Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had anything yet either. We have a long day ahead of us, me thinks

ReputationRep:
    I've just rang and they said they are still having problems with the information being put across on GTTR.
    They have processed most people's decisions, but they are not showing on GTTR.
    She said that it could be sorted today but is more likely to be tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    nooooo not again! :O

ReputationRep:
    argggghhhhhhhhhh is all i can say!!

ReputationRep:
    it's just getting a bit ridiculous now. I keep psyching myself up for a decision on the days they keep saying, and its for nothing! arghhhhh

ReputationRep:
    When you do ring up they don't really tell you anything much.. just to keep waiting. I guess it's not Trent's fault that there is a problem with it being updated on GTTR but it's just so frustrating

ReputationRep:
    right i have to go to work, i really cant see us finding out today, maybe we'll get something in the post..anywho,good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    I just rang up GTTR and they said that there was nothing wrong with the website and that they are not having any difficulties putting up results for Nottingham Trent....This is because they have not received any results yet Nottingham Trent! This has really annoyed me!

So I then rang up Nottingham Trent who told me that results will be up, hopefully, by the end of the week!

It looks like we're all being told different things! I'm so sick of waiting!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was also told by Trent that all the results were up, but that there was an incompatibility with their system and the GTTR's so they are anticipating about a 2 day delay but that it should be 'some time this week,' by Friday at the latest. Oh and that we wouldn't get an offer letter (maybe once we've accepted? don't know) and that it will only be announced via track.

ReputationRep:
    Same here Vegchick, Trent saying there is a problem and GTTR guy saying no problem here!!
    I just find the whole thing farcical I'm sure it was easier in the "olden days" where you just applied straight to the uni and they then said yes or no. This would also give you the opportunity to have interviews for all your choices and may then put you in the position of having a choice of uni's.
    I was up at 2am this morning as my phone beeped to say I had an email and I thought it might be from track!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    When I was on my interview on thursday (10th) they said that we were the last group of 12 and that 220 had been interviewed. They said we would be informed by mid week. Logically thinking, they have 208 to remember, particularly those who were interviewed in November! Im sure it will take a few more days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emlou)
    Hey Guys,
    When I was on my interview on thursday (10th) they said that we were the last group of 12 and that 220 had been interviewed. They said we would be informed by mid week. Logically thinking, they have 208 to remember, particularly those who were interviewed in November! Im sure it will take a few more days.
    wow 220 down to 60!
    No news on track this morning never mind midweek Ive resigned my self to finding out in half term now!

ReputationRep:
    They said they have 62 places. Obviously you want them to consider things properly!
    They assured us we would now by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emlou)
    They said they have 62 places. Obviously you want them to consider things properly!
    They assured us we would now by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!
    I totally agree that we want them to consider things properly, but to be honest it's getting beyond a joke now. I just rang admissions (possibly not the best people to ask ) and they told me it'll be the end of next week that we'll hear. If that's true i'm unbelievably annoyed because i'd previously been told we'd know by the 14th. I don't object to them taking enough time to reach a decision, but in my case they've had nearly 4 months and every potential date i've been told has been wrong. I don't understand why they give people false hope if they don't actually know when the decisions will be made?!? I actually think that's worse than being honest and admitting they don't know!!!

Rant over! Going to have to watch some trashy TV to cheer myself up

ReputationRep:
    So we aren't going to know until next week now? I thought it was meant to be by the end of this week? For goodness sake, I was told that it would definately be by the end of last week! I just want to know now so that I can get on with my life either way!

ReputationRep:
    Well I had my interview last week. They told us that we would know by the end of this week. So that would make it the 18th? They only got their numbers on wednesday 9th. So they could then begin looking through everyones interviews etc. 220 people are a lot!
    I understand the anxiety to it all. Its very hard not knowing what will be. But they've had less than a week to consider the places and im pretty sure they will be teaching too. If there's anyone to blame its the TDA for not releasing the numbers sooner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emlou)
    Well I had my interview last week. They told us that we would know by the end of this week. So that would make it the 18th? They only got their numbers on wednesday 9th. So they could then begin looking through everyones interviews etc. 220 people are a lot!
    I understand the anxiety to it all. Its very hard not knowing what will be. But they've had less than a week to consider the places and im pretty sure they will be teaching too. If there's anyone to blame its the TDA for not releasing the numbers sooner!
    I seriously hope you're right about the 18th but in complete honesty i've been given so much false information by trent i'm not going to get my hopes up!

Did they actually tell you that the TDA only gave them the figures on the 9th? because the figures have been available on the internet since the 2nd and other unis started confirming previously conditional offers after this date, I can't see why trent would have to wait an extra week?

Completely agree that the TDA caused this whole situation! But other unis have handled it so much better than trent, it just seems like they're blaming the TDA when it is partially their fault?!?

I suppose the longer we have to wait wont actually change the outcome, it would just be nice if they could hurry it up!

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

Ring up and ask them over the phone, I rang Dee and she told me that I hadnt got through over the phone.

Not too sure what to do with my life at the moment!

But good luck to the rest of you

xx

ReputationRep:
    Well the longer we wait the more our second choices fill up! Oh well, we'll find out eventually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emlou)
    Well really they've had much more than a week as interviews started back in October/November time and usually you would know within a couple of weeks of interview and it would be an ongoing process.
    My main bug bear of the whole process is that they would have known from the start that there were some candidates that they would not offer places to. As I was told there was a pile of no's maybe's and yes' after each round. I think it would have been fairer for them to realease the no's and allow those people to pursue other places.
    So they wait continues but at least its half term next week so if I have a no I have a week to compose myself before going back to school where I must get asked at least 3 or 4 times a day if I've "heard anything yet?"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.