Turn on thread page Beta

Insecure about my race. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesLanek)
    Looks like OP's post has hit a nerve. Calm down, she was giving an opinion. You reacting like that and being aggressive towards her clearly plays into what she was talking about in her OP :facepalm:
    Hit a nerve? Yeah ok buddy.
    OP is too busy blaming her race for not fitting in with anybody and having a miserable life.
    Yeah sure life will be tougher for an ethnic minority and yes we've all been bullied, but OP is delusional in saying that she wishes she wasn't Nigerian and is ashamed of her origins and she wants to be accepted by being white.
    Her comments are utterly delusional and just insane. The more she refuses to accept herself for who she is, then the more she'll find it tough to be happy and live life.
    Nobody will accept her until she accepts herself for who she is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peace12456)
    ^^ Oh gosh. Stop bashing the black race, there are bad apples in all races - You've got the white stereotypes, indian stereotypes, muslim stereotypes - every group holds their own stereotype! Yes, everyone gets embarrassed of people within their race sometimes, but to actually be embarrassed to be your race really is annoying. Your race doesn't define you, you define yourself.

Tbh, when I saw this thread title i knew it would be by a black person, 'cause it's always a black person who disses their own race and people. Slave culture man, needs to be eradicated.
    What is there to be proud of?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    You can't just going around calling people fake, come on
    Oh yeah? Says who?

ReputationRep:
    def the saddest thread I've ever read. How can one be disgraced over their race? You might as well be disgraced by the entire human race. Look at what the entire human race is up to, racism is still about, exploitation, inequality, poverty, environmental concerns, crime and greed. The list is long. You're an individual. Stop focusing on the negatives and realise that what you as a black person should do is set an example. Truly shocking post btw.

Take me for an example:
    I was born and raised in probably the whitest country on earth (Sweden), and faced similar feelings as you do, but not as severe. Instead of pitying myself and hating my race I took pride in what I as an individual could accomplish. Look at me now, I'm at an excellent university, work part-time as an academic consultant for fellow swedes who are interested in studying abroad, and have recently been offered a placement opportunity as a research assistant within Swedens & Scandinavias most prestigious university(its renowned internationally as well as it consistently ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world). All this and guess what? I'm blacker than coal and I just turned 20. Don't use your race as an excuse to fall into the self-wallowing pity trap (aka inferior culture).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babygirl110)
    What is there to be proud of?
    Are you black..And you're really asking that question?
    - Your ignorance is insulting. LOL

I pity you though, you carry on resenting your people, when in actual fact you're hating yourself.

If you're non-black, forget what I just said - your opinion isn't relevant to my race.
    Actually scrap that, from when you said 'what is there to be proud of' your opinion isn't relevant at all (whether you're black/non-black) I hate having conversations with ignorant, narrow-minded people which you so clearly are....
    so..

Cheerio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-Toe)
    Not necessarily. If certain sentences are misconstrued I'll obviously defend my case and mention it in later posts. It's not a 20 page thread. Someone who did want to give me an intelligent, sensible response would analyse EVERYTHING I say not just the OP.

Your post was pointless. Insulting me won't solve the problem if anything it'll reinforce my beliefs.
    Well sorry, you expect too much from the average TSRian. And you've labelled my post "pointless" because you can't convincingly counter argue against it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nunugab)
    def the saddest thread I've ever read. How can one be disgraced over their race? You might as well be disgraced by the entire human race. Look at what the entire human race is up to, racism is still about, exploitation, inequality, poverty, environmental concerns, crime and greed. The list is long. You're an individual. Stop focusing on the negatives and realise that what you as a black person should do is set an example. Truly shocking post btw.

Take me for an example:
    I was born and raised in probably the whitest country on earth (Sweden), and faced similar feelings as you do, but not as severe. Instead of pitying myself and hating my race I took pride in what I as an individual could accomplish. Look at me now, I'm at an excellent university, work part-time as an academic consultant for fellow swedes who are interested in studying abroad, and have recently been offered a placement opportunity as a research assistant within Swedens & Scandinavias most prestigious university(its renowned internationally as well as it consistently ranks amongst the top 100 universities in the world). All this and guess what? I'm blacker than coal and I just turned 20. Don't use your race as an excuse to fall into the self-wallowing pity trap (aka inferior culture).
    Good post :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    :rofl: Fantastic. He sounded a bit like Uncle Ruckus... as does the OP h3h3h3
    Erm thanks :erm:

ReputationRep:
    In other news...

Black peps. We need to step up our game!!

(Original post by T-Toe)
    We need to step up our game!!
    I'll be sure to notify the negro community.

ReputationRep:
    As for black stereotypical girls, goodness, they are so annoying with their ghetto inner city accents. I see them making noise every morning on their way to school.

ReputationRep:
    As for black stereotypical girls, goodness, they are so annoying with their ghetto inner city accents. I see them making noise every morning on their way to school.
    Oh yes, 'cause that represents every black girl right? And why do they talk like that? Yes, you've answered it yourself idiot. It's because of the areas they've been brought up in, you'll find many asians and white people who too, have been brought up in the same area, talking the same. As if you're superior over anyone, just 'cause you have a different accent.

ReputationRep:

Think that's all that needs to be said my friend.

As someone said earlier the OP can't possibly be Nigerian. We're too proud, besides I'm pretty successful, you've clearly got issues of your own. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaneCook)

Think that's all that needs to be said my friend.

As someone said earlier the OP can't possibly be Nigerian. We're too proud, besides I'm pretty successful, you've clearly got issues of your own. :rolleyes:
    Lol how foolish. Actually I'm talking about stereotypical black girls in London. I only moved to inner London this year because I now work in London and I started to notice that there are so many loud black girls who give us a bad image.

As far as your comment about Essex is concerned, well I'm from Brentwod which is an affluent part of Essex. I went to a private school, my brother and I were the only black people in our school and my parents are still the only black family in our neighbourhood. Sorry there are no stereotypical black people or CHAVs where I'm from.

ReputationRep:
    you will always be black so why worry about it? Theres nothing wrong with being black. If I was black, I wouldnt worry about it because theres nothing to worry about. Its ridiculous. Its like complaining because your eyes are green. A) Why? and B) you cant change it?

there are more things in the world to be worried about than little things about yourself theres no problem with and you cant change. Just enjoy your life!

ReputationRep:
    Lol how foolish. Actually I'm talking about stereotypical black girls in London. I only moved to inner London this year because I now work in London and I started to notice that there are so many loud black girls who give us a bad image.

As far as your comment about Essex is concerned, well I'm from Brentwod which is an affluent part of Essex. I went to a private school, my brother and I were the only black people in our school and my parents are still the only black family in our neighbourhood. Sorry there are no stereotypical black people or CHAVs where I'm from.
    Just you then? Must get lonely.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry T-Ros, if you feel insecure about being black you'll always feel WHITE at home with us here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaneCook)
    Just you then? Must get lonely.
    Cheap shot.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.