Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gridiron-Gangster)
    Here was the post I made on that other forum in response to similar ignorant comments like yours regarding MOBO and the NBPA. Infact I think you might have been one of the people posting there. Anyways my post is pretty clear-cut and the rules are set out there for you so whatever ideas you had about these black organisations being racist well it just went out of the window. If despite this evidence you still want to stick to your ignorant mindset then well good luck to you.

http://www.nbpa.co.uk/about-us/constitution/

OK firstly to clarify the rules on membership I've posted a link to the last updated version of the NBPA constitution which outlines their rules on Full and Associate membership. For some reason I was unable to to copy and paste the relevant section but for the record there doesn't seem to be any mention on membership restricted to those of a certain race/ethnicity etc. So wherever people are getting this notion that if you're "white" you can't be a full member (let me guess Wikipedia?) then you're misinformed.

Let's be brutally honest here at no level has the NBPA barred membership to anybody based ethnicity, race or religion. But let's not forget that the BNP restricted their membership to "whites only" and only changed that rule because they were FORCED to do so as their rules on membership broke the law. Under no circumstances have the NBPA broken any laws with regards to their membership criteria etc so to label them as a racist organisation is just plain stupid.

Also Combat 18 and the National Front still restrict their membership to "whites only" and even publicly display their prejudiced views so if anyone is to be labelled a racist organisation it's them. The BNP have only come into line because they were forced to do so, not because they accepted that they were in the wrong.

You all seem to criticise the need for an NBPA but yet forget to ask yourself one thing. Don't you think it's rather sad in this day and age in 21st century Britain that there are organisations out there who feel that members of a particular ethnicity are prejudiced or discriminated against within the working environment and have evidence to back up their claims? It's pathetic isn't it? It just shows how despite the progress we've made there are a handful of repulsive individuals out there who just can't accept the fact that we are all equals and that everyone has a right to live and work without being subjected to any form of biggotry on the basis of their ethnicity or religious views.

The whole point of an NBPA and MOBO was to celebrate the achievements of such minorities against a backdrop of racial discrimination and overcoming obstacles to become successful. It's a celebration of achievement which from the offset they have be more than happy and willing to share with ALL races and cultures in this country hence why many "non-black" artists win MOBOs and the NBPA promotes relations with other ethnic groups.

Organisations like the NF however would rather promote their own ideals of white supremacy and support links between other "white supremacy" groups. Nowhere on the NF website does it say anything about wanting to promote a harmonious relationship with other ethnic groups.

When people argue about why there isn't a White Police Association or a WOBO awards, it isn't because they're genuinely concerned about racial equality for all it's simply because they want to antagonise a situation which I think is childish and immature.
    Combat 18 and the naitonal front are banned organisations, and it is not membership that I am speaking of, we would not be allowed to have a an award ceromony entitled music of white origins due to political correctness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teknik)
    That is NOT the point, any white organisation which described itself as an organisaiton for whites would be banend no matter if they let in ethnic minroties or not. You would NEVER have an award ceremony called music of white origin in this day and age, it is you who does not get it. Combat 18 and the national front are banned organisations
    Please don't shout at me. Your point was that you were trying to wrongly label MOBO or the NBPA as a racist organisation when they have never restricted membership to anybody on the basis of race or religion and and you cannot categorically say "never" when such an idea has never been proposed. And besides it most likelihood anyone coming up with such an idea wouldn't be doing so to "celebrate the outstanding conrtibution and barriers that aspiring white artists have overcome" it would simply be as a childish means to antagonise people. Besides weren't the Grammy Awards and even the Brit Awards mostly dominated by "white" artists for a significant period of their history?

Also as far as I am aware the National Front isn't a banned organisation as I believe they are still a political party with the ability to field candidates in local elections etc.... I may be wrong?

I do get the point. I don't think you. You must really have nothing else to be proud of with your life if you have to publicly parade an avatar saying "I love being white" and please don't BS with me or anyone else; you aren't doing it because you are genuinely proud of who you are you're doing it to antagonise others and let's be fair most of the ignorant knuckle-dragging fascists on this forum wouldn't be half as courageous in real life due to the fact that on TSR they have the luxury of hiding behind a computer screen.

