Why the monarchy will survive forever Watch

iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Didii)
Royal family aside, does that mean that you are against private schools? Better education because you are born into a family that can afford it. Face it, birth opens and closes a lot of doors. You cannot expect everyone to have the same opportunities. What about an african child who has to work for food and water for his/her family? Life isn't fair, so please don't be so naive.
Which is why I said 'should' be equal. If you believe that the African child doesn't deserve food and water, and yet the middle class British kid deserves a private school education then you've gotta question your morals.
Didii
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iainthegreat)
If you believe that the African child doesn't deserve food and water, and yet the middle class British kid deserves a private school education then you've gotta question your morals.
Well you have just taken what I have said blown it out of proportion. I am African you idiot. I am illustrating that life isn't fair, I am using examples to show that the conditions in which you are born do have an impact on the rest of your life.
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Didii)
Well you have just taken what I have said blown it out of proportion. I am African you idiot. I am illustrating that life isn't fair, I am using examples to show that the conditions in which you are born do have an impact on the rest of your life.
Ok, I didn't say that isn't the case, I said that shouldn't be the case!
gradjobplease
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Great_One)
That made my day. That Royals work very hard we just don't see it. The queens an 85 year old woman who goes on 444 engagements a year and meetings. You have no argument just like your stupid YES to AV campaign. The royals do lot's of work and most foreign diplomats love working with Royalty...if you've got a president or an advisor they just go borrrrrring but if you send a prince over they go wooooooooow how cool. That might sound strange but it's the truth, royalty takes you a long way. President Obama isnt fit enough to tie the queens boots.
She's waited on hand and foot, like she has been her entire life. I hardly count what she does at the moment work. Oh no, she has to meet a few people, how terrible, what a trooper. Are you seriously suggesting the royals work hard? Really? If you believe that then there really is no hope for you.

And where might I ask did you get this in depth knowledge of other countries' civil services? Do you think they'd be more excited to meet the Queen or President Obama? Just because you're devoted, doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

The Yes to AV campaign has nothing to do with this, so I won't address your attack.
madcat1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by The_Great_One)
The main reasons are that as ever it adapats to British life. From the 1920's when the queen mother didn't want her marriage televised because she thought people in pubs would watch it with their hats on, then in the 1930's people were allowed to send presents to the couple, then in the 40's they started televising them. As time has gone by the monarchy has apadted and modernised to british life and they also manage to keep their heads down while they're doing it.
It offers stability and continuation because being born into the Royal Family is a god given priviledge and places you above all politicians which means that your not a politician so your not biased towards one particular party and you act in the interest of the people. People might hate the PM or President but the monarchy is something the overwhelming majority love. Also celebrities and democracy go hand in hand and royals are the original celebrities. Not to mention we have the history to do it as well . The Bin Laden death might be in the news atm but the Royal Wedding is not just a little bit bigger but a massive ammount bigger then bin ladens death.
your are a key example of what i call a ****
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (344)
37.84%
No - but I will (72)
7.92%
No - I don't want to (65)
7.15%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (428)
47.08%

Watched Threads