Give her a taste of her own medicine.

Only this time, it won't be one vs four, it will be four vs one
Holly Hiskey
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Arenas123)
Now please explain to me how any of that behaviour is indicative of her being rich ? If anything I think it's fair to say people who have less money have more need to steal ...

I am not saying the girl in the OP is an angel, not even saying she's a good person. I just don't like how the word 'rich' was used in the title as part of the insult. I'm rich and I'm far from spoilt. Yet I knew a girl at my private school who was from a family with less money than mine but she got everything she wanted. I asked my dad for some money for some guitar strings the other day and the first thing he said back was "what have you done to deserve it?". Rich doesn't mean someone is a ***** like this girl. Rich also doesn't mean spoilt, The parents with the money determine what their children become. I've had my ass handed to me for doing some stuff 99% of kids my age would get away with.

When I go to university I'm fairly sure I'll be one of the 'richer' ones there. I just hope it's never used to describe me in a negative way. As if to say my wealth has anything to do with what kind of person I am.
I really don't understand this- no offence. "Rich" used to be used to insult me quite a lot at school and I was never offended by it for the simple reason that the work and luck that my parents have had over their lifetime means that my life has been easier than any of the people who used to call me a little rich girl, and how could I be anything but grateful for that? It's not an insult to me so I wouldn't take it as one, even if that's what's intended.
Also, how did this thread turn into a minor class war? Lol
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by babygirl110)
Yeah, typical spoilt girl. .
sounds a bit beyond spoilt really
babygirl110
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jamie)
sounds a bit beyond spoilt really
Lol, yeah she does sound rather crazy. In my experience, spoilt girls do those sorts of things. They are very selfish, it's not even about being rich, she's just so spoilt.

Maybe personality disorder is also in the mix.
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Arenas123)
Now please explain to me how any of that behaviour is indicative of her being rich ? If anything I think it's fair to say people who have less money have more need to steal ...
NONE OF IT IS!

Don't you see that these are CRIMINAL ACTS that transcend class or income? Rich imo is used as an ADJECTIVE, not a SLUR.
Mann18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nothing wrong with being rich as long as you're not an utter **** about it.
ScarletMoon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Throw her out of a window.
babygirl110
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How the hell does her boyfriend manage to stand her? She sounds so nuts.
headphones
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by babygirl110)
How the hell does her boyfriend manage to stand her? She sounds so nuts.
I honestly think OP has gone ott in her post. If she really had done all that stuff she would have been kicked out by now. Ive lived at 3 different uni halls. 1 for the uni I go to now, and 2 for live in summer jobs and people have been kicked out for much less. There is no way somebody would get away with everything that has been claimed.
babygirl110
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by headphones)
I honestly think OP has gone ott in her post. If she really had done all that stuff she would have been kicked out by now. Ive lived at 3 different uni halls. 1 for the uni I go to now, and 2 for live in summer jobs and people have been kicked out for much less. There is no way somebody would get away with everything that has been claimed.
I understand what you mean but I don't think it's too far fetched though. It's just that I also met some really spoilt psycho when I was at uni. She also used to drink and drive.

With regards to her stealing stuff from her room, I don't think it's a matter for the university to deal with, it becomes a matter for the police. Even the issue with damaging her car becomes an issue for the insurance company and not the university. At my uni this other spoilt guy in different halls from me used to leave dishes in the sink and also would steal other people's food. He was also very rich, not that it has anything to do with it though.

How they deal with it probably depends on the university and halls management policies.
millie
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
Or she could just give her a slap. The girl sounds like she needs a good slap tbh.