You don't get it and never have got it so please don't lecture me with your ignorant claptrap. Crawl back into your hole.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't shout at me. Your point was that you were trying to wrongly label MOBO or the NBPA as a racist organisation when they have never restricted membership to anybody on the basis of race or religion and and you cannot categorically say "never" when such an idea has never been proposed. And besides it most likelihood anyone coming up with such an idea wouldn't be doing so to "celebrate the outstanding conrtibution and barriers that aspiring white artists have overcome" it would simply be as a childish means to antagonise people. Besides weren't the Grammy Awards and even the Brit Awards mostly dominated by "white" artists for a significant period of their history?

Also as far as I am aware the National Front isn't a banned organisation as I believe they are still a political party with the ability to field candidates in local elections etc.... I may be wrong?

I do get the point. I don't think you. You must really have nothing else to be proud of with your life if you have to publicly parade an avatar saying "I love being white" and please don't BS with me or anyone else; you aren't doing it because you are genuinely proud of who you are you're doing it to antagonise others and let's be fair most of the ignorant knuckle-dragging fascists on this forum wouldn't be half as courageous in real life due to the fact that on TSR they have the luxury of hiding behind a computer screen.

You don't get it and never have got it so please don't lecture me with your ignorant claptrap. Crawl back into your hole.
    So because I am love being white I don't have a life. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Combat 18 and the naitonal front are banned organisations, and it is not membership that I am speaking of, we would not be allowed to have a an award ceromony entitled music of white origins due to political correctness.
    Well as I said the idea had never been proposed so by that it has never been accepted or rejected so you can't categorically say that such an awards ceremony would be banned.

The fact is and I will repeat this again, the people suggesting a "MOWO" awards are only doing so to antagonise the rest of society and parade themselves arround as some sorry forgotten group of individuals despite the fact there are plenty of white artists around who still dominate the awards ceremonies across the board. The fact is the vast majority don't really consider race when listening to music.

MOBO was set up during a time when black artists were not being given fair exposure in the media or recognition and when they faced some very real and unfair obstacles to success not due to the quality of their talents but due to their race or cultural background and it was usually by biggotted media fatcats who held opinions not too different to yourself.

MOBO doesn't promote black music or artists as being better than the rest it celebrates the contribution made by these artists to a diverse British and International Music scene.

ReputationRep:
    Well as I said the idea had never been proposed so by that it has never been accepted or rejected so you can't categorically say that such an awards ceremony would be banned.

The fact is and I will repeat this again, the people suggesting a "MOWO" awards are only doing so to antagonise the rest of society and parade themselves arround as some sorry forgotten group of individuals despite the fact there are plenty of white artists around who still dominate the awards ceremonies across the board. The fact is the vast majority don't really consider race when listening to music.

MOBO was set up during a time when black artists were not being given fair exposure in the media or recognition and when they faced some very real and unfair obstacles to success not due to the quality of their talents but due to their race or cultural background and it was usually by biggotted media fatcats who held opinions not too different to yourself.

MOBO doesn't promote black music or artists as being better than the rest it celebrates the contribution made by these artists to a diverse British and International Music scene.
    The Mobo awards were founded i 1995, are you saying black artists were discriminated against i the late mid 90s?

ReputationRep:

The MOBO awards celebrate trash. It the Jerry Springer of music awards

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree that things are as bad as the OP makes out, but there is a bit of a point. At my workplace there are support groups for people from ethnic minority backgrounds or women, so they get extra training and support seminars.

It may have been the case in the past that men were privileged over women, but I can safely say there's no discriminatory factors now between myself and a girl my age if we were both going for a promotion - women's equality groups have succeeded and are no longer necessary in the modern workplace.

ReputationRep:
    why was OP banned?

ReputationRep:
    So because I am love being white I don't have a life. :confused:
    Who cares if you're white? If people are judging you on that basis then they're prejudiced biggots and not worth your time. Most people don't really have the need to want to shout and scream about the fact they're proud of their race. Yes there was a time when that happened re: civil rights movement because lest we forget at that time people were being denied the right to vote, an education or service in a cafe because they were black. They were made out to be socially inferior because they were of a different colour and nothing else.

You put your avatar because you're insecure about yourself and feel the need to be vocal about your ethnicity or racial group or to defend yourself from some sort of "ethnic invasion" which is complete BS. Jeez can't believe I'm arguing with some ignorant fascist on an internet forum.

Oh and by the way for someone who's proud to be white/British and prud of your culture and language, your English language and grammar schools are laughable re: "So because I am love being white".

Biggotted idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Who cares if you're white? If people are judging you on that basis then they're prejudiced biggots and not worth your time. Most people don't really have the need to want to shout and scream about the fact they're proud of their race. Yes there was a time when that happened re: civil rights movement because lest we forget at that time people were being denied the right to vote, an education or service in a cafe because they were black. They were made out to be socially inferior because they were of a different colour and nothing else.

You put your avatar because you're insecure about yourself and feel the need to be vocal about your ethnicity or racial group or to defend yourself from some sort of "ethnic invasion" which is complete BS. Jeez can't believe I'm arguing with some ignorant fascist on an internet forum.

Oh and by the way for someone who's proud to be white/British and prud of your culture and language, your English language and grammar schools are laughable re: "So because I am love being white".

Biggotted idiot.
    but why u mad tho?

ReputationRep:
    The MOBO awards celebrate trash. It the Jerry Springer of music awards
    There you go again making broad statements without backing them up with any sort of evidence or justification. Or perhaps the concept of a debate doesn't register to you does it?

ReputationRep:
    There you go again making broad statements without backing them up with any sort of evidence or justification. Or perhaps the concept of a debate doesn't register to you does it?
    Back it up with what ? If you said a chav was trashy, how would you back it up ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rami101)
    but why u mad tho?
    I'm not mad I just hate the ignorance that seems to be spouted about here for which there is never any justification or legitimate evidence.

Iz that enuf 4 u ma blud? (lowering myself to your inept level)

ReputationRep:
    I'm not mad I just hate the ignorance that seems to be spouted about here for which there is never any justification or legitimate evidence.

trolled

ReputationRep:

Lowering yourself to the Mobo awards level

ReputationRep:
    Back it up with what ? If you said a chav was trashy, how would you back it up ?
    Well you can always back up an argument. If you can't then an opinion is based on ignorance i.e. not understanding a situation.

Now I do not for one moment use the term "chav" or have anything against those who may fall under that label. A lot of people might associate it with various factors:

-clothing style
    -general behaviour/culture
    -social class/wealth/housing

etc etc. The fact is the term chav is quite a derogatory term. So what is somebody wears a particular brand? It's their choice and their lifestyle. Aslong as it doesn't affect how you live your life then it's all kosher.

Simple concept of debating. Most fascists are familar with that Teknik so I'm surprised why you aren't?

ReputationRep:
    Lowering yourself to the Mobo awards level
    Rather that than to the level of a low-life, ignorant, biggotted, fascist piece of trash like you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rami101)
    trolled
    LOL i'm hardly a troll

ReputationRep:
    Well you can always back up an argument. If you can't then an opinion is based on ignorance i.e. not understanding a situation.

Now I do not for one moment use the term "chav" or have anything against those who may fall under that label. A lot of people might associate it with various factors:

-clothing style
    -general behaviour/culture
    -social class/wealth/housing

etc etc. The fact is the term chav is quite a derogatory term. So what is somebody wears a particular brand? It's their choice and their lifestyle. Aslong as it doesn't affect how you live your life then it's all kosher.

Simple concept of debating. Most fascists are familar with that Teknik so I'm surprised why you aren't?
    Why would I want to go to the time of backing it up. Mobo awards represents trash culture. I am not going to satisfy your pedanticism by outlining why.

ReputationRep:
    Nah the real discrimination tese days is against males in general.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.