Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Never ever used one, but wouldnt say no!

just go to ann summers and take a different bag with you, one of those cardboard ones would do from shoe shops.
    Yeah - I think it would be a lot easier in another city.

It is something ive thought about...but i dont want people to find it, and not sure i would get the privacy to use the damn thing. I d want something thats actually gonna work thou!!
    I think im gonna wiat till uni like some of you other ppl, lol i dont think my bf would be happy if i got one anyway!!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i bought one off the net, and it arrived while my parents were on holiday which is fine, i timed it! the problem was that the package looked like it had been opened enough to see what was inside. either my parents' friend who was doing some diy for us, or one of my friends opened it when it was on my sofa... or it was the postman. made me a bit edgy though! as for the parentals finding "it" i keep it in a little cash box thing in my room that i just claim has my valuables in, i.e. cash... i'm still paranoid they'll find the key!!
    What could your parents say about it anyway? If they found it I'd doubt they'd bring it up! They can hardly stop you from pleasuring yourself anyway. I used to think I'd get in trouble or something if my parents found my stuff and then I realised how completely ridiculous that it.

ReputationRep:
    Picking a vibrator up from the Porter's Lodge is THE funniest thing ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    What could your parents say about it anyway? If they found it I'd doubt they'd bring it up! They can hardly stop you from pleasuring yourself anyway. I used to think I'd get in trouble or something if my parents found my stuff and then I realised how completely ridiculous that it.
    Same here! I used to think my mother would kill me if she found my vibrator, then I realised I could use the "at least I'm not going to get pregnant with the Rabbit" line, and what could she possibly say to that? Ditto if she ever was to find my condom supply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppy)
    They could stop you from pleasuring yourself but let's not think of the possibilities.

If my Mum found any of my stuff, I'd probably cringe, as would she and that would be the end of the matter.

ReputationRep:
    I'd have imagined that if your parents found it, they'd be too embarassed to mention it ever, leaving you in sweet ignorant bliss. I don't think my parents would bring it up anyway (especially as I'm a guy!).

ReputationRep:
    God. My mum would probably get one of her mates to do an exorcism on me if she found one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sazarina88)
    They could stop you from pleasuring yourself but let's not think of the possibilities.

If my Mum found any of my stuff, I'd probably cringe, as would she and that would be the end of the matter.
    Yeah my parents avoid asking me questions they don't want to know the answer to. I think a lot of teenagers overestimate their parents' interest in their lives- most parents don't want to know that you got really drunk, puked then had unprotected sex; they're much happier if they don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I've been caught topless by an ex-boyfriend's mother. Having my mother find anything embarrassing of mine is nothing compared to that.

ReputationRep:
    If my mum found my vibrator she'd ask me how good it was. She's like that.

ReputationRep:
    i found a pretty good sex toy website and emailed them to ask if they mail "discreetly" lol. They assured me they do. Also asked them if it's ok for a virgin to use one and again they told me it's not uncommon and even said if I do decide to buy one I should leave a comment saying they emailed me so they can send me a free gift (yeah, i know they're just trying to get me to buy it and will probably send me something like a pair of crappy sex dice). My best friend (a guy...who I can tell almost anything and everything) told me that I shouldn't get one because he reckons I will get used to pleasure that only a vibrator can generate and would be "jumping stages on the sexual pleasure curve" so when I get to actually having sex, it probably wouldn't compare. Any comments on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeesKnees)
    i found a pretty good sex toy website and emailed them to ask if they mail "discreetly" lol. They assured me they do. Also asked them if it's ok for a virgin to use one and again they told me it's not uncommon and even said if I do decide to buy one I should leave a comment saying they emailed me so they can send me a free gift (yeah, i know they're just trying to get me to buy it and will probably send me something like a pair of crappy sex dice). My best friend (a guy...who I can tell almost anything and everything) told me that I shouldn't get one because I will get used to pleasure that only a vibrator can generate and would be "jumping stages on the sexual pleasure curve" so when I get to actually having sex, it probably wouldn't compare. Any comments on this?
    I disagree. I wouldn't advise getting a huge vibrator because it would just be pointless compared to the average guy, but the sensation you get from using it would be completely different to how it would feel with a guy doing it, so I can't see what the problem is

ReputationRep:
    man>vibrator any day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by high priestess fnord)
    man>vibrator any day
    Agreed, but sometimes we don't all have that option!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    I disagree. I wouldn't advise getting a huge vibrator because it would just be pointless compared to the average guy, but the sensation you get from using it would be completely different to how it would feel with a guy doing it, so I can't see what the problem is
    No offence mate, but you don't actually know that first hand do you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by norelle)
    Agreed, but sometimes we don't all have that option!
    sorry that was kinda in reply to beesknees saying her friend thought if you had a vibrator you wouldnt want a man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by norelle)
    No offence mate, but you don't actually know that first hand do you.
    Naturally I do not know that first hand, but these are my girlfriends sentiments about it, which are definitely not just speculation. Regardless, I was expressing views which I have spoken about with her, and therefore I am in a position to offer an answer to that question. Is that alright with you, mate? lol.

ReputationRep:
    What is an Ann Summers Party? For some reason I imagine it to be a bunch of girlfriends sitting around a table and using their vibrators together, but I doubt it's anything as arousing. And I agree with someone who said it, didn't god give you gals hands? Why can't you make do with them like men do?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.