What is the harshest thing someone has said to your face? Watch

malaikah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"You look like an ugly gorilla"
Ouch!
(It's funny that now, not many people would recognise me... )
curtis871
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
surely how badly you take a lot of things would depend on who said it. a stranger can say pretty much what they like to me and I'll be fine but if somebody who i cared about said the same thing then i wouldn't be.
whyumadtho
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That buses weren't supposed to be on the pavement. :emo: I was 7 or 8 and the person that said it was 16 - it hurt so much I started crying. :puppyeyes: Admittedly I was a chubby kid, haha.
Sorry, but I laughed at the notion of a 16 year old being cold-hearted enough to say that to a child. That, and the sheer bluntness of the insult... :rofl:
fiona_x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"You're nothing to me. I don't even hate you, I'm just completely indifferent to you but I'd prefer it if I never had to see, speak or acknowledge your existence ever again"

....yeah :|
Thracia
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
An interesting tidbit from work;

"People will think you're a woman if you look that effeminate. I think it's the hair, you also need whatever the opposite of botox is."

Patients can say the oddest things. I laughed it off though.
Jordenfruitbat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This wasn't said to me but someone I know when we were in school years ago. She had just gotten her first boyfriend and she was all happy about it and talked about it in the lesson and the teacher said "has he got a white stick and a dog" I couldn't believe the teacher said it... If i remember right it made her cry
oranges&lemons
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by daisydaffodil)
"I don't love mummy anymore so I'm leaving now" - my dad. I was 5, and had only just seen my parents after 3 days of not knowing where either of them were.

"Did you ask the GP about you being fat.. (I reply that I did ask - and GP had told me not to worry as I wasn't worryingly fat - I was size 16) ... Hahahaha *slapping hand on table*, is she blind? She can't be a good doctor" My grandparents, I was 17.

My sister's called me a ****ing ***** lots of times. But then she's disabled and can't help it...

I've been called a ***** a lot actually, once because I spoke without being asked or something - it's usually to my face, and usually by my friends. I usually try to listen though, they're most likely right.

I've also been asked if I'm pregnant, I was once told that someone had drawn all over me - due to strechmarks.

I was once called a fat *****.

I was also given a lot of lovely sexual remarks at school.

A lass once approached and me and told me someone had told her I was severly disabled - I'm not.

I was once cornerned by eight girls who shouted my name over and over again, until I was crying. What was worst was that the teachers, and my two friends, stood and let it happen.

Have been told I'm not welcome in people's houses, relative's houses, that my mum and I are too close and need to be separated.

I once sat and listened to my best friends talking about me and laughing at the fact that I thought they were my best friends. They then acted innocent when I ended up sobbing - on the school bus, aged 17. Not great *rolls eyes*.

I'm in the midst of trying to work out why all that happened, part of me is still very much convinced that I must have in some way deserved it.
That is awful, you've been through a lot. In some ways I know how you feel i've had people in my family and people i don't know put me down a lot too. My mother goes on about my weight a lot and she thinks i'm ugly. A lot of things that people have said or done to me make me blame myself but then i realised (and i know it sounds like a cliche) but They are the ones with the problem - they shouldn't be treating people the way they do.

If you ever need a person you don't know to talk to you can always send me a message
ArcadiaHouse
Badges: 15
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tigermoth99)
You'll never amount to anything

One of my teachers said that to me when I was young
A teacher said that to John Lennon, too.

Hmmm, I think I've blocked most of it out.
dirtyoldriver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"Shut up, just shut the **** up" - my ex (boyfriend at the time) when I was trying to make him feel better about something, and I definitely didn't deserve it.

Not the harshest thing on here but it just shocked me I guess considering we were meant to be in a loving relationship and I didn't say anything to warrant it, and I maintain to this day he was overreacting to the event anyway, although that may be a side-effect of how he acted kind of killing my sympathy levels :rolleyes:
qwerty7
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Basically my ex said I was rubbish in bed, terrible at sex and "at best was a 2, maybe a 3". Went on to describe how embarrasingly awful I was and how I should have "tried harder", and (from what I've heard) has told his friends how bad I am.

