ??
    Yes I love how Muslims are referred to brothers and sisters too. No i'm not (yet)..Been studying it though and I just feel there are alot of misconceptions about Islam and people really need to open their eyes - but at the end of the day people who remain shutoff will get their comeuppance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    I would not say anything as there is anything to be said. MissGeorgia.
    So you comment on my 'immature' use of words, then decline to give me an alternative? :confused: I don't think there was anything to be said in the first place SoulfulBoy...

(Original post by Diaz89)
    lol

bit silly now isn't it
    You have changed that thing twice now. Tiny bit hypocritical to jump on that bandwagon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    So, basically - guys who punch other guys and beat them to a pulp for a living and rappers who sing about guns and hoes? A real credit to the Islamic faith, I am sure.
    Maybe you should listen to their work before you mock them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callumt_y)
    Yes I love how Muslims are referred to brothers and sisters too. No i'm not (yet)..Been studying it though and I just feel there are alot of misconceptions about Islam and people really need to open their eyes - but at the end of the day people who remain shutoff will get their comeuppance.
    i am so happy that you are looking into islam.

mashallah , there are some much bad things said about islam and people dont know what they are talking about.

yes we are brothers and sister

ReputationRep:
    They are still part of that culture.
    Bull****

I mean, instead of Nobel Prize winners, successful statesmen, doctors who have saved many lives - it's rappers and boxers. :teehee:
    As much as I don't like doing this, as it is kind of like rubbing my religion in peoples faces, here is a list of SCIENTISTS who converted to Islaam:

Dr. Ian Webber
    Dr. Jeffery Lang
    Professor Milan
    Dr. Keith Moore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    You have changed that thing twice now. Tiny bit hypocritical to jump on that bandwagon.
    Still proves you're a bit "unintelligent" though doesn't it

ReputationRep:

I mean, instead of Nobel Prize winners, successful statesmen, doctors who have saved many lives - it's rappers and boxers. :teehee:
    They're born into it though. :teehee:

And I'm sure they're many successful statesmen, doctors and maybe even Nobel Prize winners who have converted to Islam but it won't be publicized as these are just normal people with normal jobs/professions, whereas a rapper or boxer has been in the limelight for most of his/her life/career and so their actions will be looked upon by the media.

Btw, did you listen to Lupe Fiasco?

ReputationRep:
    So, basically - guys who punch other guys and beat them to a pulp for a living and rappers who sing about guns and hoes? A real credit to the Islamic faith, I am sure.
    Firstly, boxing is a sport- I believe that it isnt deemed wrong, in any religion for that fact. So in a nut shell, boxing has no religious relevance WHATSOEVER, margaret. I fail to understand why you have brought that up. However, your second argument is relatively viable. Your next argument, some of these rappers, as callum has said have changed their lives around and others as a matter of fact, such as Mos Def, common etc dont even rap about whores etc and infact rap about social justice, equality and politics- or even, just general hip hop, which doesnt necesserily mean guns and whores. So, infact, none of your arguments are viable.

I suggest you develop a knowledge about their works or, to put it simply, shut up.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missgeorgia)
    So you comment on my 'immature' use of words, then decline to give me an alternative? :confused: I don't think there was anything to be said in the first place SoulfulBoy...
    I'm going to explain to you in the most simple fashion. When I said that my alternative was "anything" I did not refuse to give you one. "Anything" is my alternative. Not mentioning it is the straightest way to do it. That's my alternative.

i am so happy that you are looking into islam.

mashallah , there are some much bad things said about islam and people dont know what they are talking about.

yes we are brothers and sister
    Is the incest that pandemic?

(Original post by Diaz89)
    Still proves you're a bit "unintelligent" though doesn't it
    No, it proves im dyslexic. And can't be arsed to use dictionaries online.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logi)
    ..in blowing themselves up.
    stop talking crap

there are billions of muslim , are we blowing are selfs up ???

no we are just average people , who go to school & uni and work

everyday people !!!

dont compare muslims with those ****ers who are hiding themselves in the mountains.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callumt_y)
    But did they convert to Christianity? I dont hear much about converting to other faiths tbh, especially Islam wasn't/isn't considered a "Western" faith yet it dominates in certain feilds that are prevalent in the West.
    It dominates some fields, yet other religions dominate other (most) fields in the West. F.e Premiership football is dominated by Christianity and Atheism, as is Rugby, Golf etc. the list goes on. It could be something to do with the discipline required for boxing, and the discipline that Islam installs in people, who knows? But overall, I don't really see what your point is?

Plus the main reason why you don't hear about people converting to Christianity is because it's not as controversial. Obviously Islam is still a minority religion in the West, and a controversial one at that so when somebody does convert, it's big news. Whereas Christianity, particularly in the USA, is the majority religion so when somebody does convert, so what? The press aren't going to jump on it.

ReputationRep:

HAHAHAHAH epic fail!

The Arabs and Muslims have changed the face of the earth with their inventions and being at the forefront of Science. :teehee:

The bull **** that you just said shows how ignorant and shut off people can be. There really is no point of getting into an argument about Islam because the person criticising never knows what they're talking about LOL. I fee sorry for you..so full of hate :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    Is the incest that pandemic?
    seriously mate .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Logi)
    ..in blowing themselves up.
    You need to educate yourself about it.

ReputationRep:
    stop talking crap

there are billions of muslim , are we blowing are selfs up ???

no we are just average people , who go to school & uni and work

everyday people !!!

dont compare muslims with those ****ers who are hiding themselves in the mountains.
    Dont even get into it! Some of these responses have really open my eyes, people who criticise Islam are so full of hate and know nothing about Islam - we should just leave them be

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.