Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do guys always seem to go for *****es instead of nice girls? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mauvetard)
    pardon me Charlottelisabeth, can i steal this for one second?

Girls are like
    apples on trees. The best
    ones are at the top of the tree.
    The boys don't want to reach for
    the good ones because they are afraid
    of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they
    just get the rotten apples from the ground
    that aren't as good, but easy. So the apples
    at the top think something is wrong with
    them, when in reality, they're amazing.
    They just have to wait for the right
    boy to come along, the one
    who's brave enough
    to climb
    all the way
    to the top
    of the tree.

(the truth)
    Yeah sure! Use it whereva! My life like goes by that! It's so true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You take things a bit too seriously, it's only TSR, I mean come on dudette, chill out.
    So true! Some people do need to chill out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons)
    Yeh, so I commented on what she said? What's the point in posting stuff if you don't expect people to reply?
    Hey now, I really think u need to chill out, take a back seat & read the newspaper or something! I said some things, u said some things....lets just leave it at that & agree to disagree lol! We all interpret things differently sometimes, it's what makes us all different, interesting lol!

ReputationRep:
    It is very simple. There are few nice women and even fewer nice men. Therefore there is a shortage of nice people. Now, if the non-nice people are attracted to others who mirror themselves (also not nice) then the nice people are disadvantaged as they are few in comparison.

Sadly, it would seem it's all about fitting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
    Hey now, I really think u need to chill out, take a back seat & read the newspaper or something! I said some things, u said some things....lets just leave it at that & agree to disagree lol! We all interpret things differently sometimes, it's what makes us all different, interesting lol!
    Sweetheart, I'm not not chilled out. Have you never had a conversation about something with someone where you discuss and debate your views?

'Differences' aren't always good or interesting? I'm sure sexists, racists etc. just think they're different. That doesn't make them interesting or right.

(I'm not calling you a racist, though your comments on men were possibly sexist, but hey that's just 'different', right?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemons)
    Sweetheart, I'm not not chilled out. Have you never had a conversation about something with someone where you discuss and debate your views?

'Differences' aren't always good or interesting? I'm sure sexists, racists etc. just think they're different. That doesn't make them interesting or right.

(I'm not calling you a racist, though your comments on men were possibly sexist, but hey that's just 'different', right?)
    Well yes actually I have had debates before! What seems to be coming across from u to me tho, in my own opinion, is that what u think I say & think, is wrong & that there is no room for discussion! I don't feel there is any discussion going on, it's more like a "I don't agree with what you think, this is how it is".

I agree with what u said about how differences aren't always good, but then again, I think u know in what context I was referring to differences as!

& actually, I don't see myself as a sexist towards men at all, it's just what I perceive to believe! - that a lot of men can think in themselves that they are invincible man whores & that they can treat any girl like **** & then leave them to pick up the pieces of their wrecked lives (no, not an exaggeration) like breadcrumbs! I don't necessarily believe that to be the case nor the truth in all situations, but that is what some men think in themselves, that they can do anything, & only are out to please themselves. That is not what I call sexist.

But then again, isn't this whole thread a little bit sexist towards "nice" girls?
    P.S. No response needed nor wanted cos that was a rhetorical question, just to let u know

(Original post by Jenii)
    Most people think they're nice people! Hardly any females think they're "*****es".

You've made a generalisation about girls in relationships or girls that get treated nicely (that they're usually *****es)- that's not a very nice thing to do.

You also sound quite whiny, i.e. "life is so unfair" comment. Have a bit of perspective! If the biggest problem you have is that guys don't usually go for you I fail to muster a lot of sympathy.

I tend to find if you're nice to people, they're nice back, so I suggest you work on that.
    But I am nice to people! Some of them just stab me in the back though! Let me refer to this post of mine as an example: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3&postcount=16

ReputationRep:
    But I am nice to people! Some of them just stab me in the back though! Let me refer to this post of mine as an example: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3&postcount=16

There are two sides to every story. You seem kind of extreme.

ReputationRep:
    Girls who are *****es tend to be better looking, i guess thats the reason

ReputationRep:
    Nice girls just make good friends.

(Original post by Jenii)
    There are two sides to every story. You seem kind of extreme.
    Whatever. You weren't there, and you're not me, so you probably wouldn't get it then. But I can't help what other people do, and what I feel based on what I've observed in my life.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever. You weren't there, and you're not me, so you probably wouldn't get it then. But I can't help what other people do, and what I feel based on what I've observed in my life.
    Well that wasn't a very nice response

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenii)
    Get over it! She's entitled to her own opinion. Yes there are 2 sides to every story but stop bugging her over it!

She's only expressing how it was for her & u shouldn't judge her over it! She's only human u know lol!

(Original post by Jenii)
    Oh, sorry . I'm just in a bit of a mood. Especially on this topic.

(Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
    Get over it! She's entitled to her own opinion. Yes there are 2 sides to every story but stop bugging her over it!

She's only expressing how it was for her & u shouldn't judge her over it! She's only human u know lol!
    Oh, thanks

ReputationRep:
    Men like a challenge, simple as that!

ReputationRep:
    *****es are usually hot and sexy.

ReputationRep:
    *****es are better as they turn me on. its satisfying knowing shes a complete ***** and then when you have sex you **** her brains out and shes screaming the walls down. there is nothing more satisfying

ReputationRep:
    Because 'nice' girls generally are ugly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smiling...Rain)
    Well said ol' boy.
    Too many people associate the social, confident girls with being *****es.
    They are probably perfectly lovely given the chance.
    Thanks for the kudos :awesome:. Just trying to make the world a better place, one post at a time.

ReputationRep:
    Possible reasons:

• It is a competition, whoever gets with the *****y girl has won. It is more challenging to go after a *****y girl than a nice girl.
    • *****y girls are that way because they are good looking and use their beauty to get everything they want. Guys can be shallow and fickle so go after her like a puppy dog.
    • There are more *****y girls than nice girls? Nah, actually I don't think so.
    • *****y girls are more confident and flirty, they will let a guy know that she likes him.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.