Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The "What Film Is This?" Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bodiniho)
    Hmmm it isn't a saw film as in the film i am talking about the room they are in is spotlessly clean as opposed to Saw 1/2. And it's not any of the cube films either.... Hmmm... This is a bit more detailed synopsis:

3 possibly 4 seemingly random people are in a room, (possibly they all just wake up in the room with no recollection of getting there,) I think from my memory they might be there to do some kind of questionnaire / survey. The room there are in is a spotlessly clean room with only a table in, it possibly has a door and a viewing window where they are being watched. A gun is then given to them through the door, that gun is used to shoot one of the characters eventually. They soon find as far as i can remember hidden messages warning them etc, then they try and escape but to no avail. Eventually the remaining characters are gassed to death, and random people in fully protective suits come in to collect the dead bodies.

Any ideas anyone?
    Yeah it does sound like Saw 2 but it is THE KILLING ROOM. In that film these ppl go to this spotless room (which only has a table in it) having answered an ad in a newspaper asking ppl to do this psychological survey. They find scratchings on the wall saying help. Plus there is a gun & one of the ppl there shoots another. Plus the last 2 remaining guys get gassed & the "baddies" come & take them out of the room wearing these protective oxygen mask things.

It has to be THE KILLING ROOM!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, first one, seen a trailer thing for it on Film4 but in true Film4 fashion they didn't name the film!? Looks like it's been made fairly recently, basically there are three people trapped in what looks like a bottomless crack in the ground that just opened up beneath their feet, and one of the people says something along the lines of "Don't worry, we're going to be OK", but at that moment the guy on the right loses his grip and slips away into the darkness....

Second one, set in World War two, and a team of commandos are set to blow up what I think is a German Dam. I've tried googling it and I just get Dambusters - which it isn't. They have the explosives planted, but one of the team has to stay behind to set them off, the implication being that he will die as the dam collapses around him, but in the end, the explosives don't bring the dam down, they just structurally weaken it, giving the commandos time to escape. In colour, made in the 60s or 70s....

Any ideas what they are?

ReputationRep:
    Is the first one 127 hours?

About 45 seconds in seems like what you described (film; 127 hours) : http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi768149785/

ReputationRep:
    I remember watching a film on Sky years ago when i was younger and it was a horror/thriller type.

At the beginning of the film a women is pushed from the top of a mall and falls through the glass roof into the mall.

Later in the film i remember seeing a man being hanged in his apartment.

It's annoyed me for years not knowing this films title.

ReputationRep:
    When I was like ten i saw a film about some family who took in a jungle boy and he had sex with their daughter or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambo211)
    Description: A mountain climber becomes trapped under a boulder while canyoneering alone near Moab, Utah and resorts to desperate measures in order to survive.

Ok, first one, seen a trailer thing for it on Film4 but in true Film4 fashion they didn't name the film!? Looks like it's been made fairly recently, basically there are three people trapped in what looks like a bottomless crack in the ground that just opened up beneath their feet, and one of the people says something along the lines of "Don't worry, we're going to be OK", but at that moment the guy on the right loses his grip and slips away into the darkness....

Does not compute.
    Watch the trailer, for part of the climbing he is with 2 companions. The trailer is clearly what was decribed.

He starts climbing alone later in the film when he becomes trapped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zyzzyzus)
    Second one, set in World War two, and a team of commandos are set to blow up what I think is a German Dam. I've tried googling it and I just get Dambusters - which it isn't. They have the explosives planted, but one of the team has to stay behind to set them off, the implication being that he will die as the dam collapses around him, but in the end, the explosives don't bring the dam down, they just structurally weaken it, giving the commandos time to escape. In colour, made in the 60s or 70s....
    I do believe that is "Force 10 From Navarone".
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077572/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lhp)
    Watch the trailer, for part of the climbing he is with 2 companions. The trailer is clearly what was decribed.

He starts climbing alone later in the film when he becomes trapped
    Indeed, the trailer shows it just as I remember. Thanks!

(Original post by Age_of_Innocence)
    I do believe that is "Force 10 From Navarone".
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077572/
    Thanks!

Rep...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm trying to remember the name of a film i saw a while ago... I think it looked quite old - maybe from the 80's.
    Anyway, i think its starts with a naked girl high on drugs standing on a balcony of a high storey apartment, and then she jumps off and dies. Then i think a private investigator is hired to find out what happens? maybe, im not sure about the last bit. I also think she was the daughter of someone rich/powerful/famous, and they want to know what happened to her.
    I know its kinda vague but this is really annoying me now, i cant remember what the hell its called.
    Thanks

EDIT: Remembered - Lethal Weapon, how could i forget.

ReputationRep:
    Ok there was this film that I saw on TV years ago & I want to watch it again but for the love of me I can't remember its name, I don't think I ever knew it's name, so if anyone can help me then thankyou thankyou thankyou lol! .

Basically, near the start of the film (it's set in the US) you see two young boys playing football (I think it's football anyway) & the ball gets kicked into this cave/sewage type place. One of the boys goes to fetch the ball but ends up getting trapped inside.

A while later you see that were the boy is trapped are hundreds & hundreds of snakes everywhere around him & throughout the film you see him trying to escape the snakes & try & get to high ground where he can get away.

In the end the boy is rescued & manages to escape I think out of a man hole.

What's the name of this film??????? .

ReputationRep:
    I've just thought of another film, I always end up catching this particular film when it's just finishing so what I can gather of it is -

These group of people who are possibly rock climbing end up getting trapped in this almost catacomb/cave type place. One by one they end up getting caught by these wierd creature things that kill & eat them.

Right at the end you see this one person escape & when she stops her car a while later you see that there is one of these creatures in the car with her. The next scene actually shows her back in the caves & you know that she just made up being able to escape & she just sits on the floor & crys & you know that she has given up trying to escape.

If anyone knows this film then thanks in advance! .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
    I've just thought of another film, I always end up catching this particular film when it's just finishing so what I can gather of it is -

These group of people who are possibly rock climbing end up getting trapped in this almost catacomb/cave type place. One by one they end up getting caught by these wierd creature things that kill & eat them.

Right at the end you see this one person escape & when she stops her car a while later you see that there is one of these creatures in the car with her. The next scene actually shows her back in the caves & you know that she just made up being able to escape & she just sits on the floor & crys & you know that she has given up trying to escape.

If anyone knows this film then thanks in advance! .
    The Descent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtGoblin)
    The Descent?
    Yes it is The Descent, thanks! .

ReputationRep:
    What is this film??? (I have two!)

1.) A science fiction film that I watched when I was real young once. I distinctly remember there was a woman with three boobs in this bar(?) I think and this guy was like "If only I had three arms..." and then the two portaganists found out this guy was a traitor and he DID have a third arm (I think it was all skeletony and weird)

2.) A film that combined animation and real life people (NOT Who Framed Roger Rabbit) and featured a superhero in the end, hands on hips looking in the distance of a sunset laughing and this girl crying. A guy falls down a ladder and there are some cartoon spaceships in there I think as well.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    That film / clip they made of the scale model of New York City?

They had a replica model, and a song to it all? I can't remember the name, but I'm looking to show the vid to someone.

+rep for first one to find it, cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I know the one you mean. I think it starred Robin Williams? Maybe Toys but that's a total guess.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not, but Synecdoche, New York?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    That film / clip they made of the scale model of New York City?

They had a replica model, and a song to it all? I can't remember the name, but I'm looking to show the vid to someone.

+rep for first one to find it, cheers!
    Are you thinking of The Sandpit?

It's not a model, it's real New York shot in tilt shift, but it looks miniature...

If you didn't mean that it's still worth a watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Are you thinking of The Sandpit?

It's not a model, it's real New York shot in tilt shift, but it looks miniature...

If you didn't mean that it's still worth a watch
    That's the one! Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LabyrinthWonder)
    What is this film??? (I have two!)

1.) A science fiction film that I watched when I was real young once. I distinctly remember there was a woman with three boobs in this bar(?) I think and this guy was like "If only I had three arms..." and then the two portaganists found out this guy was a traitor and he DID have a third arm (I think it was all skeletony and weird)

2.) A film that combined animation and real life people (NOT Who Framed Roger Rabbit) and featured a superhero in the end, hands on hips looking in the distance of a sunset laughing and this girl crying. A guy falls down a ladder and there are some cartoon spaceships in there I think as well.

Thanks in advance.

1) Total Recall?

2) No idea, but try: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Films_w..._and_animation

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.