It hurt because he knew about me being sexually abused as a child, and how this has affected me both emotionally and physically. Also because he was my first true love and because we had been sexually active for the past 2 years, where I had apparently been "the best he's had". Total shock, left me feeling numb and even though it was a year and a bit ago I haven't had sex since.

Can't bring myself to trust anyone else.
Lewk
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thinking about this one... I don't think I've ever had a proper insult said right to my face
Ahras
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I tend to repress that kind of shizz. So I don't remember anything. But I do remember people telling me how very AWESOME I am =)
Anonymous #8
Report 7 years ago
There's no nice way to say this - but you smell. Said with a smirk and lots of giggles between them.

Or when the class was talking about how much pocket money we got, I said I got £30 a month and a girl said 'Why don't you use it to buy shampoo then?' Except she said it behind my back, everyone was giggling, I didn't know what was going on, I asked my 'friend' who wss giggling too, pestered her for 30 minutes until she told me, and it hurt that she hadn't even tried to stand up for me.
blackbird
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"i'm going to stab you in the eyes with my scissors" year 8 textile class, safe to say i moved seats after it was said.
itsamemario666
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Luigi is the better brother and peach likes bowser more than you, hence why she always lets herself get kidnapped.
oranges&lemons
Rep:
?
(Original post by Philbert)
Not quite to my face, but I often heard a group of *****y girls in my year say things about me when I was within earshot. In year 10, I heard one of them say I was boring pretty loudly; not that bad, I know, but it really upset me at the time as I was always very shy and only had a small group of friends. I also heard the same girls saying I was ugly and fat when they knew I could hear them. Thank God they all left after year 11, they made two years of my life pretty miserable.
I remember girls like that at school they'd say things purposely loud just to make someone feel **** about themselves. Its sad they have nothing better to do and i remember they'd always pick on some of the quietest people.
lawology
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by blackbird)
"i'm going to stab you in the eyes with my scissors" year 8 textile class, safe to say i moved seats after it was said.
:eek: Thats awful, especially given the nature of a pair of scissors - if they'd opened up the legs (?) they could have probably got both eyes at once
oranges&lemons
Rep:
?
(Original post by kevin6767)
You're worthless, no one will ever love you, I hate you, why do you even bother? Just kill yourself, just **** off and die. There are more but it would depress me even more to write them down.
I hate to think that people even have to endure stuff like that. It's shocking the way some people can be so heartless as to say those things.
Ireth00
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My brother once said he's ashamed to be seen in public with me. That stung..

Instead of encouraging me to go to the best uni I could with my grades (which were very good) both my parents told me I shouldn't be trying to be something special and should go to the uni in my town instead (Which is not bad, it just wasn't one of my choices. Guess where I ended up completely alone, whilst all of my friends moved away for uni. I feel like I wasted all of my potential and chance to start anew and am still angry with them for making me stay here).

Also, when I was younger my dance school closed down and I asked my father if I could enroll in another one, he said: that would only be worth it if you could get into the competing group, but you're not good enough to get in, and being in the non-competing group is just not worth the money. Yeah, that hurt a lot too, especially because dancing was my passion and I was quite talented. The thing is the other school cost more and it was further away and my parents couldn't afford the tuition fee + driving me there and back 4 times a week - I understand that now, but he could come up with a better excuse for a 14-yeear old.

I also overheard him saying that he's worried about me ever finding a boyfriend because I am not pretty like other girls.

My family is lovely.:rolleyes:
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by oranges&lemons)
-------
"You look pretty today." That hurt like a ***** 'cause normally they call me beautiful.

To be honest, nobody has really said anything hurtful to my face before, but I remember coming across an email sent between two 'friends' which involved myself, a knife and a rope. It wasn't very pleasant.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (312)
37.68%
No - but I will (64)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
47.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed