Big club supporters Watch

Jim-ie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends where you live ladies. Someone from England who has a local team should be supporting them. My local team is Donegal Celtic. It has 30 people a match and an away support of 5.
LiamTheKook
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's so tiresome to see people complaining about who OTHER people support. How on earth does it effect you personally? Support whichever team takes your fancy. If people used the ridiculous argument "support the team closet to you" then half the country would be supporting their non-league outfit. Not that supporting a non league club is a bad thing. But half the people who use the argument could certainly be supporting a much more local side.

It's like saying I shouldn't support Foo Fighter's by going to their shows and buying their albums because they're from America and I live in England. Some people may want to watch football played at a high level and that's fair enough. Absolutely nothing wrong with that whereas others may see it as a social thing - going down to watch "your local side" with a few friends and having a few drinks. Either way, it is a personal decision. One that effects you and nobody else.

Before I am labelled as some kind of glory hunter, I've support Peterborough United for 11 years and believe me I've seen some utter of the worst football imaginable being played at London Road. But I wouldn't swap it for anything.
rajandkwameali
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Glory hunters are a fact of life, people should get over it.
The Patriot
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I support Liverpool because I grew up watching them. Simple as. Plus when I was a kid I LOVED the colour red. Manchester united had white shorts so they were off-limits.

Besides, they haven't won much really. OK champions league and FA cup, but they were never a top-top side. It's been 90% disappointment.

EDIT: Besides no clubs are really 'local' to me. Birmingham, West Brom or Wolves are within 40 miles but that isn't close really.
nathan=]
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jim-ie)
My local team is Donegal Celtic. It has 30 people a match and an away support of 5.
30 a match!? Has it really got that little? Years ago D.C. got at least 50!
SameeScouser
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Football is global now. Any sort of supericlious sentiments, for example "you should support the footy team that's based in your area", should now be extinct. I'm a Pakistani, and quite honestly I don't even have the faintest idea as to whether my city has a footy team or not. I've supported *guess the obvious team I support, through analysing my username* since I was 7, and haven't looked back since. I've supported Liverpool during their ups and downs (more recently, downs), and my loyalty hasn't wavered in the slightest. However, I must admit gloryhunters are quite rife here with a lot of arsenal--->chelsea conversions taking place in 2006 (currently chelsea-manu conversions are abundant) and fans ditching their teams at the slightest hinderance. I find such comparisons with footballers quite palusibe these days, *cough* Torres *cough*.
Celtic_Anthony
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jim-ie)
Depends where you live ladies. Someone from England who has a local team should be supporting them. My local team is Donegal Celtic. It has 30 people a match and an away support of 5.
Your local team should really be Belfast Celtic though. You can't be blamed for following another team when your local one is forced to fold.
Jim-ie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
Your local team should really be Belfast Celtic though. You can't be blamed for following another team when your local one is forced to fold.
Well, actually my local team is probably Linfield!

I live a 10 minute walk from Windsor Park, but its in South Belfast and I'm still born and bred in the West. Come to think of it, Belfast Celtic Park, now the Park Centre, is around the corner. Back in the day before motorways and peace lines, Windsor and Celtic Park were a stones throw away from each other, 5 minute walk at most I reckon.

(Original post by nathan=])
30 a match!? Has it really got that little? Years ago D.C. got at least 50!
Aye about 30. Well, maybe 40 now they are back in the Premier League. 60 if its Linfield.

They took an away following to Windsor Park once that rivals some EPL away crowds today back in the very early 90s though. Before Sky TV hit everyones houses and the only way to catch up on the English footie was MOTD or a boat across.
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NOBODY MOVE!)
hey hey HEY

fulham is a big club, okay U_U
:eek: Are you a fulham fan?!

I thought I was the only one on here!
Busby_Babe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SameeScouser)
Football is global now. Any sort of supericlious sentiments, for example "you should support the footy team that's based in your area", should now be extinct. I'm a Pakistani, and quite honestly I don't even have the faintest idea as to whether my city has a footy team or not. I've supported *guess the obvious team I support, through analysing my username* since I was 7, and haven't looked back since. I've supported Liverpool during their ups and downs (more recently, downs), and my loyalty hasn't wavered in the slightest. However, I must admit gloryhunters are quite rife here with a lot of arsenal--->chelsea conversions taking place in 2006 (currently chelsea-manu conversions are abundant) and fans ditching their teams at the slightest hinderance. I find such comparisons with footballers quite palusibe these days, *cough* Torres *cough*.
That's totally different than someone in London supporting a Manchester club or vice versa and a lot of people still care about the fact that their team is representing their city especially with regards to rivalries like Manchester United/Liverpool. Someone from outside of those two cities will never feel the same way about that game as Scousers and Mancs do. That's the most extreme example but it's the same sentiment when we do over the London teams etc.
T.I.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Femto)
I think everyone enjoys supporting their team. Then again, I do agree with you. There is an overwhelming amount of Manchester United supporters in my sixth form which isn't even situated in Manchester.

My view? I find it much more interesting and gripping watching West-Brom than anything else. Every week it's a tense battle out of the relegation zone. This, I find, as I've said much more enjoyable than watching a team fr which I have no interest for.

On a side note , if Stoke is your local team, unlucky. I think I'd die watching that crap every week
Oh so you watch Stoke a lot do you?

Thought not.

Watch the games then talk, whats the point of just pointlessly passing it around at the back, thats boring!
T.I.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rorydaredking)
source?
Fans, not supporters.
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I support Man Utd cos I'm from Stretford

u jelly? Yeah u AAAALLLLLLLL jelly!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (186)
18.98%
No (590)
60.2%
Not really bothered about them (204)
20.82%

Watched Threads