Olympic Swimming Thread Watch

siani-chan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by roh)
Oh, hopefully they'll sort that out next year. Quiet isn't how I'd describe swimming, or any sports team, though. There's a lot us coming back so it should be bigger and hopefully more open next year.

Is it a 20m? Turnfest special.

Swimming up a lane in pairs?! Who does that?! Apparently Oadby's going to be a 25 so should be bigger.
I'd hope so, it was relatively nice in first year Eh, true.

Yeah 20 I think. I wish I could turn properly! There's also a sauna, a jacuzzi and a steam room which is wonderful.

People at my local pool, people in that pool.. It's unbelievable. If you want to talk while swimming, a) you're not swimming hard enough, why are you even there and b) bugger off out of the swimming lane and go in the slow lane. I am mean. :p:
roh
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by siani-chan)
I'd hope so, it was relatively nice in first year Eh, true.

Yeah 20 I think. I wish I could turn properly! There's also a sauna, a jacuzzi and a steam room which is wonderful.

People at my local pool, people in that pool.. It's unbelievable. If you want to talk while swimming, a) you're not swimming hard enough, why are you even there and b) bugger off out of the swimming lane and go in the slow lane. I am mean. :p:
Blatantly going to go, paddle up and down for 10 mins, spend 50 in the jacuzzi and then convince myself it's an hour at the gym!

Utterly acceptable. I personally do a couple of lengths sprinting fly or free at my local pool to splash them out of there, might have to do the same in LE
siani-chan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by roh)
Blatantly going to go, paddle up and down for 10 mins, spend 50 in the jacuzzi and then convince myself it's an hour at the gym!

Utterly acceptable. I personally do a couple of lengths sprinting fly or free at my local pool to splash them out of there, might have to do the same in LE
I did that during exams and told myself I'd done two hours exercise every day.

Hahah, same here, they fully deserve it when they have no consideration. :p:
Aeschylus
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by roh)

There is no quicker method of disposal than blasting out a quick 100 metre fly when your lane is packed.
roh
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aeschylus)
There is no quicker method of disposal than blasting out a quick 100 metre fly when your lane is packed.
Too right, no underwater either, I want full splashy effect. :fuhrer:

I am concerned at some point I will basically punch an old woman doing old-lady-breastroke full in the face.
My-My-My
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by roh)

That is an hour at the gym (technically).

And I felt gutted for Adlington, crazy 15 year olds!
Aeschylus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by roh)
Too right, no underwater either, I want full splashy effect. :fuhrer:

I am concerned at some point I will basically punch an old woman doing old-lady-breastroke full in the face.
At the moment it's my turns that are scaring people off. Evidently people have been watching the olympics (which is why people ask me 'is fly just like running while flapping your hands ') and they can't be bothered. Did have the local crew today coincidentally sprinting as soon as I pushed off :rolleyes:
roh
Rep:
?
(Original post by My-My-My)
That is an hour at the gym (technically).

And I felt gutted for Adlington, crazy 15 year olds!
Yeah, she gave a great interview though.

At the moment it's my turns that are scaring people off. Evidently people have been watching the olympics (which is why people ask me 'is fly just like running while flapping your hands ') and they can't be bothered. Did have the local crew today coincidentally sprinting as soon as I pushed off :rolleyes:
If anyone told me that I'd just ask 'Ok, if it's that easy you knock out a couple of lengths then'. Turns occasionally, did once get a complaint from some grumpy old woman that I was intimidating her by doing turns and underwater. :confused: Big fan of the middle aged men who start thrashing up and down as soon as I get in, great entertainment.
My-My-My
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by roh)
She did, very gracious, but she was obviously upset on the podium.

Never mind though, tomorrow is another day. I'll be sad to see the end of the swimming, I find it so much easier to watch than the athletics, mainly cause the men wear fewer clothes
Aeschylus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by roh)

If anyone told me that I'd just ask 'Ok, if it's that easy you knock out a couple of lengths then'. Turns occasionally, did once get a complaint from some grumpy old woman that I was intimidating her by doing turns and underwater. :confused: Big fan of the middle aged men who start thrashing up and down as soon as I get in, great entertainment.
Ha I think I pretty much said to the person who said that 'go on you have a go then'.

GB have had a pretty disappointing show at the olympics for certain. Always seem to give up in the final third.
jessyclark
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
US Swimmer was good.
roh
Rep:
?
Ha I think I pretty much said to the person who said that 'go on you have a go then'.

GB have had a pretty disappointing show at the olympics for certain. Always seem to give up in the final third.
Yeah, Bath trained swimmers done well, Stockport alright but given the bulk come from Loughborough I think they have some questions to answer. Need to do whatever the French are, great Olympics by them!
bodie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
sun yang WHAT A BEAST

from now on when I swim I am gonna spread by fingers out more, tone down the leg kick and adopt a mofo easy style
~ Purple Rose ~
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by My-My-My)
She did, very gracious, but she was obviously upset on the podium.

Never mind though, tomorrow is another day. I'll be sad to see the end of the swimming, I find it so much easier to watch than the athletics, mainly cause the men wear fewer clothes
That isn't part of the reason I like watching it, at all :ninja: :teehee:
drummer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bodie)
sun yang WHAT A BEAST

from now on when I swim I am gonna spread by fingers out more, tone down the leg kick and adopt a mofo easy style
I'm made up for him he deserved it
ollier4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
now waiting for the chinese head coach to accuse the american 15 year old swimmer of doping
bodie
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by drummer)
I'm made up for him he deserved it
yeah totally. when he released that roar and started thrashing the water about on the lane rope i just stood back and thought, man is this guy on top of the world.

same for my other main man, Mo.

also great seeing the US girls nail the WR. just seeing them so, so happy at the end hugging each other was so cute. and phelps. nothing needs to be said about him.
drummer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ollier4)
now waiting for the chinese head coach to accuse the american 15 year old swimmer of doping
Dya reckon?
roh
Rep:
?
(Original post by bodie)
sun yang WHAT A BEAST

Unbelievable tekkers. Though if you watch around 1:50 he doesn't pull with spread fingers but kind of spreads them as his hand stretches then snaps them back together for the actual pull.

Though I still think this guy has the best, marginally, freestyle ever. Soooo smooth.
Aeschylus
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I tried to swim freestyle like sun yang yesterday, did not go down well. Still prefer it all my fingers together (giggity)

Apart from him I still think Chad Le Clos had the swim of the games, to beat Phelps at his prized event that he's swam since he's 15; runner up goes to Agnel's final 100 in the free relay and third ledecky.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (139)
17.77%
It's just nice to be back! (211)
26.98%
Not great so far... (281)
35.93%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.31%

Watched Threads