There is absolutely no conceivable reason that any of those actions are excusable. They're completely hysterical and to be honest, they can be considered criminal acts (theft, property damage, trespassing). If you act like this too, you should really think about what you're doing. Then, get someone to give you a good slap.
I, thank heavens, do not act like that. Fortunately that kind of spoilt rich girl behaviour is rare and ridiculous I wouldn't even call it spoilt, it's just plain psychotic. I'm pretty sure the girl is acting out for attention and thinks if she makes enough fuss they will give in.
Mm_Minty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sew prawns into her curtains

This won't solve your problem but it'll at least piss her off and perhaps give her something to do instead of being a ***** to you all.
there's too much love
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LadyRowena)
How? If no one explains to this girl that her behaviour is unacceptable then she will continue to act that way. If she hadn't been so difficult to live with then people would be more willing to live with her; her problems are entirely her own fault.
People act and react etc. It's not a question of who did what first, but what reaction you expect your actions to be a partial cause of.
If she said something as equally aggressive as the kids on smarties comment then it's a really horrible way to go about it. There are very diplomatic ways you can take. You can be upfront about things. But just plain abstract insulting seems both pointless and unnecessarily mean.

There's a massive difference between saying:
"we don't want to live with you because you never help around the house, you eat our food, you throw out our food if you don't like it. You seem to not think about our wants and needs and put yourself first with us. I'm sorry but we just don't click well together" and "you're intolerable, we'd rather live with hyperactive annoying kids than you".
Smurf2.0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wow. Man up!

In all fairness £200 a week isn't too much.
Rents give me £100 per week - after housing leaves me about £30 for food, and everything else.
Thank goodness I've worked last summer!
*Lollo*
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Muffinz)
This isn't about class though. The girl has committed frankly criminal acts. If you're saying it's all about class warfare on TSR then you've missed the point entirely...
I'm not saying it's all about class either. You've completely missed my point.
I said I agreed to how it was such a big point to people that she is rich, whereas if she was poor, nobody would bully her for that. You responded to me as if I was defending her, and I was not. It was just a case of pointing something out. I have never denied she needs talking to or that she committed serious criminal acts. It's not about class warfare, but it may seem a bit like that, when you can't even make a small comment without people going 'agreeing with the rich girl, huh?'. If you get what I mean.
Nucleolus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Burn her jack wills/hollister hoodie.
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
***** slap the cow, and tell her to like grow the **** up
hannahbananna
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Omg really?? I thought I had it bad, with some of the spoilt rich brats I had to live with. You seriously have to report that kind of behavior, don't let her walk all over you!!

But you are also lucky because you are not on your own (your pain is shared between your housemates too!). In my experience spoilt rich kids are really insecure. Just because they have money does not guarantee that they have friends or a good brain. The food stealing and damaging your car- its a cry for attention right? and the loud sex (I have the same problem in my boyfriends house), she just wants to prove to you all that someone wants her. Its sad when you have to use sex to make a statement as desperate as that, but for some people its the only option available.

You know what? Your not living with her next year, being this 'sexy bad girl' is probably the only thrill she gets in life. If she is doing it for attention, just ignore her, it will kill her. For the sex maybe a back hand comment to her boyfriend like 'funny isn't it, most girls are completely breathless when they orgasm, its so good we can hardly even make a noise, not your girlfriend through right'.

Good luck!!
xx
steve collins
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Rape is always an option...?
dmz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hannahbananna)
Omg really?? I thought I had it bad, with some of the spoilt rich brats I had to live with. You seriously have to report that kind of behavior, don't let her walk all over you!!

But you are also lucky because you are not on your own (your pain is shared between your housemates too!). In my experience spoilt rich kids are really insecure. Just because they have money does not guarantee that they have friends or a good brain. The food stealing and damaging your car- its a cry for attention right? and the loud sex (I have the same problem in my boyfriends house), she just wants to prove to you all that someone wants her. Its sad when you have to use sex to make a statement as desperate as that, but for some people its the only option available.

You know what? Your not living with her next year, being this 'sexy bad girl' is probably the only thrill she gets in life. If she is doing it for attention, just ignore her, it will kill her. For the sex maybe a back hand comment to her boyfriend like 'funny isn't it, most girls are completely breathless when they orgasm, its so good we can hardly even make a noise, not your girlfriend through right'.

Good luck!!
xx
lol, that's awesome!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (285)
37.75%
No - but I will (53)
7.02%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
47.95%

Watched Threads