Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else not interested in Harry Potter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I remember flipping open the first book when I was little. I couldn't understand one of the words in the first paragraph. This caused me to detest HP and thought it was only for grown ups, who could understand the text. Haha!

ReputationRep:
    I've grown up with it since I was 6. Me and my dad bonded with him reading me the first 4 books, and then the last 3 were all released at the end of various holidays and they kept me occupied during the long 2 day journey home, so they were more of a sanity thing for me than anything else. I do love them though. But hey, each to their own.

ReputationRep:
    While I somehow find Harry SO boring as a protagonist and just annoying at best, I LOVE Harry Potter as a whole, the books mainly. Oh and HP fanfiction.
    I read the first five books by the time I was 7, I distinctly remember giggling when Harry kissed Cho...I've read them all around 10 times, quite loser-ish, I know.

ANYWAYS a lot of people I know don't like it much, so I get where you're coming from OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    Are you voldemort or something?
    You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

you're awesome

ReputationRep:
    This question is obviously asked by a Death Eater, there's no other explanation.

ReputationRep:
    sure, it isn't exactly literature, but I started reading the books when the first book came out, and of course, once you start a series, you have to finish it, even if you're an adult when the last book comes out :P

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure Emma Watson is in it :sexface:

It's not my cup of tea. Never read any of the books, never seen any of the films. Well, I mean, I read the first chapter of one of the books and I've passively watched the Harry Potter film with the underwater bit and the maze once but, yeah, I'm not really into wizards.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tearingfuture)
      You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today!

you're awesome
      I Thank you

ReputationRep:
      It's a load of crap lord of the rings is so much better

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.