Nee-Naw-Nee-Naw! Food Crimes we Cannot Abide! Watch

py0alb
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SmokeRose92)
I eat peanut butter with all number of strange things; cheese, cucumber, pancakes, jam, marmite, chicken

Oooh that looks intriguing, where can you get it from? I'm hoping not exclusively from the U.S. I've never seen it about here
I found it in the Caribbean food section of Asda. Its unbelievably good, like liquid peanut butter. It is 200 calories though...
Stegosaurus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For me, it's the BLAT.

You sit down to a tasty-looking sandwich; malted bread, crispy bacon, plump tomatoes and crunchy lettuce... Woah, back up! There's avocado in there. Why is the avocado in there? Get out of my sandwich!

I like the 'cado elsewhere, but not anywhere near my bacon.
py0alb
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stegosaurus)
For me, it's the BLAT.

You sit down to a tasty-looking sandwich; malted bread, crispy bacon, plump tomatoes and crunchy lettuce... Woah, back up! There's avocado in there. Why is the avocado in there? Get out of my sandwich!

I like the 'cado elsewhere, but not anywhere near my bacon.
What? Avocado and Bacon is an incredibly good combination. That's my lunch during the week: a hot bacon, avocado and black pepper baguette. mmmmm
Pheylan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Philbert)
I hate cheese and pickle sandwiches. Separately, I love them, but the thought of putting them together makes me feel sick.
Mental
dnumberwang
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cybele)
What do you mean by that? S+S chicken and fried rice isn't exactly healthy.
I mean that if you're going to Chinese restaurant you should be getting some real chinese food.
Cybele
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dnumberwang)
I mean that if you're going to Chinese restaurant you should be getting some real chinese food.
But hardly any of what they sell in Chinese take-away's is authentically Chinese. :ahee: Why pick on S+S chicken? It's so yummy. :sogood:
Etoile
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SmokeRose92)
YES! Peanut butter on crumpets IS fantastic finally someone else agrees with me, whenever I come back from the kitchen with two piping hot crumpets with that gorgeous spread everyone looks at the plate like i'm carrying the bubonic plague..
Virtual high five! They just don't have sophisticated enough taste buds

(Original post by py0alb)
peanut butter is a funny substance. It's one of those things that I like in principle but can never find a satifactory way of eating.

By the way, if you like peanut butter, you will LOVE this:
Is that a peanut butter drink?!?!? :eek: I must try this!! Half the fun in peanut butter is spending ages trying to spread it then just shoving it in I'm talking about the crunchy one of course, smooth is easier to eat but is definitely not as good
dnumberwang
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cybele)
But hardly any of what they sell in Chinese take-away's is authentically Chinese. :ahee: Why pick on S+S chicken? It's so yummy. :sogood:
it's acceptable if you're going to a takeaway, but not if you're going to a restaurant sweet and sour is just you know stereotypical and common
fried rice is authentic chinese food but it's just a really common thing that a standard family would make in their house, not something you go to a restaurant for
TotoMimo
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I stayed with some Cantonese students at one point and you really do appreciate proper Chinese cooking compared to British-Chinese-luminous-syrup-chicken.

The amazing thing, I found, was the sheer variety of the dishes despite a lot being so simplistic. My cousin came to visit us and they made this absolute banquet for everyone - an array of the likes of seared, shredded beef with green beans, spiced chicken thighs, some kind of pickled cabbage dish, tofu with beans and waterchestnuts in a chilli-based sauce, rice with onions, and more.

Everything was utterly delicious and I was amused that they actually eat out of each others bowls and seemed to be quite a bunch more social about an eating gathering. So much more open and inviting. If a certain item on the table was finished, but a fellow diner had what they wanted, the end of the meal seemed to turn into infinite swapsies, but I found that quite endearing!

Regardless, it was worlds apart from the sweet, cloying, fatty, syrupy dessert-a-like "Chinese" dishes we accept as "authentic" over here. My only regret is that I'll never get to experience that exact meal ever again... *sniff*
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ruining a lovely delicious pile of food by adding chilli is the worst crime imaginable!

I've also never understood people who, when faced with a wide variety of different drool-worth icecream flavours, plump for boring old vanilla. Don't get me wrong, I love vanilla, but it seems such a waste to have that if faced by a million more exotic flavours.
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
(Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
Ruining a lovely delicious pile of food by adding chilli is the worst crime imaginable!

