Finding muscular men attractive? Watch

aimeeus_prime
Badges: 0
Report 7 years ago
Not really. My boyfriend is all super skinny and perfect how he is. I'm more attracted to someone who looks like a nice, happy, smiley, kind person rather than what their body type is.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Yung Mon£y
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aimeeus_prime)
Not really. My boyfriend is all super skinny and perfect how he is. I'm more attracted to someone who looks like a nice, happy, smiley, kind person rather than what their body type is.

And what if they were a nice, happy, smiley, kind person who also was in shape?
rlw31
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Where's the ****storm? Did you even bother reading beyond the first few responses?

Spoiler:
Show

It sounds like he wants you to be healthier - hair and makeup is not healthy where as diet and fitness are.

All the crap "Tell him he has a small penis" is pathetic and childish at best, size 10 is irrelevant - you could be skinny fat for all I know which is as unhealthy as being obease.

Ever thought he is thinking of your health and in this vein thinking of you?

Stop being so insecure and paranoid and see it for what it is - it is always fine for women to **** off men for lack of emotion etc, but god forbid a man say anything about health and fitness to a woman.
At least he's got your interests at heart.

When I was huge, I never got told I was fat- but someone did tell me. I changed and for the better. Never hurts to be in shape.
I agree with this to an extent. Never hurts to look good for your man.
EVERY single girl here is jumping the gun and telling him go **** himself. It doesn't sound like he said it maliciously in any way.

"it wouldn't hurt to lose weight and get my fitness levels up" What is wrong with saying this, is there any better way of saying this? He didn't call you fat, or say you were over weight, he's just telling you to eat more healthy.

Or you can listen to all the hyped up females, go for him, tell him he's a **** that you won't change for anyone, and possibly ruin a good relationship.
Dress size is irrelevant, a size 10 can have a high percentage of bodyfat and low levels of lean tissue. This is what causes the danger to health not a bloody dress size.
Of course according the the brave anon responders on tsr if you are size 10 blood pressure, cholesterol levels and everything else is fine because you can fit a certain size of clothes.
Exactly this.

OP, if you had any kind of sensible relationship you should be able to interpret for yourself how he meant it.
To those saying "you shouldn't change for anyone as long as you're happy with yourself", nonsense. If you love someone you do things to make them happy. Simple as. If my girlfriend said that it wouldn't hurt to lose a little weight or put on a bit of muscle, I wouldn't ***** at her, I'd just take it into consideration as something that might make her happy. That doesn't necessarily mean I would do it, but why would I have a go at her for telling me how she feels?
She's FIVE FOOT and size 10. Thats a lot different to being 5'6 and size 10. You could probably do with losing a few.

Maybe he's just saying you should get fit? Or did he actually say you should lose weight?
To the OP, it is highly unlikely anything he said was meant to be offensive, and he probably wasn't saying it to be a d*ck or to pressure you into dropping dress sizes. It is far more likely what his parents said to him struck a chord, and he wants to get into shape, and wants you to join him in his quest for a chiselled physique. That way you can go to the beach together and make people jealous. Why not exercise together? A size 10 is by no means huge, and if you're comfortable at that size, then fair enough.

He mentioned fitness levels, not looks, dress size, et cetera. That isn't anything to get upset over. Fitness is a good thing, everyone should have acceptable levels, and it never hurts to improve it.

I do think you're taking this far too much to heart, he was just being honest with you, and you should be able to appreciate that, even if he could have been more tactful.

Ninja edit: Saw your picture - you aren't fat. I sincerely doubt more than ever that your boyfriend thinks you are. Relax.

Not one of the above spoilered quotes received neg rep and most of them got pos rep.

A real hissyfit.
Jordan_1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rlw31)
Where's the ****storm? Did you even bother reading beyond the first few responses?

Spoiler:
Show

Not one of the above spoilered quotes received neg rep and most of them got pos rep.

A real hissyfit.
Sorry but there were notable differences in the responses between the two threads. Hardly any abuse was given to the gf claiming her bf was too skinny. Turn it around and he's the bad guy.

I mean one idiot even replied "Tell him he has a small penis. Sometimes you have to fight fire with fire" and got 47 pos reps. Because making fun of something a person can't change is a totally acceptable response to a criticism of something you can and should change :rolleyes:

Women sometimes...
Jono404
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rlw31)

Spoiler:
Show

A real hissyfit.
Like the other poster said there is just a noticeable difference in tone of the responses. When I was really skinny people would have no problem pointing it out, even at work...you think if a man made a comment about a woman's weight in the workplace they would get anything less than disciplinary action?
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jono404)
Like the other poster said there is just a noticeable difference in tone of the responses. When I was really skinny people would have no problem pointing it out, even at work...you think if a man made a comment about a woman's weight in the workplace they would get anything less than disciplinary action?
to be fair if a woman is overly skinny people seem very happy to point it out and make comments about it, it only seems to be if its fat its unacceptable.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it was the same though I do agree that often people feel less able to criticise womens bodies.
Ice Constricter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rlw31)
What hostility?

As far as I can see you got butthurt that it's fine for girls to describe something as 'ugly' and 'weird' (btw, no female in this thread used the word 'ugly' to describe a body part/physique and there was only one mention of 'weird' before you posted it), but apparently guys are drowned in neg rep :rolleyes:

Paranoia, get over it.
Figure of speech, learn it. :rolleyes:

You must not come on TSR much if you don't see it, either that or you're blind.

You can deny it all you ****ing want but it definitely exists and whether you like it or not I'll mention it. Deal with it!
Jono404
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by boba)
to be fair if a woman is overly skinny people seem very happy to point it out and make comments about it, it only seems to be if its fat its unacceptable.
I wouldn't go so far as to say it was the same though I do agree that often people feel less able to criticise womens bodies.
Yeah true, though for girls being slim is seen as desirable, for blokes being lanky isn't good, and while I never said anything it did harm my self confidence. Similarly people find making comments to me like 'how's the weather up there?' acceptable but they probably wouldn't say something like that to a midget.
Ice Constricter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A bunch of sloppy ass girls want a boyfriend with a perfect physique. Well it sure as hell ain't happening anytime soon.
rlw31
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Read the other thread, there are posts of a similar nature. Again I see no hissyfit.

If you had a problem with people making comments about your body at work, then make a complaint. I have witnessed people/men making comments about women's bodies at work, some ignored it, some complained, disciplinary action wasn't a given.

(Original post by Ice Constricter)
Figure of speech, learn it. :rolleyes:

You must not come on TSR much if you don't see it, either that or you're blind.

You can deny it all you ****ing want but it definitely exists and whether you like it or not I'll mention it. Deal with it!
I see a cry baby complaining about comments which don't even exist.
ironandwine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yung Mon£y)

So you're saying if he was infront of you, it'd be off putting?
have i died and gone to heaven
ct2k7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah true, though for girls being slim is seen as desirable, for blokes being lanky isn't good, and while I never said anything it did harm my self confidence. Similarly people find making comments to me like 'how's the weather up there?' acceptable but they probably wouldn't say something like that to a midget.
Shorter people get it much worse. Trust me on that one

boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
but the fact that people think of being slim as good for women is why its theres less concern over people being *****y about overly skinnyness. and there are pleanty of small women struggling to put on weight who can have their confidence hurt by those comments. and many women who are naturally very skinny are unhappy due to them often having little amounts of boob or waist/hip ratio. So it really is still a problem.

its like how some people find it ok to be horrible to men for being overly muscely just because being muscular is typically seen as good. now while I would state my preferances here or in some other situation where I was specifically asked I wouldn't actually insult someone because they were more muscular than I found attractive.
boba
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I also didn't really see much difference between the types of replies on both threads tbh
Ice Constricter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rlw31)

I see a cry baby complaining about comments which don't even exist.
The double standard is evident on many threads I've been on. But I can't be arsed to look for them, its freakin' 02.30 in the morning.

This isn't even mentioning real life, in which the double standard is very evident, maybe if you pulled your head out from the denial box you'd realise that.

Anyway I seriously can't be arsed with you and your bull**** either. Don't believe it if you want, not my problem.
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Girls like cuddles. Cuddles presumably don't feel as nice with a ripped body.
rlw31
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ice Constricter)
The double standard is evident on many threads I've been on. But I can't be arsed to look for them, its freakin' 02.30 in the morning.

This isn't even mentioning real life, in which the double standard is very evident, maybe if you pulled your head out from the denial box you'd realise that.

Anyway I seriously can't be arsed with you and your bull**** either. Don't believe it if you want, not my problem.
Sure thing.
QwentyJ
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by stayce88)
Im a bodybuilder so I like big muscled men
Apologies if this sounds rather cumbersome, but is this because muscular men would be more appreciative of you because you undergo a similar lifestyle to them or just plainly because you like muscular men anyway? I'd classify myself as....pretty damn average (I play sports fairly regularly, keep myself fit, etc.) but I don't think I'd have a problem dating a woman who was fitter than I. Again, sorry for going slightly OT.
Smiile
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yung Mon£y)

So you're saying if he was infront of you, it'd be off putting?
:adore::ahee::coma::eek3::gah::gah::gah::heart::hitit::hitit::heart::eek3::eek3::ahee::heart::adore::eek3::eek3::adore::hitit::hitit::love::lovedup::sexface::ahee::sexface::heart::eek3::eek3::heart::sexface::yeah::ahee::yeah::adore::adore:

Does this answer your question?
rattyryan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dajaffer)
How about this 18 year old?

HE IS 18!! http://www.simplyshredded.com/jeff-seid.html
He's a clown... genuinely. Some of his comments aye. Class A racist yank ****
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (130)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (194)
27.17%
Not great so far... (256)
35.85%
I want to drop out! (134)
18.77%

Watched Threads