Choad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Dhesi)
Reasons:
a) They are manufactured crap
b) They always stand up at the key change in their songs so its all the same format.
c) They are just generally disgusting.

That better?

Mike
they're in mate, dont worry!
Choad
Rep:
?
(Original post by morgangills)
Coldplay - for being generally dull. Their sheer lyrical ineptitude as well.

The Arctic Monkeys - for being dull, and supposedly the voice of my generation. If that's so...then God help us.

Ladytron - great, dance for indie kids. Just what we need. LCD Soundsystem can join em too.

more to come later...
im not accepting the "boring" argument for coldplay atm. and they are not really lyrically inept. mr prodigy. yeah thats right, im talking to you.

arctic monkeys... well they're pretty lively imo. voice of generation? never heard that. its bull neway.

ladytron and lcd... well i have no opinion so they can go in.

but im warning you, if i hear them and theyre cool then theyre coming out again, coz indie/dance is pretty cool imo. liikkkeee kasabian. and asian dub. i like them. and... well i suppose there is a difference between "dance" and "dancable"....

ill stop rambling
cappucino07
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Asian Dub Foundation aren't what I'm talking about. They actually have some energy, I quite like them. The dance stuff for indie kids justs strikes me as so inoffensive, so insipid...so dull.

Coldplay are extremely dull...and lyrically laughable ("Lights will guide you home, And ignite your bones" - wtf?). In contrast with The Prodigy, they act as if they have some emotional resonance in their lyrics.

The Arctic Monkeys simply rehash the work of far superior bands like The Jam...but with that grating northern monkey accent, and lyrics about chips and slappers.
Sync
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The White Stripes. Meg White looks like a zombie and could be replaced with a two year old playing a Fisher-Price 'My First Drum Set'. Jack White can't sing and he is not a good guitarist. Honestly, one of the most overrated bands ever in my opinion - the music is boring and I feel like i'm about to slip into a coma whenever I hear it.
Choad
Rep:
?
Asian Dub Foundation aren't what I'm talking about. They actually have some energy, I quite like them. The dance stuff for indie kids justs strikes me as so inoffensive, so insipid...so dull.

Coldplay are extremely dull...and lyrically laughable ("Lights will guide you home, And ignite your bones" - wtf?). In contrast with The Prodigy, they act as if they have some emotional resonance in their lyrics.

The Arctic Monkeys simply rehash the work of far superior bands like The Jam...but with that grating northern monkey accent, and lyrics about chips and slappers.
lol you gotta give them a bit of artistic liscence.

if it was all like that, then yeah, but it aisnt as far as i can tell

you have swayed me on the arctic monkeys one tho, their lyrics are dire.
Choad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sync)
The White Stripes. Meg White looks like a zombie and could be replaced with a two year old playing a Fisher-Price 'My First Drum Set'. Jack White can't sing and he is not a good guitarist. Honestly, one of the most overrated bands ever in my opinion - the music is boring and I feel like i'm about to slip into a coma whenever I hear it.
valid points, in they go!
Sync
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Wooo!!! Justice has been served.
Choad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sync)
Wooo!!! Justice has been served.
satisfaction guaranteed!*

*no guarantee of any sort is implied with this post
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Choad)
lol you gotta give them a bit of artistic liscence.

if it was all like that, then yeah, but it aisnt as far as i can tell

you have swayed me on the arctic monkeys one tho, their lyrics are dire.
Oh come on...they aren't half as profound as they think they are...or as much as their intolerable fans think.

"You cut me down a tree/ And brought it back to me/ And that's what made me see/ Where I was coming from"

both meaningless...and cliched.
Choad
Rep:
?
Oh come on...they aren't half as profound as they think they are...or as much as their intolerable fans think.

"You cut me down a tree/ And brought it back to me/ And that's what made me see/ Where I was coming from"

both meaningless...and cliched.
hahaha! lol to be honest i dont think i listen to the lyrics much. u seem to have studied them lots.

perhaps if by popular demand it goes in...

would have to be a very vast majority tho...
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Awww come on, I could tear their lyrics apart all day.

I have support on this one as well.
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 12 years ago
I'll back morgangills here. I wouldn't mind so much if the fans didn't go on and on about how special and meaningful the lyrics are, but really, they're either nonsense or full of clichés. Often both.

And when I heard the first single from the new album I was convinced that it was just a re-make of a previous song. They have nothing new to offer but they've made another album anyway. They know it'll sell.
Dhesi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
How about Abba. Its all just too cheesy nowadays. When your in a shop and you hear Abba doesnt it make you cringe. Also they dont have any good lyrics or songs in general.
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The Libertines - Doherty is a trilby wearing, saucer-eyed, Clash plagiarising, Harry Potter look-a-like smack head. Their fans think it's cool that he didn't turn up to gigs...and that when he did he was off his pasty little face. Their music was crap.

Babyshambles - the above, but even worse

Dirty Pretty Things - the above, but with even worse musically (I thought it wasn't possible...they proved me wrong)
Choad
Rep:
?
The Libertines - Doherty is a trilby wearing, saucer-eyed, Clash plagiarising, Harry Potter look-a-like smack head. Their fans think it's cool that he didn't turn up to gigs...and that when he did he was off his pasty little face. Their music was crap.

Babyshambles - the above, but even worse

Dirty Pretty Things - the above, but with even worse musically (I thought it wasn't possible...they proved me wrong)
why dont you, instead of trying to put each band in, just put the bit that you hate in. ie "Bands that have wasters for front men" or whatever
Choad
Rep:
?
(Original post by Dhesi)
How about Abba. Its all just too cheesy nowadays. When your in a shop and you hear Abba doesnt it make you cringe. Also they dont have any good lyrics or songs in general.
i would disagree there...
Choad
Rep:
?
(Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
I'll back morgangills here. I wouldn't mind so much if the fans didn't go on and on about how special and meaningful the lyrics are, but really, they're either nonsense or full of clichés. Often both.

And when I heard the first single from the new album I was convinced that it was just a re-make of a previous song. They have nothing new to offer but they've made another album anyway. They know it'll sell.
ok then, easiest way to solve it would be for one of you to make a new thread with a poll, "should coldplay be added to room 101"

whatever the verdict at... say... midnight tomorrow, is the way it is.

seems fair to me
=nuke=
Badges: 11
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, that'd be cool.

Let's hope all the closet Coldplay fans don't come out all of a sudden. :p:
cappucino07
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Chris Cornell - for ruining the remains of Rage Against the Machine...well I do love Audioslave...but they ain't got nothing on Rage
Choad
Rep:
?
Chris Cornell - for ruining the remains of Rage Against the Machine...well I do love Audioslave...but they ain't got nothing on Rage
done! its not rage

and tho i have grown to like some of their stuff, its still not rage.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (200)
18.76%
No (648)
60.79%
Not really bothered about them (218)
20.45%

Watched Threads