Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxcartwright)
    is no one else applying for War Studies at Kings?
    it was very tempting, but alas no - sorry
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxcartwright)
    I only got it yesterday, don't worry
    You're also a post-A level applicant, so that gives you a bit of an advantage...

ReputationRep:
    Predicted ABB

Royal Holloway (P/IR) - OFFER AAB
    Nottingham (P) - OFFER AAB
    Essex (P) - OFFER ABB
    Newcastle (P) - Pending
    Leeds (PPS) - Pending

ReputationRep:
    Update: Received an offer from York for Politics and IR so happy as it's AAB!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simoncino)
    it was very tempting, but alas no - sorry
    What did you get as and what are you predicted? I'm waiting on PAIS at Warwick which is definitely my first choice so just checking out the competition!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olip93)
    What did you get as and what are you predicted? I'm waiting on PAIS at Warwick which is definitely my first choice so just checking out the competition!
    i do ib, and i am predicted 39 points... you can compare that as you wish... and yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck applicants I'm doing IR & Pol at Sheffield, I also visited York & Birmingham for post-offer days so feel free to ask me about any of those

ReputationRep:
    I would also like to say good luck- I do IR at UEA, but in first year we take the core Politics modules so I can also answer any questions about Politics at UEA.

ReputationRep:
    Predicted A*AA
    Applied:
    Liverpool - OFFER AAB
    UEA - OFFER ABB
    Sheffield, Durham & Edinburgh all pending!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    I would also like to say good luck- I do IR at UEA, but in first year we take the core Politics modules so I can also answer any questions about Politics at UEA.
    What made you choose UEA? I have an offer but I haven't actually looked around it yet! It looked good in the prospectus though which is why I applied but just wondering why it stood out for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by topiwopi)
    What made you choose UEA? I have an offer but I haven't actually looked around it yet! It looked good in the prospectus though which is why I applied but just wondering why it stood out for you
    It's a campus uni near a city, which is what I wanted. The accomodation is reasonably priced compared with other campus unis near cities (*cough Birmingham cough*) and a lot of it is on campus, so you get to know it really well, plus IMO the newer ensuite is quite a good spec. I could take modules from other departments even in 1st year, like the semester just gone I did a History module. The grade requirements- my offer was BBB- although I know they have put the offer up now. The campus size- only takes 15 mins to walk from one side to the other. Having a gig venue on campus- they have a complete variety of acts to suit all taste, from cheesy pop to metal. They have club nights twice a week that people (especially 1st years living on campus) actually want to go to, unlike at some other unis where the club was one people went to in freshers and then not again (and there are decent places to go to in Norwich as well.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    It's a campus uni near a city, which is what I wanted. The accomodation is reasonably priced compared with other campus unis near cities (*cough Birmingham cough*) and a lot of it is on campus, so you get to know it really well, plus IMO the newer ensuite is quite a good spec. I could take modules from other departments even in 1st year, like the semester just gone I did a History module. The grade requirements- my offer was BBB- although I know they have put the offer up now. The campus size- only takes 15 mins to walk from one side to the other. Having a gig venue on campus- they have a complete variety of acts to suit all taste, from cheesy pop to metal. They have club nights twice a week that people (especially 1st years living on campus) actually want to go to, unlike at some other unis where the club was one people went to in freshers and then not again (and there are decent places to go to in Norwich as well.)
    Thankyouu i like the idea of it being a campus near a city, because i went to some city universities and didn't really like it, but then I don't really want a campus miles away from a city... and yeah my offers ABB but i think that actually seems quite low compared to other universities offers that it actually seems a lot better than! Think I will like it when I go and look around

ReputationRep:
    Uni- Warwick
    Course- Politics
    Predicted - AAA
    Offer- AAB+B in EPQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faithxfaye)
    Uni- Warwick
    Course- Politics
    Predicted - AAA
    Offer- AAB+B in EPQ
    when did you get this?

ReputationRep:
    when did you get this?
    Just this evening, have you applied too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faithxfaye)
    Just this evening, have you applied too?
    yesss I've applied for PAIS at Warwick. Literally praying for an offer! first choice?

ReputationRep:
    yesss I've applied for PAIS at Warwick. Literally praying for an offer! first choice?
    which course did you apply for? i really hope you hear back from them
    i think so but waiting on othersss

ReputationRep:
    Any international applicants received IR offers from Durham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ndei)
    Any international applicants received IR offers from Durham?
    have you got an ir from durham?!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 23, 2012

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.