I've also never understood people who, when faced with a wide variety of different drool-worth icecream flavours, plump for boring old vanilla. Don't get me wrong, I love vanilla, but it seems such a waste to have that if faced by a million more exotic flavours.
I LOVE vanilla ice cream! In fact, it's usually the only flavour that you get to appreciate the "cream" element of ice cream. Have you ever tried fresh, plain ice cream? It's delicious.
fredscarecrow
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Putting the vegetable pepper in anything and everything. Everyhting you buy/order in a restaurant has the stuff on.
I can't stand them in case you couldn't guess. Ruins so many of my meals =[

One of my friends cuts off the ends of her sausages and throws them away...that makes me want to cry!

Agree with OP - pineapple on things. The only thing pinapple goes with is itself, or cheese. Always cold. NEVER EVER heated. That's just wrong.

When people put nuts in things irrationally. Like rhubarb crumble...with almonds. Or Banana cake....with walnuts. NO. Just banana cake. Or Rhubarb crumble. It's like a tic people have, putting nuts in everyhting, Bleurgh.
SoapyDish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by fredscarecrow)
Agree with OP - pineapple on things. The only thing pinapple goes with is itself, or cheese. Always cold. NEVER EVER heated. That's just wrong.

When people put nuts in things irrationally. Like rhubarb crumble...with almonds. Or Banana cake....with walnuts. NO. Just banana cake. Or Rhubarb crumble. It's like a tic people have, putting nuts in everyhting, Bleurgh.
Disagree with your final point on pineapple - grilled pineapple with caramelised brown sugar on top is amazing. Also pineapple upside-down cake But no, never on pizza.

Totally agree with the nuts! I like cashews and peanuts and pistachios on their own, but nothing else...and it's always hazelnuts and almonds and walnuts that are put in cakes and stuff :/ One exception I can make is for the M&S cafe coffee and walnut cake, which is amazing :coma:
TotoMimo
Rep:
?
I also find it a little sad (not devastating, just a little sad) when I see people eating nigiri rice-side down.

If you have an exquisitely prepared piece of fish atop your rice, it's owed not only to proper sushi etiquette but more importantly, to your awesome tingling tastebuds - to eat your nigiri fish-side down so your tongue savours the taste of the beautifully prepared fish from start to finish of sushi-consumage.

And then there's the abomination that is Americanised sushi filling... which really IS a crime against sushi - Cream cheese, fried chicken, hot dog... ugh.
Leahcar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When chppies/over enthusiastic mothers ruin your chips by drowning them in vinegar. Gutting!
The Cornerstone
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol that means I must be a bad criminal.

But here's mine:

Crisp/chips sandwich with ketchup. Eughhhhh
wtfCharlie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ella37)
aahh, i like pineapples on pizza! they're yummy! but only with ham and cheese. nothing else!
and i also do the ketchup on steak!

i find myself eating random combinations of food. i put mayonnaise on anything fried (especially on chips and chicken) and carrot sticks, add chilli sauce on my ketchup and sometimes have warm milk on cereals.

(i feel a lot of negs will be given to me. haha)

on topic, i don't think anyone should eat plain chips! either eat it with ketchup/mayonnaise/whatever sauce or salt, but never by itself! i can't stand people who do that.

and this is probably not the same thing, but i don't get how people can eat rice with a fork. it's a bit of a hassle isn't it? i personally grew up using a spoon with rice.
I can't have frosties with cold milk, hate it!
Drunk Punx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by I<3LAMP)
Tomato Ketchup with Mashed Potato or ANY Roast.

WHY ruin such culinary effort!
Oh hell no dude, if you mash tomato sauce into the mashed potato then it tastes lush. Nom.
daisydaffodil
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ultimate_Geek)
Never really understood the importance of having the knife and fork the 'right' way round.

I am guilty of this offence. I spak out otherwise and my elbows go all strange.
Ditto; I annoy people when I eat as I tend to accidentally elbow the people next to me
MelissaJayne
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Drunk Punx)
Oh hell no dude, if you mash tomato sauce into the mashed potato then it tastes lush. Nom.
Ha, I used to make a field out of my mash and mix in brown sauce so it was like mud.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads