Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you cry when Princess Diana died? Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you cry when Princess Diana died?
    Yes
    3.40%
    No
    34.04%
    I was too young to care or remember.
    59.57%
    who is Princess Diana?! :eyeball:
    2.98%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    It was all over the radio when she died.

And the windscreen.

And the steering wheel.

And the gear stick.

Ad Infinitum.
    :teehee:

I'm going to burn aren't I

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I remember it but I was only five so I didn't really care.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember it at all. I was three at the time, so I wasn't aware of anything going on.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't cry, but I remember thinking that this shouldn't have happened. If she had had proper royal security then she wouldn't have died.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember. Probably not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrug)
    Why is Eric licking someone in your sig lol?
    He's drunk :laugh:

I would find the video but I'm not sure its on youtube.

Drunk Askars :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    I hope to God that the 6 ******s that have voted 'yes' are either trolls, or were as pissed off at her disruption of TV as I was.

ReputationRep:
    The only death I ever cried over was that of Ronnie James Dio, and his music had been a part of my life for seven years, and I revered him as godlike as far as metal and rock music goes. I had been saying for years and years that I wanted to see him live, but I could never afford to, and when he died it just hit me really hard.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, as they cancelled all the children's television programmes

ReputationRep:
    Even though i was like 5...I remember this ***** in my class crying (not calling her a ***** for crying, but simply because she's a *****).

Diana was a lovely woman no doubt - but for some reason, we are made to feel that her life's worth more! I'm sure even she wouldn't have liked this, seeing how modest she was despite being a princess.
    I think its fair to say that those who cried when Diana died would throw a party if Camilla suddenly died.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Alrite son, we wanted a yes or no not your life story.
    who is "we" exactly? You're not the OP.

Besides, that was hardly a life story. The morning of 31st August 1997 is hardly my whole life. Believe me if you would like I could recount my life story but that would be a novel.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't cry, I was only 6 or 7 but I felt sad nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    I remember where I was but I didn't cry. For that matter, nobody around me cried, why would you? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I was too young to care I suppose I still am..

ReputationRep:
    I was too young and I didn't even know she died until 2006 or something. I guess none of us cared that much until later on when we started noticing she was the princess who died.

ReputationRep:
    I cried mostly because I was missing the simpsons >=O

ReputationRep:
    Didn't know or care who she was then, absolutely don't care now. Don't even recall feeling remotely sad when I saw the news.

I cared much more about the assassination of the President of Serbia in 2003. I actually cried. Don't ask why, because I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    i was only about 7, i dont think i really knew who she was.
    i remember my mum crying at the funeral, and not really being sure what to do.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I woke up and was annoyed that they had cancelled the kids TV shows in the morning. I told my mum the same as soon as she woke up to which she said something along the lines of "Princess Diana won't have died, have you understood it wrong?"

ReputationRep:
    I was too young to feel any real emotion over it I think.

I do remember that I was the first in my house to know because I'd gone downstairs to watch some cartoons and it was on every single channel. I went to tell my parents but they didn't believe me!

Strangely, what I remember most vividly is Elton John's eyebrow going absolutely insane whilst he was singing at the funeral.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.