80x10
    80x10

Bad Girl Machine

Stackx12x3

Good Girl Machine

Half Stackx20
    Half Stackx30

ReputationRep:
    Is good girl the one where you close your legs against the resistance, and bad girl the one that opens them against resistance?

Nice 5 repper though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slick Fosbury)
    Is good girl the one where you close your legs against the resistance, and bad girl the one that opens them against resistance?

Nice 5 repper though
    Yes yes. A friend of mine came up with the terms and it made me lol.

They are gay but they've helped immensely with my quad pain.

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes I like it too.

That 5 rep PR is seriously good though, what was your previous PR? How grindy were the last few reps?

ReputationRep:
    Today I trained yoke.

Upright Rows

50x10x3
    60x6x2

Hang Cleans

60x5x5

Face Pulls

100 reps (50x2)

Pull Ups

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slick Fosbury)
    Haha yes I like it too.

That 5 rep PR is seriously good though, what was your previous PR? How grindy were the last few reps?
    Previous PB was 170x2 which I did last week.

Mental session. Was awesome. I thought I was going to die after 3 but I had a really good spotter who I trust with my life who kept me going. I needed a little support (note: support, not help) on the last rep to stop me from leaning excessively in the hole but he was hands off on the eccentric portion of the lift so I'm counting it.

Thanks for your continued interest buddy .

ReputationRep:
    Nice. I really need to find a good workout partner. I'd be willing to do pretty much any split if they consistently turned up to the gym.

Also is there any reasoning behind the giant reps like 50 rep face pull?

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a training partner per se, there's just a group of regulars who actually look like they lift and put up some decent numbers that train around the same time as me (1700-2000). We share spots, successes and training tips but we all train differently and have different goals so training together would be pointless.

I do stuff like machine work and isolation moves for super high reps because they aren't power exercises. As far as I'm concerned, if you're doing a facepull for less than 20 or so reps you aren't doing it right. You'll be hitting your biceps, traps and rhomboids and your rear delts won't get the stimulation they need.

When I did facepulls for lower reps (8-12) I used to get a pump in my biceps, traps and rhomboids but never in my rear delts. Now I do them for a ****load of reps I feel them exclusively in my rear delts and surprise, surprise- they've grown.

ReputationRep:
    Upper body training (heavy):

Press

50x5
    60x5
    70x3
    75x3
    80x2
    80x2

Bench

60x10
    100x8
    110x5
    110x4
    100x8
    100x7

Chins (bodyweight)

-little/no rest between sets, not to failure (obvs)

Kroc Rows

36x6 to warm up
    50x30 (strapped up, grip has been off lately)

Bodyweight is down to 87 for some reason. Probably a combo of stress and an ongoing URI that I've had for over a week now. Gay illness is gay.

Currently eating half a litre of custard and 3 GU brownies to compensate for random weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    Did some conditioning today.

12x20 metre sprints (up a hill, reasonably steep)

I've been letting my conditioning work slide a little recently and I feel really ****ty for it.

Conditioning is important. From now on I will do at least 2x week hard conditioning. More if I can. This is a new rule that I intend to follow forever.

Also, in case any of you reading this haven't noticed, I've been doing a lot of trap training recently.

I really want a ****ing massive yoke. Like, really bad. I already have one of the biggest yokes in my gym but then, I have muscle dysmorphia so :tong:.

Training at the moment is about getting a bigger yoke.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../preview?pli=1

This explains why a big yoke is awesome (by Jim Wendler, no surprises there considering my man crush on him is almost as big as my man crush on Mariusz Pudzianowski).

Also, a picture of my yoke for your viewing pleasure:

Name:  gotyoke.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  299.4 KB

This is what I ate for dinner today.

Name:  food2getyoke'd.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  475.0 KB

So, to conclude I have a new training 'mantra'.

Be strong, be in shape (and have a big yoke).

Nothing else matters.

**** powerlifting, **** bodybuilding, **** what other people think. I need to train for me. This realization has been a long time coming. Maybe one day I'll do a meet or a BBing show. For now I'm just going to focus on doing what I love: training- and making myself the most badarse mother****er I can be.

Oddly deep and lengthy post. Hope you enjoyed.

ReputationRep:
    Haha that article made me laugh, I'm gonna do a proper training log soon with pics and all. You can see how yokeless I really am.

Tbh though, I dislike big traps immensely, they make your shoulders looks narrow and they just look ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Good call with the conditioning workouts. I'm going to make every effort to include too

ReputationRep:
    12 hour shift followed by yoke/cardio little session.

Hang Clean

50x5
    55x5
    80xf
    70x3
    70x3
    70x3

Upright Row

60x8
    60x6x4

Treadmill Suckage

1km in 5 mins followed by 5 mins walk on max incline.

In and out in 25 mins.

ReputationRep:
    80% day today. Still not fully recovered from my last lower body day (unsurprisingly) so took it easy.

Squat

60x5
    100x5
    130x1
    155x1
    170x2

140x9
    140x9
    140x1 (something went click in a bad way so I stopped)

Paused Squat- timed 5 second pause today, wanted to make them harder for the lulz.

100x5x6

Good Morning

60x10x3

Leg Curl

2x15

ReputationRep:
    Everything from my hips down feels absolutely destroyed after yesterdays squat session. I love that feeling.

Did an upper session today, didn't push it.

Bench

60x5
    90x5
    100x1
    115x3
    115x3
    115x3
    115x3
    120x1
    100x10

Press

50x10
    60x7x4

Chins

BW 5x10

Rows

70x10x4
    70x12

Gonna train traps and curls tomorrow. Also going to try to do some sprints but this will depend on how my lower body is feeling.

ReputationRep:
    Strong benching ... 4 sets of 115 ! , now this is a heavy session

What is your current 1RM on BP ?

ReputationRep:
    Bench 1RM is 125 T&G and 112.5 paused.

I like doing heavy triples because they don't fatigue me like rep work and don't make me feel like **** like doubles and singles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old School)
    Bench 1RM is 125 T&G and 112.5 paused.

I like doing heavy triples because they don't fatigue me like rep work and don't make me feel like **** like doubles and singles
    Not bad , I am kind of the same.. good at triples , better at maxing out .. currently my triple is roughly 100 , maybe 105... I will go for 120 tomorrow if that fails then I will spend more time on improving triples.

I am not even sure if I should max out again tomorrow or work on lower weight set...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liftorrot)
    Not bad , I am kind of the same.. good at triples , better at maxing out .. currently my triple is roughly 100 , maybe 105... I will go for 120 tomorrow if that fails then I will spend more time on improving triples.

I am not even sure if I should max out again tomorrow or work on lower weight set...
    Do both. I do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old School)
    Do both. I do
    Yea will do.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.