Food at Cambridge. Watch

Tamarin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Vinchenko)
This sounds like SO much fun, I can't wait for it next autumn! Do you know if Fitzwilliam has a Cambridge Christmas??
Fitz has 'Fitzmas' at the end of every Michaelmas term and it's always really good fun. You have to be quick to get tickets though!

As for the food, Fitz buttery is probably not the best, but definitely not the worst. Sure, there are a few things that you learn to avoid, but that's the same anywhere. There's usually a pretty good variety on offer, and the buttery staff are working hard to try to consult with us and find out what's popular and what's not.
Vinchenko
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Tamarin)
Fitz has 'Fitzmas' at the end of every Michaelmas term and it's always really good fun. You have to be quick to get tickets though!

As for the food, Fitz buttery is probably not the best, but definitely not the worst. Sure, there are a few things that you learn to avoid, but that's the same anywhere. There's usually a pretty good variety on offer, and the buttery staff are working hard to try to consult with us and find out what's popular and what's not.
Sounds fun! & thanks, I am very relieved to hear that, it was listed as the main bad point about the college in the CUSU alternative prospectus....then again, I ate at Caius on an open day and god that was REALLY bad!

I've only been to Fitz on my pool interview day, but I'm going up for an offer-holders open day in June sometime. What would you say are the good things/bad things about Fitz? (Hope you don't mind me picking your brains a little on this, I've just not had a chance to really talk to any Fitz students yet!)
Tamarin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Vinchenko)
Sounds fun! & thanks, I am very relieved to hear that, it was listed as the main bad point about the college in the CUSU alternative prospectus....then again, I ate at Caius on an open day and god that was REALLY bad!

I've only been to Fitz on my pool interview day, but I'm going up for an offer-holders open day in June sometime. What would you say are the good things/bad things about Fitz? (Hope you don't mind me picking your brains a little on this, I've just not had a chance to really talk to any Fitz students yet!)
I'll PM you
Voix_Celesre
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Any comments on Corpus food?
hazza12345
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
um, has the food at caius got any better in the last 5 years?
Rhetorical Hips
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by hazza12345)
um, has the food at caius got any better in the last 5 years?
It's fine. Obviously not every meal is the same - some are surprisingly good, and on rare occasions you wonder what was going through their minds when they decided on the dish. But on the whole perfectly edible, and probably healthier and cheaper than the alternative (Caius first-years only have microwaves to make food with) - I would go more often but I always have supervisions

It costs about £4 to be served a three course meal, so while the food is definitely not the best in Cambridge, it's value for money debatably is. The problem a lot of people (including myself) have is that they serve the exact same meal in first (normal) hall as they do formals. Would much rather pay up for a formal hall where they served better food. As it is, formal hall is basically first hall but you wear a gown, say grace, wait for the fellow a to walk in, then eat in candle-light (sounds romantic, asides from the fact that they'll cram you in like sardines on those damn benches ).
krishdesai7
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What's the food at Emma like? When I was there to interview, I quite liked it, though perhaps it was a shade too rich. It that what the food's usually like too?
Platopus
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
Pembroke is meant to have good food
Wist
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tit Hall's food is pretty solid. Our formals are generally very good. The JCR are currently wrestling to improve the menu, but the quality of food is among the best of the colleges I've sampled. Plus Sunday brunch is faaaaaab
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (558)
37.78%
No - but I will (115)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (103)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (701)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise