The Student Room Group

Did you cry when Princess Diana died?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I don't remember it at all. I was three at the time, so I wasn't aware of anything going on.
I didn't cry, but I remember thinking that this shouldn't have happened. If she had had proper royal security then she wouldn't have died.
I don't remember. Probably not.
Original post by Thrug
Why is Eric licking someone in your sig lol? :s-smilie:

He's drunk :laugh:

I would find the video but I'm not sure its on youtube.

Drunk Askars :sogood:
I hope to God that the 6 faggots that have voted 'yes' are either trolls, or were as pissed off at her disruption of TV as I was.
The only death I ever cried over was that of Ronnie James Dio, and his music had been a part of my life for seven years, and I revered him as godlike as far as metal and rock music goes. I had been saying for years and years that I wanted to see him live, but I could never afford to, and when he died it just hit me really hard.
Yes, as they cancelled all the children's television programmes :frown:
Reply 107
Even though i was like 5...I remember this bitch in my class crying (not calling her a bitch for crying, but simply because she's a bitch).

Diana was a lovely woman no doubt - but for some reason, we are made to feel that her life's worth more! I'm sure even she wouldn't have liked this, seeing how modest she was despite being a princess.
I think its fair to say that those who cried when Diana died would throw a party if Camilla suddenly died.
Original post by lovely_me
Alrite son, we wanted a yes or no not your life story.

who is "we" exactly? You're not the OP.

Besides, that was hardly a life story. The morning of 31st August 1997 is hardly my whole life. Believe me if you would like I could recount my life story but that would be a novel.
Reply 109
Didn't cry, I was only 6 or 7 but I felt sad nonetheless.
Reply 110
I remember where I was but I didn't cry. For that matter, nobody around me cried, why would you? :erm:
I was too young to care I suppose :smile: I still am..
Reply 112
I was too young and I didn't even know she died until 2006 or something. I guess none of us cared that much until later on when we started noticing she was the princess who died.
Reply 113
I cried mostly because I was missing the simpsons >=O
Didn't know or care who she was then, absolutely don't care now. Don't even recall feeling remotely sad when I saw the news.

I cared much more about the assassination of the President of Serbia in 2003. I actually cried. Don't ask why, because I don't know.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 115
i was only about 7, i dont think i really knew who she was.
i remember my mum crying at the funeral, and not really being sure what to do. :s-smilie:
Reply 116
I woke up and was annoyed that they had cancelled the kids TV shows in the morning. I told my mum the same as soon as she woke up to which she said something along the lines of "Princess Diana won't have died, have you understood it wrong?"
Reply 117
I was too young to feel any real emotion over it I think.

I do remember that I was the first in my house to know because I'd gone downstairs to watch some cartoons and it was on every single channel. I went to tell my parents but they didn't believe me!

Strangely, what I remember most vividly is Elton John's eyebrow going absolutely insane whilst he was singing at the funeral.
I dont know, I was shocked and a bit sad but even at the time when I was about 14, I thought that she shouldnt of got anywhere as much media attention and why ruin peoples days or weeks when why should we care.

Added to the fact that I found the public to be hypocrites, the papers only days before were criticising her about her life etc, then as soon as she died were acting as if she was a saint!

Far more important and hard working, more charitable and have done so much more for people have died and never got any media attention so why should she jsut because of her family.
I was exactly 7 years old and I guess I didn't understand it all that much.

I think I was just annoyed that all that was on was the news talking about it meaning I couldn't watch my favourite morning kids shows on my birthday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending