Turn on thread page Beta

Oxford medical applicants 2013 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Seriously the wait is a killer :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have predicted grade A*ABa? It seems like I am the only one with a predicted B ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanzin Bushra)
    Does anyone have predicted grade A*ABa? It seems like I am the only one with a predicted B ;(

There are a couple of people in my year who applied for Medicine with predicted Bs but to less academic universities. How come you've been predicted a B? ;o It may well put you at a disadvantage with Oxford unless you've really nailed the BMAT.

ReputationRep:
    Hi my chem teacher hates me, nd I mean he actually hates me!
    He ud ve made me drop out chem bt since I got A in AS he couldn't. He said statistically ppl hu gets A in AS doesn't get A in A2!! My college ain't that good, so..
    My Bmat section 1&2 was okay I guess, but 3 was rili bad ;(
    I think I ll take a gap year probably cuz I no I ll get A in all my A'Levels ;(

ReputationRep:
    But thanks alot it feels a bit reassuring to know that ppl do get in wish predicted B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanzin Bushra)
    Hi my chem teacher hates me, nd I mean he actually hates me!
    He ud ve made me drop out chem bt since I got A in AS he couldn't. He said statistically ppl hu gets A in AS doesn't get A in A2!! My college ain't that good, so..
    My Bmat section 1&2 was okay I guess, but 3 was rili bad ;(
    I think I ll take a gap year probably cuz I no I ll get A in all my A'Levels ;(

Please try and not use text speak next time. We are not used to it in TSR. Do you see anyone else using text speak???

ReputationRep:
    Okay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marty_smartie)
    Seriously the wait is a killer :/

True Dat marty smarty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akansha_sinha)
    Somerville

was lurking on this thread and saw this. :lurk:
    Woo! I'm applying for Somerville too, although it wasn't an open application

ReputationRep:
    Oxford hopefuls how was the BMAT then?
    I got 4.1 6.9 4A .. Really do not know where I stand :/

ReputationRep:
    To quote Dragon Den "I think I'm out!"
    I got 5 5.6 3C . Gutted with the C, thought my english wasn't that bad.

ReputationRep:
    how were people's bmat? who is applying to lincoln :P ??

I got 5, 5.3, 3.5B really don't know where I stand, on any other year I know it'd be a down right rejection, but seeing as 5 and 5.3 are very much right of the mean on the normal distribution curve?? I have 100% P.A at GCSE (9/9)

hmmmm

ReputationRep:
    Remind me...in the writing task is A low and E high. I assume it is as in the other tasks 1 is low and 9 is high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hedgemonkey)
    Remind me...in the writing task is A low and E high. I assume it is as in the other tasks 1 is low and 9 is high
    Nope other way round. A is high E is low.

Does anyone know roughly when we'll be hearing from Oxford about interviews? Not really expecting one with my BMAT score but I'd like to know asap

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard of anyone with an Oxford interview yet, really worried about my score in BMAT now.. 4.1, 5 and 5A. Don't know if it will be enough and everyone on the student room is ridiculously smart. Not comforting :P

ReputationRep:
    I don't know where I stand with 5.9 5.9 3A but on the website they say they'll write by the end of november. In case save the dates... 9-10 or 11-12 december ^^

ReputationRep:
    Everyone else be happy I got 3,5,3B!! All of yu got really higher than me okay! Have some faith yourself people.

ReputationRep:
    In*

ReputationRep:
    seriously this is bugging me think i am below the average i got 4.7,4,3.5A.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths.Guy)
    how were people's bmat? who is applying to lincoln :P ??

I got 5, 5.3, 3.5B really don't know where I stand, on any other year I know it'd be a down right rejection, but seeing as 5 and 5.3 are very much right of the mean on the normal distribution curve?? I have 100% P.A at GCSE (9/9)

hmmmm
    I got exactly the same BMAT, but with my 5.3 in section one and my 5 in section 2! got 100% *s too.... Be interesting to see if we get an interview, I think that it could be very close indeed!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 25, 2014

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.