Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got 12. PAHAHA

The questions were dumb.

ReputationRep:
    Hah I didn't even complete it I was failing so hard
    "women have to stop working when they get married"- is there any country where that's still the case?

ReputationRep:
    Oooh 15/24. Not a citizen, never lived in the UK… but I'll have to learn more of that country's history if I want to come study there next year (for personal culture though, I live in the EU so no need for a right to remain in the UK).

(shame on me I didn't even knew who drawn the ECHR, I live near the Council of Europe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by green chica)
    23/24 and i'm american.

i got all but "No laws passed by the Parliament can be challenged by any British court" right. the idea that Parliament can pass laws and the courts can't challenge those laws is kinda scary to me. i assume the brits have another way of changing/challenging laws passed by Parliament?
    Yeah, the second chamber (House of Lords) basically checks legislation. Royal assent (Queen has to sign it) and the European Union will assrape us if we create laws that are against human rights n stuff. Or against any important EU shizz.

Courts do have some role in it. Cos they can declare a law incompatible if it conflicts with EU legislation, and ignore it. And although its not exactly allowed, the courts can be VERY selective of what legislation they follow if they dont agree with it. There's always ways to weasel out of a decision if they dont feel it's 'suitable' to the facts of a case.

ReputationRep:
    I did like the one about why women's protesting n stuff decreased during the war.

"Because they learned their place." Hehe.

ReputationRep:
    18/24. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I passed and I only used about 5 minutes. This is a good sign, thanks a lot for sharing!

ReputationRep:
    22/24. :nothing:

Thank God, for a minute I thought I might have to be Mexican or something..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
    Lol, I'm not over enthusiastic and said that they could challenge laws made by Parliament. I was raving when I got that wrong. Someone needs to teach these motherfuccers about Factortame
    Hahaha so true!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draikzer)
    Yeah, the second chamber (House of Lords) basically checks legislation. Royal assent (Queen has to sign it) and the European Union will assrape us if we create laws that are against human rights n stuff. Or against any important EU shizz.

Courts do have some role in it. Cos they can declare a law incompatible if it conflicts with EU legislation, and ignore it. And although its not exactly allowed, the courts can be VERY selective of what legislation they follow if they dont agree with it. There's always ways to weasel out of a decision if they dont feel it's 'suitable' to the facts of a case.
    okay, thanks for explaining that. thank god they have that system. i was about to get very concerned.

ReputationRep:
    What a waste of time. British this, British that!

ReputationRep:
    "# After Scotland which country is the largest in the United Kingdom?" I think my browser is having problems with it, it's trying to tell me that it's not England but Wales...

Edit:
    "After Scotland which country is the largest in the United Kingdom?
    Northern Ireland
    England
    Wales"

Why on earth does it think England is smaller than Wales?
    Edit edit: because it's after Scotland.
    That question is phrased mis-leadingly.

ReputationRep:
    When me and my Dad had to revise for this test about a month ago, he was getting annoyed because he was sure that every English person would fail if they had to do this test.

Glad you guys proved me right (by the way, 100% )

ReputationRep:
    tventy vun.

ReputationRep:
    20/24

I lol'd at this;
    "What does an MP do?
    Meets other MPs to talk about the good old days"

ReputationRep:
    17/24.... Whatever, I'm not British anyway.... I'm sure I could get higher though, if I tried harder.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlw31)
    To me the 'After' meant which is the biggest after Scotland, England is bigger than Scotland, meaning that you should consider it before Scotland and come to the conclusion that Wales is the correct answer.

Edit: Thanks for the map btw :rolleyes:
    That's exactly like saying "what's the highest number between 1 and 10, after 6?"
    Very very poorly worded question, not my interpretation.
    Given that the majority of people taking the test for real aren't native english speakers you'd think they'd make an effort to not make the questions ambiguous/crap.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Total Score: 13/24 (54 %)
    You have FAILED the Test
    You need to get at least 75% (18 Questions correct) to pass this test
    Oh, dear. Back to where I came from, then? North London it is.

ReputationRep:
    19/24 (79 %

its mostly common sense !!

ReputationRep:
    If you look at some of the other tests on there as well you can see there is some shockingly poor English on them. No way are those questions actually used on any official tests.

There was one about who you can send a thank you to on boxing day. The options were something like postman, binman, milkman, all of the above. I just thought, well you can send a thank you to whoever the hell you want on any day. Is that a boxing day tradition or something? I've never heard of it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.