• Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Yo, I'm a fourth year too.
    Done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    Lameeeee, I wanted to go on a self-bender tonight but Tesco has closed
    Ahh man :/ if beer hasn't been bought by 11 you might as well just go to sleep :p:

Does stewardhood require your early presence?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just joined the society so for when I'm on the list I'm a 5th Year at Imperial.

I'm currently waiting for someone to hand my dream elective to me on a plate, this tactic doesn't seem to be working though so I'm now worrying I've missed the boat - I'm supposed to go in July!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I havent done that yet. I have warned one of them they will probably be drawn on come limb anatomy.

A fourth year medic couldn't feel the apex beat of one of my flatmates. This was slightly concerning.
    There are plenty of people around with unpalpable apex beats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubble Toes)
    Hey, just joined the society so for when I'm on the list I'm a 5th Year at Imperial.

I'm currently waiting for someone to hand my dream elective to me on a plate, this tactic doesn't seem to be working though so I'm now worrying I've missed the boat - I'm supposed to go in July!
    http://www.butlins.com/

:teehee:

(seriously though hope you find something soon )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanCarroll)
    http://www.butlins.com/

:teehee:

(seriously though hope you find something soon )
    :eek: That has just provided me with all the motivation I need to put some effort into finding an elective place

... tomorrow, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    There are plenty of *people around with unpalpable apex beats!
    *obese

ReputationRep:
    It's been so long since i felt an apex beat, I certainly couldn't tell the difference between tapping and thumping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    It's been so long since i felt an apex beat, I certainly couldn't tell the difference between tapping and thumping.
    Hehe I can only tell on Harvey (the automated heart sound doll thing)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    *obese
    Or clinician has small calloused hands...

ReputationRep:
    This person isn't one of those people though...

Though he does miss a beat every so often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    I really hope you were ********d on mulled wine when you wrote that
    I really liked the human nutrition module I did at Southampton. We had some lectures from the lady who wrote the paper telling everyone to eat something like 5 walnuts a day because you'd get all the selenium you needed that way and selenium was really good. Then she had to retract it because eating that many walnuts makes you radioactive. It was hilarious trying to watch her cover that one up in lectures. On a more serious note, the bits we did about how to approach treating aneamia in malnourishment cases because it's usually managed wrong were very interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Have any other freshers had to pick SSC/SSM (student selected components etc) yet?
    If so, what have you gone for ?
    Our first formative one I went for the conflict and biological sciences option and constructed the title Chimera Viruses and their Applications in Modern Biological Warfare. I think I may have scared some people by how interesting I found them all - deadly but so, so clever. I have a bf in the army, hence the sticker in my sig and he was the inspiration for that one, listening to tales of him being gassed in training. The two I have been allocated for this year are Biofilms which I love because I am a paid up geek and I think they're really clever, and Eczema in Children, which lets me go on to the childrens ward and shadow consultants and talk to kids, I'm so excited - an actual ward! We haven't gotten to do anything like that yet. I was really happy as both of these were my choices, and the eczema one is a highly competitive one. Although I was sort of hoping I'd get the how to talk to kids one called "Help, They're Putting Ivy in my veins!" Ah, and to add to your list we call 'em SSU's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovehotchocolate)
    Our first formative one I went for the conflict and biological sciences option and constructed the title Chimera Viruses and their Applications in Modern Biological Warfare. I think I may have scared some people by how interesting I found them all - deadly but so, so clever. I have a bf in the army, hence the sticker in my sig and he was the inspiration for that one, listening to tales of him being gassed in training. The two I have been allocated for this year are Biofilms which I love because I am a paid up geek and I think they're really clever, and Eczema in Children, which lets me go on to the childrens ward and shadow consultants and talk to kids, I'm so excited - an actual ward! We haven't gotten to do anything like that yet. I was really happy as both of these were my choices, and the eczema one is a highly competitive one. Although I was sort of hoping I'd get the how to talk to kids one called "Help, They're Putting Ivy in my veins!" Ah, and to add to your list we call 'em SSU's.
    wow that does sound good!

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding hard to express just how much I want a pint of Guinness right now.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh man :/ if beer hasn't been bought by 11 you might as well just go to sleep :p:

Does stewardhood require your early presence?
    Ended up doing **** all until 3, took a zopiclone and crashed till 1.30 today. Very productive life I'm leading atm!

ReputationRep:
    hear me roar

ReputationRep:
    Starting to panic about intercalated applications! Has anyone applied as an external student before? I'm applying to Kings, Barts, and Imperial, I think...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    Starting to panic about intercalated applications! Has anyone applied as an external student before? I'm applying to Kings, Barts, and Imperial, I think...
    Was reading through some old threads the other day and came across this? Do you remember? Guess where he works now...

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    Was reading through some old threads the other day and came across this? Do you remember? Guess where he works now...

:rofl:
    Oh ****. :facepalm:

New plan: Applying to Kings, Barts, Imperial....

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.